RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Class question

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Can I like trnsfer my game to xp? Or is it too late?

2k3 and 2k are transferrable, but not those two and XP. Just do yourself a favor and start over in XP. :|

Wait, nvm, I use Rpg Maker XP Postailty Knights Edition Enhanced

Rep:
Level 90
No you can't do that ... sorry. You have to start all over
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep:
Level 90
ok whatever but it seems to me that rpg xp is way better and will be till the next version comes out thats how i see it.  btw i don't play games usually that are map with any other version with the exception of really good games and games that have to need for rtp.  so i don't have to download the older versions.

and yes i am being rude i think that its stupid that people think that the older versions are better. anything that can be done with the older versions can be done with the newer one too. even if you have to use a script to get to it.  :evil:

this is the last time i post about this my opinion stand here please don't comit on it agian. becuase you are going to get the same awnser.  

END OF MY OPINOIN STATMENT DON"T COMMINT ON THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Remind me never to argue with you. :shock:

Anway, josh, it is really up to you. From what I've seen, though, more people use XP...

This is xp right? Rpg Maker XP Postailty Knights Edition Enhanced and if it is, why could you not open it?

The file you uploaded was in RPG Maker 2003, correct? If so, it cannot be opened in RPG Maker XP (Postality Knights or otherwise) because the files are not compatible.

nope it was made with the knight xp thing.I fixed most problems with blaze's help.

Hmm...now I've got my own problem as to why I couldn't open it...huh. Well, if you're all set thanks to blaze, I'm off to work on my problem...

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Guys, stay on topic, this is a topic about classes, and your discussing which maker is best so ... :wink:

He started being off topic when he firy posted, dwarra. This is a topic about ckasses, correct? Well then...

Quote from: joshkol
What are the different layers ( what are they and what do they do) ?

So he was really off-topic from the beginning.[/quote]

sorry for going off topic, but the second question on my first post was how to add a box asking what class they wanted to be, and I got that to work so thx to everyone who helped me.

Rep:
Level 91
don't worry joshkol you didn't get off topic, once the problam was solved and you added a new problam it was clrealy a change of topic, only the topic owner is allowed to change the topic and thus you didn't do anything wrong.
holy shit my sig was big!

I have a map where its just grass, and I have a teliport at the end to another map. What I want to do is make the character fight somthing before it is allowed to teliport.

You want him/her to have to fight?

Rep:
Level 90
Then go to the event script and put an enemie script on the same spot you teliport or a panel before you teliport after beating the monster you may enter.
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Before the teleport event, make an enemy encounter before it. Make a custom victory handler, if you lose, game over lol, if you win, teleport.

If you dont want to fight them again, put a local switch a - on, then make a new page the same but whithout the enemy encounter.

So, if I just do the script enemy encounter and teliport after that script, they have to fight the enemy first right?

Rep:
Level 90
Yep, im pretty sure thats the case. Test it out .. if there's any troubles during the process let us know.
MSN CHAT-

Thx it worked perfect, but how canb I rotate objecs? Like a tree or a sign? This is not an event, just scenery.

Rep:
Level 90
I like to fuck donkeys, so I don't know what you're talking about.
MSN CHAT-

Well, like a tent in the set exteriot forest (I think) it faces dows, I want it to face left, or a fireplace to face right not down.

Rep:
Level 91
you... well.. you can't.
only charsets can be move to diffrent directions, and that's only cause they have a set of diffrent images to define how they will look in every direction, if you want a tree the is rotated to the right you gonna have to make an image or find an image of that tree rotated to the right and put it in the tileset using Paint (how to do the importing explaination can be found in the forums, scroll up and you'll see a white box, type a word in it and click "go" or push the advanced search button located under it to search better
holy shit my sig was big!