RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The skill... Steal

Rep:
Level 90
~
Hey when doing something like a message, how do you make it say what a variable equals?  (I'm using the SlipKnot message system so it might be different... >_<)

But yes I understand how to make a steal skill, in fact that's all I need to know for it.

Rep:
Level 91
Slipknot?? You mean the band?? JK! :lol:

Rep:
Level 90
~
Quote from: Inaru
Slipknot?? You mean the band?? JK! :lol:

Spammer!

I'd love to get a real response so I can completely setup the steal skill so I can continue to work on my game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Yea, another question about that too: how do I change the letter font or size??
Sorry of i

Rep:
Level 90
~
Thanks man.

Rep:
Level 89
u know how to make another, well can u give mt the script plz, this would make my game so much better than wat is was the last crappy 1 week
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 90
~
Actually it isn't a script, slightly faulty but it gets the point through.  I guess I'll try to get a tutorial up, but involves variables.

Rep:
Level 91
The easiest way to do a steal command, is when the steal skill is used, it switch a switch on. Then, go to monster parties. For each party that has a stealable item, look at the event entry box. Have the preconditions set as the switch that got turned on by the steal skill. Then, have a varible generate a random number between 1 and 100. Use a if then statement.

If Varible is less than *blank*
  Show message that says "You got the thing"
  Add 1 thing to inventory
Else
  Show message that says steal unsecessful

Blank is the % of chance of grabbing the item.

Or did you allready know all this. :o

Rep:
Level 91
oh but that's right where the fun begins inaru
you see doing it your way means you can steal an item but it will be the same items as in the very start
so now you have a few ways:
a. condition to all the monsters= omg pain
b. turn on and off switches for bosses and for diffrent maps allowing you to steal diffrent items, still is a pain but far less
c. stole stealing, it's not good for you
d. i hate to say it but add a line to a script that does the random thing of getting the item but for less chance
why? cause the scripts got all the item lists and the monsters you putted them on so it can give you their loot without too much trouble

how to do it?
simply open the battle scripts, search around and find the item giving reward
change the random to a bigger number or keep it as is and put it in a new script and then call that script everytime in the common event right where it's needed...

not too clear but if you can deal with scripts then you probably got the point
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
If you take your time, it wouldn't be too hard. Plus, you don't want armor from a dinosaur monster when you steal from them, this way you can customize what you steal.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
How do you the steal skill? Oh and death trooper, where did u get those face's that are in your sig? Did you make em?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
interesting...a steal skill i would like to see your tut when it is done....
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 91
here is a tut for you:
make a skill , call it steal, make it cost mana.
link steal skill to a common event named.. er.. steal!

jump to conditions.

if monster 1 is present then
-randomize(1,5)
-if 1 then
-if 2 then
-if 3 then
--change items: pile of dust+1

(and so on)
else
-if monster 2 is present then
(and do like with monster 1)

now, as is the list gonna be the same thing over and over so you can also add a switch at every map or 2, or even at diffrent parts of the map , turned on by walking on them outside or teleporting ,your call
and then it will look

if switch1 = on then
-monster 1-8 as above
else
-if switch2 = on then
-monster 1-8 with changes

and so on.

Rep:
Level 90
~
Heh I did it different.  Although if I really feel like making you get different items from different monsters (which I should do but meh).

Anyway this is how I set my mug skill up (started steal with it too) Set Variable Chance to random number 1-100

Conditional Branch,
If Chance = 51+
Set Variable Mug1 to random number 1-4
If 1
You got a potion!
Item obtained potion:

Etc.

Rep:
Level 91
er.. so hmm... it doesn't change like..ever? Oo
(which reminds me i have no idea why did i condition the monsters if i wasn't doing anything with them..)

meh, if you want every monster to have it's own do:

make a parallel process to turn off all the monster switches

make 1 switch per battlegroup

para will run on all screens

in battle events, set the switch to on.

do something like what trooper said or i said.. it's basicly the same thing.

(you can always make over 1 switch per battle and turn a switch off if a monster dies so that you'll have diffrent steals, one with 8 one with 7 so on until 1)