RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Distributing Your Games Without The RTP (RMXP)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Is this possible? I have seen the tutorial on how to do it in RM2K3 but not in XP.

Please help. :D:D:D

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

TY!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for that link. I was also wondering how to give people a copy of my game without needing them to have RPG XP installed.

Is it possible to make your game to a .exe file?
And i dont understand that thing with the rtp and stuff... Can anyone help me?

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Do you mean install file? Or an exe file, like program type file?
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

I mean that install file... and one more question.. Where do you find the RGSS100J.dll file?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
thats the rtp...

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: LinkaN
I mean that install file... and one more question.. Where do you find the RGSS100J.dll file?

Windows/System32

The rtp is more than one file btw.

The RGSS100J.dll is what is required to run the game. It's what runs the scripts and such in the window.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
i didnt know that the RTP is more than one file...
maybe i should stick to making resorces..

guys im really sorry but this is all going through one ear and out the other, what i understood was this;

all i really understood was copy RGS100J.dll (or w/e) into the folder. then i saw something about copying all the graphics data and sound that i used into the folder, but that was already there... and then inside the rpg maker theres an option called distribute to disk, but i click that and all it does is compress everything in my project folder into a ZIP folder...

so could anyone please explain as babyish-ly as you can to me, i would very much appreciate it

sry for tripple post but this is now what i understand.

How do i set the RTP to "NONE"?

I read the tutorial, and so far what i understand is this...

1. Copy RGSS100J.dll into the archive your gonna send to ur friend, and tell them to put it in "WINDOWS/System32".
2. Zip up all the resources you used in your project into your Games folder
3. Set the RTP to NONE before you save.

OK my questions are this;

1. How do i set the RTP to NONE (is there like a checkbox in one of the menus?)
2. Do i need to click "Distribute to Disk" button at any point and
3. Say, for example, I want to send "Project 3" to a friend. To get all the resources, do i just copy the "Project 3" Folder (Which contains only the data i used in my game) Or all the files that are available, some of which i haven't used in the game?

If that didnt make sense, please say, and if it did, please help!!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
You can set the RTP to none in GAME menu on the toolbar.