RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Animal Crossing Soundfont

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

This is a pretty comprehensive collection. Most instruments should be there, though I might have missed some when weeding through all the unlabeled audio files from the Animal Forest ROM. All instruments ought to be in tune and should loop well.

I didn't include K.K. Slider voice samples as there's an existing soundfont for that, though I probably should have in hindsight

There are two formats: SF2 and EXS. SF2 is the "standard" soundfont format and works in a lot of things. EXS is a format used by Apple Logic Pro and really only works in Logic's EXS24 sampler with any ease. This was originally created exclusively for EXS24, but I ran it through an automatic converter to make the SF2 version so more people could use it. I can't guarantee that the SF2 version is up to par because I think a few are missing due to errors in the conversion process and because I haven't tested them all. I tested a few though and they seem to be good.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:45:26 PM by Irock »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
>99999 .sf2 files

You realise a soundfont is meant to be one .sf2 file, right? Like a font has glyphs for all the letters? Not A.ttf, B.ttf and so on.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yes. It was rather difficult to find free software that could convert them to .sf2. The software I did find saved each instrument separately. It has a "single unit" button, which I assume is intended to save it as you described, but it's not implemented.

I didn't really think much of it because .exs files represent individual instruments. I'm not sure what implications having the .sf2 instruments separated into individual files will have on other DAWs, but I assume this isn't a problem if the software you're using is worth a darn and lets you use multiple soundfonts. Now, you couldn't load this into a midi player and have it work properly, but if it were one file it wouldn't sound good anyway since it's not structured after general midi.