RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker XP: Distnace-based battle script?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has an existing script for a distance-based battle script?

Either frontal or side view is acceptable, I'm not too sure which I want yet.

I had in mind that the battle screen has 3 divisions that are split into Near, Mid, and Far for example. Basically, Near is just about in front of the monster, Mid is midway, and Far is just in the far back on your side. Physical damage being highest in the front, mid in the mid, and least in the farback, stuff like that.

Also, would the script include programming for the character menu, or do I have to do that one myself o.0 I'm still a newb to this scripting in RPG Maker XP.

But just tell me this, is it POSSIBLE to have the battle character to have an option to Move a step back or forward during his turn as a command in his Battle Menu?