RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favorite Maker

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, but you can change the battle system in XP to whatever you want...
that's the neat thing with XP, you can change the whole game if you want.
Il fait chaud, hein?
Life is very much like a donut; round on the outside, and a hole in the inside.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
2k: never used it
2k3: love it cuz it's easy and not complicated
xp: too complicated

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
okay wouter let's see a script for a side scrolling battle system for XP.

Unless I say so, I'm using RPG Maker XP.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
go to rmxp or dubealex (4got which) and search for ccaos side view battle or cybersam's side view battle
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

those both stink.  However i found one that is the rm2k3 battle system redone for XP.  The graphics are even the same to make.

Rep:
Level 91
which one is it and dont say the stink scripting is hard.

i wasn't saying that the scripting wasn't good.  Oh no.  I was saying I didn't like the system it's self.  Most of them had extrymly hard to do graphics.  Others just werent exactly side-scrolling.  They were awesome battle systems just not what i wanted.  Anywho I'm not sure where i found it.  I think it was in a post on that rmxp.net (or whatever it was) about deleted scripts.  I try to find a link.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: The Moogle
those both stink.  However i found one that is the rm2k3 battle system redone for XP.  The graphics are even the same to make.

err they "stink"? they're the only two besides kcg... and they are the 2k3 battle system for xp... correct me if I'm wrong please.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

I found one that is based off of rm2k3 for people like me who love the 2003 battle system but see XP's great potentshol.....(<i spelled that wrong but you get the idea)

2k : Fun & Easy
2K3: Meh..It was alright...I hate bugs tho ~_~
XP: Iam not really a fan of this one but it is one of my favorites ;-)
Mogs Treasure Hunt
Maps = 10%
Characters = 40%
Items = 0%
Magic = 0%

Rep: +0/-0Level 92
Guess who's back
I never used 2k. I think that between 2k3 and xp, xp is better cuz it's much easier to learn..

2K3, undoubtedly. Expands upon everything built in 2K (and thus a lot of the resources like facesets and such transfer VERY easily) and I love the feel a side-view battle gives to the game. IMO it's much more exciting to control and view a fight from the sidelines and see the actions and movements of EVERY participant, rather than seeing through the eyes of one side and never being able to see your heroes' animations, or what have you. In first person mode, you lose some excitement, I think.

Also, I find XP's database to be very confining when compared to 2K3's database. Particularly in the skill and status effect areas, and items. In 2K3 I could really tweak skills and status effects to create some really oddball combinations and give a bright, vivid variety to the abilities in the game, rather than just cookie cutter nukes and junk. There's a lot of user-unfriendly features that require you to script a lot more than enterbrain likes to advertise in XP, and frankly, if I wanted to dig into code, I would open up MS Visual C++, because quite frankly if you're going to code for the sake of customization, you may as well do it from scratch and be able to further customize things like character stat types, encounter types (maybe you want to make a game like Seiken Densetsu 3), and what have you. When I open up an RPG Maker program, it's because I want to ESCAPE code, not do what I already do most of the time anyway (also I do it for the graphics and sound resources, but you get the picture).

I prefer xp because of all the cool things you can do on it and the graphics

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Quote from: RPG_Cat
2k : Fun & Easy
2K3: Meh..It was alright...I hate bugs tho ~_~
XP: Iam not really a fan of this one but it is one of my favorites ;-)

wtf that didnt make ANY sense. you're not afan but it was a favorite? what?

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: TheRotS
I never used 2k. I think that between 2k3 and xp, xp is better cuz it's much easier to learn..

You say that, I learned on Rpg 2003, and yet i still struggled to learn with XP lol, but I personnaly think XP is the best game =]

Guess who's back
Yeah, maybe it takes time to learn but it's easy when you know the minimum.

XP hands down. my favorite makers are the ones you can just pick up and let the story just flow out of you. XP's the first one in a long time. it's got that natural feel that guarantees i'll be a fan.
to sleep, perchance to dream...

i am an eternal dreamer.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
And that you can just simply copy/paste everything to make everything custom...Does everyone miss that fact?
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Guess who's back
Nope it's a good thing for xp!

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
If making you look lazy is a good thing, then fine with me.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Guess who's back
lo(p)l i'm not lazy. May I change my mind? Ok. I think that rpg maker 95 is da best maker!

xp.  there aren't a lot of resources for it, but you are able to do far more with it than the other versions

Guess who's back
You can make your own resources to xp. That's easy.

Guess who's back
Yeah it's kinda hard to find. When you find, it's not always good.. :whoa:

I like the graphics of RpgXP the best (cause they are the best  :D ). I really like the simplicity of Rpg2000 cause the chipsets fit together nicely. Rpg2003, uh isn't it exactly like 2000 except for a bit different chips and battle animation.

Rpg 2000, you can make almost anything (you have many different ground and water chips, etc.), Rpg XP is sort of limited to doing stuff with cliffs (1 water chip per set  :| ).

For Rpg XP you make cool looking, maybe even professional looking games, but the downside is, the stacking chips gets to be a pain, esp if they have that white around the edges.

BTW, I started Rpg Maker this year, my grade 8 Computer class teaches Rpg 2k and Rpg XP. lol