RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
University lyfe

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
After years of community college, I started going to an actual University today. This campus is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge and really breathtaking. :gracie:

The building for my major (arts and tech). It's home to many gamer nerds - designers, sound designers, and animators in the making. :tinysmile:

Our visitor center looks like a freaky space shuttle:

The entryway leading in/out of the campus:

From the other side:

Seeing this campus almost makes me feel better about all the money I'm going to have to pay back from going here. ;9
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Looks awesome but may be this is also the reason you'll have to pay such an high amount of money for visiting the university... :D
Here (in Germany) it's almost free to visit a university as long as you fulfil the requierements (GPA and/or internships etc).
But to be honest our campus ain't as half as cool as yours.
Also arts and tech sounds way more fun than  information technology. :p (I wouldn't trade it tho!)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:39:01 AM by Deity »
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Beautiful campus!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Looks awesome but may be this is also the reason you'll have to pay such an high amount of money for visiting the university... :D
Here (in Germany) it's almost free to visit a university as long as you fulfil the requierements (GPA and/or internships etc).
Also arts and tech sounds way more fun than  information technology. :p (I wouldn't trade it tho!)

Yeah...my state had a tendency to overspend on our campuses. o_o

My community college was pretty affordable, though. The classes are about $100 each. At this University, they are quite literally 10x that amount. I'm glad I decided to transfer. T_T

There are schools that are slightly more affordable in the area, but they far enough out where I'd have to live on campus and pay extra money for that anyways. My parents wanted me to stay at home to save on money while going to school. The commute is a good 20 minutes or so, but it's right down the road from Malson's house. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
woah, my university seems so much smaller / older / less cripplingly expensive

my commute is outrageous though so i've got that going for me
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The commute to my school would feel really awful if I didn't get to stop and see Malson after classes on the way home. B) We have way more opportunities to see each other now.

Also, here's a map of the entire campus: http://www.utdallas.edu/maps/

It's like a small town. o_o That building labeled "ATC" is pretty much the only building I'll have to enter (on occasion, I'll have classes in other buildings). If you scroll over them, it will show you pics too.

this school is 2much. I will never get used to this ._.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Nice architecture!

Are you complaining about a 20 minute commute? That's nothin

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, 20 minutes aint a commute. Try an hour ok
:tinysmile:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
It's an ez pz commute, and a lovely campus! You got this so hardcore!

I miss Malson, please flick him on the noise/punch him and tell him to post more/again ty xoxox

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nah, the 20 mins ain't too bad. It's annoying highway driving, and arguably more commute distance than I've ever done. I think it's only a little scary because I never used to drive on the highway, nor have I ever been to this town before Malson started living there recently (and now school).

I actually started one of my game design specific classes today to see my professor playing portal on the projector. We will have to play several games as homework throughout the semester - including (but not limited to) portal, dys4ia, and world of warcraft.

Also, one of the guys in class reminded me of Irock. :v

I miss Malson, please flick him on the noise/punch him and tell him to post more/again ty xoxox

Will do! B) He's on irc pretty regularly, he just never posts. D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Controlled-access highways are the safest types of roads :yuyu:

Rep:
Level 102
They just feel scary because you go FAST

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tru ._.

I was scurred at first but now I'm brave and all grown up B)))
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity

Yeah...my state had a tendency to overspend on our campuses. o_o

My community college was pretty affordable, though. The classes are about $100 each. At this University, they are quite literally 10x that amount. I'm glad I decided to transfer. T_T

There are schools that are slightly more affordable in the area, but they far enough out where I'd have to live on campus and pay extra money for that anyways. My parents wanted me to stay at home to save on money while going to school. The commute is a good 20 minutes or so, but it's right down the road from Malson's house. :)

I have to pay like 300$ every semester... :D
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have to pay like 300$ every semester... :D

I'm so jealous ;~; I wish I could pay that at UTD...

I just discovered that we have a humongous food court building with several restaurants and an area with about 6 pool tables and 4 table tennis tables. I might as well make the most of all the rad stuff here during my attendance. :gracie:

If only I had friends at my new school... Q_Q
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I might as well make the most of all the rad stuff here during my attendance. :gracie:
my uni has a giant amazing pool and gym

apparently

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Making new friends is the easiest thing at university I guess at least. :D
Since all people share the "goal" to find someone who will spend time with you while studying. :)
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
I don't think I would've liked to study on an isolated campus. City campuses all the way!

Rep:
Level 102
I don't think I would've liked to study on an isolated campus. City campuses all the way!
yeah

haha yuyu your campus sucks DICK hahaha loser

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's a Dallas university, so I don't think it's actually "isolated" by any means lol
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 29
Professional Sleeper
All I remember about my university life is booze and booze

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All I remember about my university life is booze and booze

Haha it seems that will not be my University life. ;o I've acquired a weird habit for obsessing over my homework and the quality of my work. For the first time ever, I'm completing assignments early and spending hours on projects.

I've never been this serious about school, but I might as well make the most of all the money we poured into this college. ;__;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
I've never been this serious about school, but I might as well make the most of all the money we poured into this college. ;__;

It will certainly pay off and be worth it.

The sad thing about getting government loans and grants for my studies meant I never really saw the money I was putting into my degree. Our repayment is also taken simply from our pre-tax earnings when we make over a certain amount per year, so you don't even see the money then. For me, it works out at about £60 per month (so I'll be paying this for a long while).

If it had been my money, I would have put in that extra effort to secure a first instead of just coming short with an upper second. I would probably have put more effort into making sure I was doing a course that was much more focused. General Computer Science means you do things you have no interest in as well as bits you do.

Still, good luck and work hard (but not too hard that you forget to have fun).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Looogan! Great to see you!! ^_^

If it had been my money, I would have put in that extra effort to secure a first instead of just coming short with an upper second. I would probably have put more effort into making sure I was doing a course that was much more focused. General Computer Science means you do things you have no interest in as well as bits you do.

It's sort of like a loan, only from my dad. :B I really didn't want to ask him to help with my Bachelor's because my new school is quite literally 10x the cost of the old one - so I almost went for Student Loans instead. My dad is paying for my tuition, but I swore I'd pay him back for it, because I feel so terrible about all the money he's putting into this. ;9 I think he sees it as an investment, though, since he keeps making jokes about how I can take care of him someday when he retires. :B

I also have to take some programming classes (luckily for non-CS majors). Right now I have a 4-hour night class that completely breaks my brain sometimes. x_x My professor is a really sweet guy, though! He knows I'm not confident in my programming abilities, and he has been really supportive and helps me along the way (and reminds me that I won't die and stuff). :D

Still, good luck and work hard (but not too hard that you forget to have fun).

But work IS fun! :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Looogan! Great to see you!! ^_^

Aye, I've been quite busy since... whenever the last time I was here happened to be. Moving, work, welcoming a daughter... keeps you occupied. But things are a little quieter for a while and, with MV coming into the picture, I figured it's a good time as any to get back into things.

It's good that you have some supportive people around to help out. Definitely don't be worried or afraid to ask for help, especially not from parents. I'm pretty sure your dad is happier that you asked for help even if that help is financial (least of all to invest in a better retirement home). And with the programming stuff, if you need a bit of extra help/pointers, I'm sure there are a few people around here who might be able to offer something - I happen to know of at least one person who does that for a living  ;)
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
welcoming a daughter

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Congrats!!! :gracie:

And with the programming stuff, if you need a bit of extra help/pointers, I'm sure there are a few people around here who might be able to offer something - I happen to know of at least one person who does that for a living  ;)

Will definitely have to take you guys up on that offer sometime! ;o I'm somehow staying afloat so far, but I think starting with C++ will make things a little challenging. I intend to take the intro course and then get into Java, since my focus is a little more graphical. I don't know why there was no intro course for Java, but for whatever reason I had to take basic C++ before anything else. D:

That being said, it's neat to see the similarities between programming C++ and RGSS3. :D We started working with inequalities and and/or/not stuff today - and I felt ~cool~ for recognizing them. 8)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]