RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
There should be a rule

Rep:
Level 91
There should be a rule where you can't post about a game until it's at least 10% done. Oh, and can provide demos to the game.

Rep:
Level 91
and then this section will have around 2 posts, hardly any1 hit 10%...

but yeah there should be at least a 10-20 minutes+ demo cus reading those stupid project topics that got nothing but:

characters:
pikachu
he is: annoying and go pike!

and so on with a story that looks like:
pikachu, jewel, big woop, stop the bad guys

is xtremely annoying , i don't want to read about your lame chars and overused story i want to see those showing inside your game and you can push that age line up your cow pie it means nothing ><
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
Well, there are more streotypes than dumb characters a lot of the time, but yeah. It should be an unwritten rule than you should have at least a small portion donw before eny postin. Still..... We have come a long way. It the past few weeks, days even, we have seen some really good games.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I don't see why you should have to have a demo ready to post about a project... I've got several hours of work put into my game (around 100-200 hours) and still haven't even finished mapping the first town yet. Yet I see demos being released that have maybe 2 hours of work put into them at the most...  So having a demo available should have nothing to do with a project imo.

There should be a rule where you can't post about a game until it's at least 10% done. Oh, and can provide demos to the game

Ermm... My game was 7% done and I had about 16 minutes of game time in it. I don't think you should go off percentages.

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
I say to post it here you must have
1.storyline
2.screenshots(atleast2)
and that about it.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

I second Sephiroth, also make sure to mention what makers it's on if you have 2k/2k3.

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
I agree like other sites, You have to have Screenshots and Characters and Story of the Game provided
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
well... im a noob to RPG maker, well a noob atleast to making screenshots and demos, what button takes a screenie?

Rep:
Level 91
hmm... possibly you should use a nice button called "print screen" somewhere around your keyboard, usually on the right section of it between the Fs and the numlockable numbers
then ctrl+v in paint and save the picture

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Well,i agree with a lot that has been said here.But take me for example.I have a game that i am working on.I had absolutely nothing,if i didnt post here asking for help,i would still be on my own.Now i have a team helping to make my  game.So what i mean is,if this rule was valid,how could one recruit team members to start making the game?
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 91
asking for help as a person who need help is allowed, feel free to do so in tutorial section
as for recruiting, i find it weird that people run around asking for others to join their project without even having 1 map maybe not even an idea

i suggest posting a demo, then asking for help from that point (at least 15minutes of play) this way people will know you are serious and they can be working on the stuff you did imrpoving them, that way you can see their skills in action before letting them in too.

Rep:
Level 91
lol, sorry, but i disagree with zshadowzero27 and sepiroth666 and Inaru.
first of all, there isn't a storyline forum, so people may post and should post only storylines too.
plus, how can someone possibly know how much the game is finished? and some games' 10% is like 20 hour gameplay, unlike my games which 10% is like 5 minutes... :P

Rep:
Level 91
so don't get to %s, post when you have 15minutes +
and freaking don't post storylines that's the point, if you wanna post a story there is a nice section called creativity outlet made for that sort of stuff...
i want to see 15 minutes of game  , screenies come with it and story if you really must tell it but only when you post the demo, only after 15 minutes....

Quote from: blueXx
so don't get to %s, post when you have 15minutes +
and freaking don't post storylines that's the point, if you wanna post a story there is a nice section called creativity outlet made for that sort of stuff...
i want to see 15 minutes of game  , screenies come with it and story if you really must tell it but only when you post the demo, only after 15 minutes....

BlueXx,if this became a rule,dont you think a lot of people would try and hurry their game to have a 15 mn+ demo?
I think i would prefer to play three minutes of a good demo,with a good storyline and nice events,then chasing after crystals to deliver to the king.
I'm just trying to say,why should time be of such importance?Shouldn't the gameplay be a priority?
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

I think a person should not be obligated to post a demo of the game in the first post, but he can

Rep:
Level 91
meh mark, if a person rushes to get to 15 minutes that's good, it means more demos more ways to correct and so on.
if he truely rushed he will get a bunch of "bah smelly i suggest you'll get a new idea asap and oh btw this and that aren't working right so bah..."

story+screenies on their own.. i dunno,, it doesn't seem enough, it's not a game it's a "hi look me good mappa pwnage!!!!!!!!!" show off posting..
it's all nice and fun that you can get the car and show off screenies of it, but without the engine inside it or even the ability to sit in it that car is of no use.
think about it.

Mark does have a point, people might start rushing to make a Demo with several errors or just something stupid like fetching crystals for a king as previously stated by Mark.

And sides, if it was a three minute demo, that's long enough to see how the maps look and such, and even have a bit of a storyline. Think of it as a playable summary, It'll help determine if you want to play the whole game or not.

There should be a rule where you can't post about a game until it's at least 10% done. Oh, and can provide demos to the game.

Then you would have broken your own rule:

http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3872

Rep:
Level 91
lol

thardin, i'll take off my hat for ya ;P

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: blueXx
meh mark, if a person rushes to get to 15 minutes that's good, it means more demos more ways to correct and so on.
if he truely rushed he will get a bunch of "bah smelly i suggest you'll get a new idea asap and oh btw this and that aren't working right so bah..."

story+screenies on their own.. i dunno,, it doesn't seem enough, it's not a game it's a "hi look me good mappa pwnage!!!!!!!!!" show off posting..
it's all nice and fun that you can get the car and show off screenies of it, but without the engine inside it or even the ability to sit in it that car is of no use.
think about it.

I dont agree with that, I think if you post a decent, well thought few storyline and screenies, then (if possible) can be improved on, we tell them how too, thus making for a better demo  :wink:

Rep:
Level 91
I guess it really dosen't matter, because people will still post their games, with nothing done in them, with crappy storylines. This really proves or sets anything straight.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
NECROPOSTING BECAUSE I AM BORED D:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
:taco: :taco: :taco: