RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Things I need help with.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Ok Im just gona list all my problems and questions here.

1: I dont really have no clue how events work. I dont have a clue how to use them
2: I cant find the thing for making an npc be a shop.
3: Can I make it so that I have more than 4 characters at a time?
4: Also an I make it look like all 4 characters are travaling in a pacck instead of just having one character walking around?
5: How do I make stuff like tresure chests open and praduce items?
Can I have more than 5 hip sets at a time?

Thts all for now.
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Oh also how do I make meseges apere when you push ebneter when by a npc.
Also how can I make it so you only start out with one character and meet more who join you along your journy?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
3. No.

The others you need to practice with events, you'll never learn if we baby you like this. Practice a bit and if you need more help, Pm me. :wink:
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 91
actually d"d you can do 3 very very easily with scripts, though i still need to work on how to make the additional heroes actually show  :wink:

(somewhere around spam i posted a script demo, it was included in it with some  other stuff, you can use page down and you'll see the new heroes and when you battle you need to use the attack menus blindly (can't see it but you can still push buttons as if you did see it))
i'll try working on it another day i am trying to make another script atm
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
To make characters follow you, on every map, create the event for the character that you want to follow you, set up a switch, so when he or she joins your party, that event will now have the sprite of the character. Then have the even be parallel process, and have him steping one step closer to you, and repeat it, at whatever speed (To have him actuall follow you, look under move command in the 2nd page). Prsto, the guy should follow you till the ends of the earth.

Ok thx guys. BlueXx I will be waiting for that script, I really need it. Only geting to use 4 outa 12 awseome characters Im busting my ass to get done really sux. Ok and deadly diablo. I dont have a clue at all how to use events and stuff. I cant even find the mesege thingy, or the open shop, I dont even know how to make it so you talk to people. so yeah. I have been messing with it but I really dont have a clue. Also how do the trigers work? Whats script and how does that work? and how do you make it so that you can choose your characters name?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Oh also I am having trouble making the logos and Icon.s. I keep geting "wrong file typ errors and lal that crap. any sugestions?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

1: To make an event select the event layer then double click where you want the event on the map and select the apropriate event commands
2: Event commands 3rd tab laft collum second from the top aand set the graphic to a shop owner looking guy
3: there r scripts availuable for extra characters on your team if you want all your characters to battle at once you could try this one http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/index.php?showtopic=2627
4: search for a catapila script
5: this is done through events
Many of ur other questions can be solved in the database to change character names select the hero tab and to change your starting party select the system tab

lol. I figured out how to use the events. God! I feel so stupid!! I didnt realize that you had to right click on the page. ok as for the data base I figured that out right away(@ days ago when I downloaded it)

I think the only things I need help with now is the logos and Icon, and making it so I can hold more than 4 characters. Thx for al the help guys. sry for being such a super noob.
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Oh hey does that script work for rpg maker 2003? cause thats what Im using.
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: Ayden
Oh hey does that script work for rpg maker 2003? cause thats what Im using.

1. Dude, dont double post  :evil:

2. Scripts are for RMXP only.

oh yeah since your using 2003 most of my information was probably useless
:oops:
soz

Oh.lol :lol: . Np. So does that mean that theres no way to make it so you can hold more than 4 characters on 2003?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Rep:
Level 91
nope sadly since 2k3 can't have scripts it can't have anything outside it's normal programming, so no over 4 heroes for you :(
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Actually if you make a CBS and a CMS, that might be possible. :O_o:  You just have to code it properly, making sure to get all the steps right. And a caterpillar system can also add realism to it.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

And how exactly do youdo all that? If I cant get more than 4 haraters on 2003 then I guess Il just rearange the story a bit then have more when I m ake the sequel in xp.
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

I cant use the custom batle sets. I import them but they dont show up in the option list. how do I use them?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella