RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I have a custom tileset, but passability options don't work.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I have a decent understanding of much of RPG Maker XP's interface... However, I have come upon a rather annoying obstacle. After setting all passability options, priorities, etc. on a custom tileset, I discovered that only the priorities take any effect. Passability doesn't work whatsoever... All tiles on the map are able to be walked upon. My assumption is that the primary layer (the grass) might be conflicting with the secondary and tertiary layers, but this is simply speculation. Does anyone else have this problem? And if not, could you point me in the right direction?

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
The most obvious answer would be to not hold the CTRL button. That causes a lot of these type of problems. :O_o:  :whoa:
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

CTRL? Why would that button have anything to do with it? There's no use for that key when setting passability options... So I don't see what the relevance of that suggestion is. I need help figuring out why the map doesn't take into account the already-set passability options... Why is every tile traversable?

Rep:
Level 92
Because SOME people tend to accidently hold that button. The purpose of that is it makes the PLAYER feel as if he can fly, and everything seems walkable over.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

I thank you for the suggestion, but it's not one that applies to me. I have not been holding and do not plan to hold the CTRL button down. Under entirely normal circumstances the passability options do not apply on my custom map. Does anyone know why this may be?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Quote from: modestopiner
I thank you for the suggestion, but it's not one that applies to me. I have not been holding and do not plan to hold the CTRL button down. Under entirely normal circumstances the passability options do not apply on my custom map. Does anyone know why this may be?

yeah. try putting whatever doesn't show white space on the first layer. Otherwise, it conflicts. RMXP can be really wierd. liek this one time, everything was set the same except this one section was passable. it was wierd, so i just went up a lyaer and laid down more of the same tile. its kinda hard ot explain...

Thank you. That helps a little bit... At least I don't feel so alone. Do you know if there are any ways to patch or circumvent this problem?

Rep:
Level 89
well... 1st layer is flooring
         2nd layer is buildings, tables, and al of that
         3rd layer is the little items like teddy bears and stuff
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Yup, I know. But with regards to a custom tileset, I need to know how I can make passability options actually work. I set mine properly, yet they do not take effect.

Rep:
Level 91
did you:
a.set passability AND directions AND priorities?
b. made sure the changes were saved?
c. manage to figure out what the options even do?
d. take a look at already made tilesets to get the basic idea?

if yes to all then post a screenie of your passabilities or even upload an empty project with your tileset and let us see whats the problem
holy shit my sig was big!

Yes, I have done all of that. I'm not completely unfamiliar with the system, but I'm at a loss for what I've done wrong. Here's a screenshot of my passabilities, directional passes, and priorities as I have set (and saved) them.

I have not set obscurings, countertops, or terrains so they are not shown in the image (they'd be kinda useless). Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

P.S. Remember... Absolutely none of the passabilities take any effect... Priorities work fine, but all tiles can be walked through.

Rep:
Level 91
that's a wall issue then..
you can try putting everything you can't walk on in the first layer and those that you can't put there try putting on the 2nd AND the 3rd, or even all 3

you setted it good put rmxp can act up on you sometimes, worse case try setting it again in a new place in the array
holy shit my sig was big!

Hmm... Well that makes sense, I just think it's stupid that passability options don't work like they should. I wonder if Enterbrain has any patches available...

Rep:
Level 89
o you are that thing, well sorry i hav no clue about it, i thouhg tyou meant to put them on the map
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 92
Well from what I see your able to walk over the bottom of some of the fences shown. You are able to walk over logs, over the green stem/mini-tree there, most parts of the trees that shouldnt  be walkable over, and thats all I see.

< Zelda Fan Club

Actually, if you look at the directional pass options (middle tileset in the diagram) I have it set so that you can't walk through the fences or logs... Only behind and in front of them. But despite this, even tiles that allow no movement theoretically, allow full movement when I go to play the game. It's pretty lame.