RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker MV

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Ah yes, your long running game idea would probably fit perfectly with MV.
No wonder you are so happy :3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
My programming professor wants to get MV. He previously wanted to get into the gaming industry and make mobile games especially, so I recommended it to him. :D

I think he already knows JavaScript - yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, more scripters! :tpg:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Yay, more scripters :D
My favorite part about MV is all the old-time scripters coming at rpgmakerweb.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Is anyone willing to write up a page for this on Wikipedia?

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Lots of my questions were answered by that video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tlsnHP7iPY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tlsnHP7iPY</a>

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Preorders and an in-browser sample game now available

Wait. Wait wait wait.

You upload games and can play them in browser without having to download?

WHAaaaaaAT?

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
So, apparently there are some security concerns about HTML5 being used for that online sample game. This goes way over my head since I still use RM2K3 and I don't code, but here it is for people who have a clue:

Spoiler for:
Original post is here: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/18539/?post=679216#post679216

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
Oh, wow, I'm late to the party! 3-layer was removed? (Hah i stuck to XP.) [I'd actually like 4 layers idkaug]

Side view and rtp looks great, I guess I'm excited!
...But I guess scripts need to be rewritten...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Oh? A possible english and japanese release at the same time?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
No. That's a good thing.
Good things never happen.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
m a n

I don't have a steady source of income but totally considering pre-ordering this ;~;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Third layer was removed? Where did you hear that?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It wasn't removed, it's just not directly editable I guess? They used the term "automatic". It's probably like VXA's system, but with the ability to layer things over B-E tiles, instead of just layering over A

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
You just click, apparently.

EDIT: Types revealed. Just the types list, but slightly better since there's now different equipment types.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:09:29 AM by Wiimeiser »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN BATTLER!

I'm going to cave and pre-order this thing soon.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:14:46 PM by bluntsword »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I need to get the money to pre-order this darn thing. :mad:

I also wanted to save up for a few games at some point (like Bastion and eventually Arkham Knight). ;_;

2 many games

2 little moneys
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Oh, it comes out on the 23rd btw.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Oh, it comes out on the 23rd btw.

Of like, February?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
WOW

Same day as my Game Jam. Maybe it's a sign??

............pre-ordered

bye, bye money ;-;

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:42:52 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ladies and gentlemen,

we now have an empty board dedicated to MV, which will hopefully not be empty for much longer!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:42:46 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Ladies and gentlemen,

I pre-ordered.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
It's 23rd october. ;)
And can be pre-ordered here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/363890/?snr=1_7_15__13

I'm not sure if I go with MV or GG Maker. Can only afford one, so I need to decide. :D
But it looks more interresting for professional game making in my oppinion. ;)
But I will try out the free trail, when it's out. :) (\s/)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm getting ready to play the long game.
Pirate now, buy it when I can get it for a dollar or less.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I wait, until it get's at least 50% off. :)
I sadly missed the GG Maker a few days ago, because I didn't had money...
Else I probably ended up buying both... :/ (\s/)