RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How big is your gaming collection?

Rep:
Level 90
To start, I have over 500 physical games, over 15+ consoles. Due to current space limitations, most are in storage, so I cannot list them individually. The most valuable game I own, based on current 2nd hand prices is Fire Emblem:Path of Raidiance.

I'm terms of consoles, I own:
Atari 2600
Sega Master System
NES
Retron 5
Genesis/Megadrive + SMS adapter
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Playstation 2 X2 (slim and phat)
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
Wii U
Gameboy SP
Gameboy Micro
DS Lite
3ds X2
Sega Gamegear

Controllers:
Ps2: 4 standard, 1 race wheel w/pedals
Dreamcast: 4 standard, light gun, fishing rod, keyboard, vmu x8
Genesis: 8 assorted standards
N64: 2 standard, transfer pack
Everything else: 2-4 standard controllers

On top of all of that, I own 302 Skylanders, and 17 amiibo's.

What about you guys?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Gameboy
Gameboy ADV
NDS
PS1
PS3
Genesis
SNES
Gamecube
PC
2 of each controller except Gamecube which I have 4 for.

http://vgcollect.com/boe/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:34:52 AM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
GBA, GBA:SP, DS, 3DS, PS2, XBOX, GameCube, PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Wii-U, and Dr.Mc now has an XBOXONE

I had older consoles at one point, but I was a kid that didn't know how to handle them :-(
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was trying to remember the name of that site.
Do you still have that picture of your entertainment system?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It's about a year old now - Smash Bros. for Wii U isn't even in it! - but it's still pretty much the same (just some more games since this picture)

Spoiler for big picture:

NES and SNES in the bedroom with the CRT TV because of the Retron 5. All the handheld games are in there, too. (This is also where the Sega CD and Saturn games are now because that shelf got full and I had to move something)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:43:13 AM by haloOfTheSun »

Rep:
Level 97
Perhaps someday we'll reach this level

Rep:
Level 90
I'm trying to wrap my head around all the room you would need for 10,000 frigon games. I'm in awe.

Rep:
Level 97
Judging from the pictures he has posted (not sure how old they are), it pretty much takes up an entire large basement:

This guy amazingly gets most of his stuff from garage sales and flea markets. He's somehow found two copies of Earthbound for under $10, among other stuff. Not sure where he lives because here flea markets are full of disc-only copies of very common games, and garage sales are nothing special (though I have found a couple of cool things for real cheap).

Rep:
Level 96
It's very rare for the thrift store near me to have any cartridge based games, and even then they're behind glass.
They always want way too much for them, and the stuff is never there for long before somebody buys it (Most likely scalpers).

The only game I've bought from a thrift store was a super random copy of Mortal Kombat I found in a random bin.
They have bins of misc cables and connectors, and I found a copy of Mortal Kombat for the Genesis in one. They only wanted like $1.50 for it.

Haven't gotten that lucky again. ;9
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:36:59 AM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
In my experience stores that sell retro games sell them for waaaay more than they're worth, or they'll sell them for "ebay price" which 9 times out of 10 is also overpriced. That's not counting the 50 copies of Madden, of course.

Anything from the N64/PS1-era and earlier is hugely inflated in price. Sometimes you have games that are actually rare and should be valuable, but then most of the time people assign arbitrary prices and try to sell them and then idiots with disposable income and who have reached the age where they are nostalgic for these games buy them, and then it slowly becomes the standard price. Like dang, Super Mario Bros. for the NES is not worth $20+. And then there's the stupid sellers that think "oh it's an SNES game so it must be valuable", sometimes with the variation of "oh it's an SNES game and it's a good game so it must be valuable", not realizing that Super Mario World, while a good game, is incredibly common so really shouldn't sell for more than like $8, but no, it should sell for half the value of a brand new game in 2015. And yeah, then there's scalpers that just keep the prices inflated because, as stated earlier, nostalgic shitheads that don't know anything about this stuff will just buy it because they can. And then worst of all you get random price hikes on games because someone popular like James Rolfe or the Game Grumps plays/talks about them and then suddenly they're "worth" like $200 (literally) and the price takes forever to go back down, or never does. (See: Space Megaforce and Wild Guns)

There are still quite a few PS1 games that can be gotten for pretty cheap, some of them are really good and a bit unknown. That won't last for long though. And PS2/Gamecube games are starting to rise in price. Wii games are generally still pretty cheap and PS3 and 360 games will be for even longer, since those systems are still kind of going sorta kinda. Right now it's just kind of a waiting game for the bubble to pop and the older games to start going back down in price, but that probably won't happen for quite a while, if it even does.

I still remember the day I got Final Fantasy III on SNES for $2 and Little Samson for $0.50. Unfortunately, my mom sold that one in a garage sale without telling me :mad: It's unlikely we'll see a time again that we can get these games for ultra cheap.

Rep:
Level 97
As far as being lucky, I did manage to pick up Final Fantasy VII for like $2.50 a year or two ago. It was the Greatest Hits version, but still pretty cool. I got Castlevania: Dracula X for like $20 a few years ago, which wasn't as good of a find then, but considering it goes for 10 times as much these days, that's pretty cool. Same with E.V.O. and Wild Guns.

Rep:
Level 90
The luckiest i've got with my pickups was a once in a lifetime thing. A pawn shop, literally behind my house, was selling any games they had in bins for 25 cents a pop. Needless to say, I grabbed everything. I made off with 200 games for a mere $50. I'll never find a deal like that again.

Rep:
Level 90
Gameboy
Gameboy ADV
NDS
PS1
PS3
Genesis
SNES
Gamecube
PC
2 of each controller except Gamecube which I have 4 for.

http://vgcollect.com/boe/

You do have some nice additions in your collection, as modest as it is. Quite a bit of stuff I haven't played.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
It's about a year old now - Smash Bros. for Wii U isn't even in it! - but it's still pretty much the same (just some more games since this picture)

Spoiler for big picture:

NES and SNES in the bedroom with the CRT TV because of the Retron 5. All the handheld games are in there, too. (This is also where the Sega CD and Saturn games are now because that shelf got full and I had to move something)
Can I come over and play with you? .-.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm very far from serious about it, but I'm collecting Genesis and old PC games.
It doesn't really seem that there's a very big "retro PC collecting" scene. I guess less people have nostalgia for PC.
I'm not even doing it for nostalgia, I grew up with SNES/N64.

I collect them because a lot of these old games are cool, and it's fun to find strange old games I didn't know about.
Like I got a game called NOX. I had no clue that this game existed.

Quote from: Nox (video game) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Developer(s) Westwood Studios
Publisher(s) Electronic Arts
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows
Release date(s) January 31, 2000
Genre(s) Action role-playing game
Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97

Spoiler for big picture:

Can I come over and play with you? .-.

Of course!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Pawn shops seem to be pretty good places to find stuff. Most of them have no idea what electronic stuff is worth.

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
^

I remember getting 007 (N64) at a local shop.

Anyway, What I USED to own was a Gameboy (Sp? not sure, Heck, i don't know if it was a gameboy COLOR.) and a N64.

I have a Wii (Wii U incoming!), PS3, Dreamcast, aaaaand that's pretty much it, actually...

Whelp that was short

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
yeah my collection is pretty puny too lol  I have a N64.. somewhere, a gamecube... somewhere, a wii and a ps3. I technically have access to an xbox one and a Nintendo DS.  Cause if you live in my house your stuff is fair game :mad:  Not really, but my son is really awesome and even buys games his mom likes so I can play them lol <3 

As far as games go I probably have more on steam than I do in my house xD 

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
pacdiggity has:
  • steam with 135 games, shared libraries with his friend josh who has over 700 (for some reason)
  • wiiu with like 6 games lol
  • xbox360 with way too many games (it red ringed and died tho :( and big brother took the replacement)
  • og xbox with games? (still works somehow)
  • PS1 with a collection of the best games ever
  • GBC with not an awful amount of games
  • US 3DS-XL with many games (most-played console)
  • AUS 3DS for games that are not made of freedom. it has dragonball stickers.

valuable / emotional vidya-related products pacdiggity's mum has thrown out for no fucking reason:
  • fuckin SEGA genesis
  • fuckin SNES
  • fuckin SEGA saturn
  • fuckin N64
she also deleted all me and my brothers' RPG Maker 2003 and XP games once. also a brother saved over my final fantasy 7 save when i was playing it in 2001 and i still resent him.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 91
Playstation (original) - 10 games + every OPSM demo disk
PS2 (slimline) - about 30 games
Gameboy Colour - 1 game
Gameboy Advance - 1 game
DSi - 3 games
Wii - about 10 games
XBox 360 - about 10 games

Sis has a PS4. I don't even use my 360 though really. Think the fuse went a while ago.

I'm not a very big gamer I guess.