RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Silence Breaks

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
With PhoenixFire popping up, I was reminded of some music I did for one of NAMKCOR's games, and since that's never going to get finished I figured I would post what I did lol. I was experimenting with a lot of different sound libraries at the time, so there's lots of mixing and matching, and the quality varies wildly between tracks because of that. Plus she wanted weird creepy music and it was something I hadn't really done at the time, so there was also a lot of experimentation in the composition side of things. Just one big experiment all around, I guess. I think things turned out pretty cool, but looking back there's a lot I would have done differently (mostly I would have taken the approach I did with the Boss Battle track because the sound and mixing quality on that one is the best).

These are all ogg, so I'm just gonna link straight to dropbox. I don't wanna bother with uploading to Soundcloud:

Dark Resolution
Somehow Bound
Battle
Nightshade
Boss Battle
An Early Grave (I'm 99% sure I made an entirely new version because NAMKCOR didn't like it, but I can't find the file or the score)
Solitary Confinement
Depths

There were a couple of other tracks I did, but I can't seem to find them. I had started on final battle music, but it never got finished because she never finished the game. I wanted to revisit this style and themes in the RMRK Mood Challenge with Fear, but it was kind of rushed and I don't think I did a very good job, especially since most of it was just the exact same thing I already did here - sometimes worse.  :sadmoonfacefromthatthreadss:
:tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I love you thank you good life.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I really like Boss Battle. It reminds me of Lost music, especially the percussion and horns, except it has woodwinds in it

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
That's not why I like it though

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
It sure gives a horror feel, and the boss battle one made me think of outlast, running away from angry lunatics for sure.