RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Advanced side-view battle system (does not require battlers)

Rep:
Level 90
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOLLNHFM  I just was screwing around testing stuff. so Nothing done on it yet... If you wanna tweak the scripts to make them look cooler go ahead :-P (I cant afford legal version of XP so its the postality =\ )
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 90
Make one in postality my 30 day trial ran out even tho I have paid for it already............ =\

Rep:
Level 90
That wasnt postality? thats what I did it all in.

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 90
Meh nvm I worked around things so I got it up in postality brb
It works fine for me..... I had to replace the actor data tho....... =\ Are u using diff people? If so u will have to name them.... nvm lemme sho u lol

Ok say u have a char set named bob. Your using him with the battle
035-Mage03 U need to save the tileset in paint as 035-Mage03 and import it into the game and use that 1. That would work =\ No problems with any script.

Rep:
Level 90
I dont understand... Its not working XD  Sorry

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: Neko
Name the tileset? Dont you think that gets a smidget annoying? XD I didnt do that and it worked fine...

??????????????????? who said nething about naming a tileset... u said it wasnt working and asked if I could help.....

Rep:
Level 90
I dont know.. Im so confused XD I renamed the people to Zolandor on battlers and character and it didnt work. Im prob. not understanding you. Im not that good at english =[ Sorry

No help? =[ Sorry for being bad at this

Pwnzorz'd

Quote from: Lavata
i tried it out,and i like it,the only problem is that when i get into a battle with an imported enemy and error comes up stateing that it's not in the character folder,fine,i fixed that but when i tried to battle it again,it worked but it was only a little square of the enemy -.- is there anyway to fix that?

Easy. Import the Spriteset to the battlers folder and assign it to your enemy. Lol, read the first post.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hey very nice script bro!!! Good job !

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: TommYJET
Hey very nice script bro!!! Good job !

He didnt make it >.>

This is really great... just 1 thing. I got the bottom thing that usually shows up in battle (the one that shows your HP, SP, and so on) to go away, but now I want the HP and SP to appear over the characs and/or monsters in NUMBER form as well as bar form... how do I do this?

Sorry if this soundish extremely n00bish.

Rep:
Level 89
Where teh hell does all teh script go?
I am sort of new to entering scripts, and I'd rather not mess this up, so if someone could tell me, I would be most appreciative.

THIS SCRIPT IS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
IT WORKS FULY WITH ME!
WOOOO
GJ MATE!
could ya pm me/post the script?

omg leet

Thanks alot just what i was looking for
PM me if you need a website/ forums for your game. I MAY charge depending on what style you want etc. More than likely won't though.

Quote from: sam_9000
THIS SCRIPT IS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!
IT WORKS FULY WITH ME!
WOOOO
GJ MATE!
could ya pm me/post the script?

soorry for double post

Dude just open the project on your own RMXP
PM me if you need a website/ forums for your game. I MAY charge depending on what style you want etc. More than likely won't though.

Wow! Thats awesome.

Could someone tell me how to get rid of the default battle screen character status display?  With it onscreen, it blocks the characters toward the bottom of the screen.

EDIT: Well nevermind, problem solved.  Is there any way to control how the characters move when executing a skill?  Like if i'm using a skill that involves a melee attack, is there I way I can make them walk all the way up to an enemy like when doing a normal attack instead of them that just moving foward a tiny bit and stopping?

Well I guess i'll bump this to help it get attention.  Does anyone know a way to make it so a normal attack would behave like a skill with this script and the character won't go all the way up to and enemy and attack them?  The reason I ask is because some of my character's basic attacks are shooting guns and I don't want them to walk right up to an enemy and shoot them.

ok, i know im gunna sound stupid and probably get flamed for this,
but im new at it, i cant seem to get it to work...
i copied and pasted the script, incerted it above 'main',
imported my character as a battler and when i tested it it said there was a problem with line 30...
i know its probably something really stupid and small, but  ihave no idea what to do!

Yeah, thats me. Yeah, for real.
"This isn't God" Marilyn Manson

Rep:
Level 89
I saw people saying that it looked like they're floating ..
This is how to make them less-floatingg
Export the characterset of the enemy and edit it with some program ( Keep it simple and use paint :-) )
Cut the sprite of the enemy where he's looking to  the right , then copy it .
Open a new paint , paste it there and save it'on your desktop or wherever u want
then import it in the BATTLERS map ..

Create a new monster and as picture , select the monster u imported
Then create a new MONSTER GROUP and only select the monster u imported =)
then save it ... 

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
any way to make the battle screen behind your hero's facing the monsters?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Just use a blank battler. (it should be listed as (none) in the database.)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

ahhhh? total noob (yes i kno that name is overused) im asking because i have a cool idea and want to make it but suck with scripting.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

ahhhh? total noob (yes i kno that name is overused) im asking because i have a cool idea and want to make it but suck with scripting.

i want to show the hero's as well as the people they are fighting just want hte camera to be zoomed out behind the heros showing everything.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
OH. Well, What I would do is get a battler that faces away from the screen, and then whenever it needed to move, make each frame of your battle animation have a hero disappear event in it, with the moving set up as an animation. Then, it looks like they're moving when they need to be.

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION!

If I want to make people use skills without taking that extra little step forward, what do I do to the script?

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
side view for xp?  well, there goes my one reason to still use 2003.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."