RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
OMG: Making Backgrounds Transparent

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
OK, I've seen MANY people have problems with this, and hopefully people will read this before they post. But,  since I'm posting it as a Sticky, then most likely they won't.  :?  :roll:  :twisted:  :)

1. Anyway, make sure that you are importing the picture through RPG Maker's Import/Export system, you can find the icon at the top of the screen (In any version) next to the database icon.

2. Click "Import".

3. A window will (should) come up after you select which item to import, displaying the image of what it is. LEFT click on the background (for XP), and then click OK. For 2000 and 2003, you have to DOUBLE-CLICK whatever it is you're wanting to be transparent. The whatever-it-is will then be flashing. Click OK.

4. You're done.
:tinysmile:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
youve explained it in a way which makes sense ive had trouble trying to think of a way to explain it

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
well, good job. i dont know how people couldnt understand at first glance...  :?  but i guess this sums it up.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
You'd be surprised. Anyway, everybody makes stupid mistakes sometimes, so it isn't that big of a deal. I just got tired of explaining it every couple of days.  :P

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
OMG nice work  8)

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Quote from: HaloOfTheSun
OK, I've seen MANY people have problems with this, and hopefully people will read this before they post. But,  since I'm posting it as a Sticky, then most likely they won't.  :?  :roll:  :twisted:  :)

1. Anyway, make sure that you are importing the picture through RPG Maker's Import/Export system, you can find the icon at the top of the screen (In any version) next to the database icon.

2. Click "Import".

3. A window will (should) come up after you select which item to import, displaying the image of what it is. LEFT click on the background (for XP), and then click OK. For 2000 and 2003, you have to DOUBLE-CLICK whatever it is you're wanting to be transparent. The whatever-it-is will then be flashing. Click OK.

4. You're done.
GENIUS!!! :shock: Thank you! :^^:

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Also, in XP if you want a color to be translucent (see-through) then RIGHT-click on the color.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Master_of_Time
Also, in XP if you want a color to be translucent (see-through) then RIGHT-click on the color.

what does translucent actually mean?

If you hate snakes then theres a 100% chance that i hate you!

Dont click here ------> http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?the%20serpent

Rep:
Level 97
It is sort of see-through, kind of how you can see a ghost, but see through it as well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 92
Guess who's back
Hey that's genius! Thanks!!

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
omg...i count for three of the almost no views...ive read it twice =) its awesome! :) even though i already knew it :roll:

Rep:
Level 97
Quote from: Dr_Swordopolis
omg...i count for three of the almost no views...ive read it twice =) its awesome! :) even though i already knew it :roll:

:roll:  Then this obviously isn't for you...

Locked.