RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
a clock tutorial

Rep:
Level 91
this is a clock based on events only, i am sure it can be of some use to some people.
(hours, minutes,sec , am or pm options) (player insert the time when the game starts)
(it's based on 10 frames=1 sec, change it to 15 frames if you feel like it)
the demo is here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C61L4CYV

if you have any questions, go ahead, click on the project file to see how i did it.
have fun.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
here is a new version of the clock:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XCGANWS

it will now add a new day and night tinting (day is between 6am to 8 pm)
frames per sec is now set to 1(You can change it though) so that the player can play at night in one or another point of the game.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I cant dowload it? but it want it oh please please please

Rep:
Level 91
amazing how half of the people can dl from megauploads and half can't

zupload mirror:

http://z13.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=12641

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
About your tutorial... How come you're not using a common parallel event as a counter?

Rep:
Level 91
i actually do count the time in 1 para, while the 2nd one checks for night and day

as you can see in the night/day there are 200frames gaps, they won't stop the game but they will stop the parallel and the result is the time parallel being late every time the sun goes up or the night falls

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: blueXx
i actually do count the time in 1 para, while the 2nd one checks for night and day

as you can see in the night/day there are 200frames gaps, they won't stop the game but they will stop the parallel and the result is the time parallel being late every time the sun goes up or the night falls

The parallel you use is an event in the specific map. This doesn't matter as you only have 1 map, but I'm asking why you didn't put it in the common events?
Do you think it's easier to understand if it's present in the map?
It would be easier to have as a common event if you have lots of maps meh thinks.

Rep:
Level 91
Oo
i thought it would be more accessable seing as most people won't think of searching the common events
whats more i personally enjoy the copy-pasting as you would need to make a para to trigger the common event anyways and you can just as easy use ctrl+c and ctrl+v
or so i think  :O_o:

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
In and Out
I can't use the RAR is there any other format you have the tutorial in because I really need a day and night system for my new game series.  :cry:
Also all the scripts in RMXP are in Kanji I can't read Kanji. Thus i can't utilize script fully. However I'll look into with my eng help files for scripting, thanx for the tip.
"Don't let the torrent of unoriginallity and uncreativity swallow you you must always swim against it, and always improve your knowledge and wisdom for they will be the means for going against that torrent."

Rep:
Level 90
You know you can just use a script (I havn't tried blues version so I dont know which is better) I dont really need a system thats why I aint botherin to download this  :whoa:

Rep:
Level 91
my clock is done by events ~_~
it's superior to the scripts seeing as it is easy to edit and makes the game more realistic (since you can condition shops by time and add time to the inn rests)

i could zip it for you but i highly suggest you will download winrar as it is very needed nowadays

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html