RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VXA Custom Menu (need slight help)

Rep:
Level 75
Moose Warrior of the Moose Brigade
Hello there, i'm just being a bit of a scrub and was wondering if someone could help me. I was customizing my menu and noticed one thing when going from the map to the menu, all my HUD images would disappear but the rest of the map in the background stayed as I entered the menu. The graphics for the HUD return when I resume the game, but I want the images to stay present in the background of the menu. Can anyone help me with this? I ran into a similar problem like this back in RMXP, but I can't figure out how to fix it in VX Ace. It would be much appreciated fellow gamers and coders.
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Are you using files from the pictures folder for the HUD? They should be staying, unless something in the script is specifically erasing them when the menu is brought up?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
The HUD is being created by another script, and it's using pictures from the Graphics\System folder instead of Graphics\Picture

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Have you tested without the custom menu to see if the default menu will remove the HUD, too? I'm thinking that the HUD script, rather than your menu script, may be the problem.

It's possible that picture files will stay in the background and system images disappear. There may be a way to go through the HUD script and change the images to be read through the pictures folder, instead. Otherwise, something else in the HUD script might be removing images upon the call of the menu.

Can you provide a link to the HUD script? I'd like to take a look at it and see if one of those solutions can't fix it (assuming that the HUD script is causing the issue).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
I'm just altering the default menu script in the project, mostly just resizing and relocating windows. I will try changing the directory to Pictures first and see how it fairs out.

Rep:
Level 75
OK no, i'm still a scrub, I can't get it to work. I'll attach the HUD script if you want to look at it. It's been edited a bit, and i've been excluding TP and EXP in the HUD for my project.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The HUD script is definitely causing the issue, but switching the graphics to be read from the pictures folder didn't help at all. ;9 From the looks of it, the script clears the HUD upon entering anything other than Scene_Map. This can be changed by editing line ~325:

Code: [Select]
  def self.clear
    #Added code. Doesn't clear the HUD when in Scene_Menu.
    if !SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Menu)
      @sprite_b.bitmap.clear
      @sprite_bg.bitmap.clear
    end
  end

However, I'm also a scrub (especially with ruby programming) and can't seem to get the HUD to be positioned behind the menu. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 75
Ahh thank you very much! Everything works great now. Getting the HUD to display behind the menu is a matter changing the Z priority :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yay! I'm glad everything works now! ^_^

I thought z might change it, but I couldn't figure out how to make that work. :B
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]