RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
attempting a cutscene

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
ok... noob here with a big question.

I am trying to make a cutscene and i have a few problems

1 is there a way to keep my hero from showing up on the screen when i teleport to the cutscene?

2 is there a way to stop the talking after the first time through?

Please let me know ASAP, as i want to continue this so it will work wonderfully

Current project: Virtues and Sins: Legend of Virtues
<llllllllllllllllllll> 2%

umm... i don't know how i go about making a switch, and i looked through quite a bit of the other q's and they don't tell me how to get to the switch making part of the programing (like, does it have its own dialog box?)

It's on the first tab, it should be called Switch Operations

Just make two pages, do the cutscene in the first one and end it with,

Switch: [XXXX: NAME] = ON

Then make a second page and on the left side there will be a preconditions box. Check switch and select the one you turned on. Look in the tutorials section for more.

sorry, i just read the rules for posting... lol

anyway i have the XP version, and i'm not entirely sure what your talking about when you say a tab... remember i'm a noob, and i cannot grasp the concept of a tab from the pits of space and time...

OH! and another problem that happens with my maker is that when i kill a monster, this exploding noise starts and keeps going throughout the whole battle (and i turned the enemy die SE off)

Just to let everyone know, i always speek in a satyrical (joking) tone, and so i hope no one takes this message as condescension (or the opposite, whatever term that is)

The "Tabs" I referred to are the "Tabs" that contain the command like "Message", "Move Event". "Teleport", etc. You want the first tab.

you know throughout all this planning, i kinda wonder why "End Event Processing" doesn't work for this sorta thing...

Sorry, I skimmed through your message previous from my last.
It's constantly repeats the noise.

Well first of all what maker are you using? And you should match the noise with one of your SE files.

LOLZ i found a way to do it without a switch... omg but i still think i should use the switch, just in case

lol i'm posting a mile a minute here,

1 i am using RPMXP
2 the sound effect is EXPLOSION X (where X is one of the variables)

anyway, i really appreciate all the help

Did you make any new battle conditions, (E.g. "Poison, Blind")

(P.S. Please watch out for double posting, there is an edit button.)

oh, sorry...

umm... lemme think... no i didn't make any new statuses, i dunno what to do, i tried what you said, and that didn't work, i'm beginning to think it may be a glitch... anyway, i hope i don't have too many of these problems again, cuz there reallystarting to leech my creation time!
 :P

Rep:
Level 91
To make the guys stop talking, have the event set as action key. That way, when you hit a button next to him, the character will do whatever, and stop at the end of what they are supposed to do.

gee... um thx for the rather rude sounding comment, sir or madam, and i wil definatley take it to heart

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour

OMG THX SOOOOO MUCH, your are a sanity saver :P

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Hey! No problem!

Rep:
Level 91
Hey! How was that rude!

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Hehe! How so?

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
I dont think it was rude and Zxmelee is a good helper. Glad he helped ya
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

I wasn't talking about melee, but inaru said something along the lines of "to stop the guys talking"... i dunno, it just seemed like inaru was annoyed with reading the forum, lol i appologize

Rep:
Level 91
Well, no. Events work as a robot. When they finish the action, unless told otherwise, they will stop doing what they are doing. But when the event is set at atuomatic, it will keep going until you tell it to stop, because there are no conditions for it to start.

Yeah, i'm hoping that i have that problem behind me, but my SE problem is still there...