RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game in a Week XIV: THE GENRE GRINDER'S REVENGE

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Text-Adventure Game
1st Week Starting
Time-Zone -6 Central America

:tpg:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Also, Little Psycho starts midnight GMT+2.

Rep:
Level 83
Anyone fancy doing this in a wee team (if we're allowed to?)
Would quite like to get into this again, but have been really working art more than anything lately since college has just finished, would want to focus on that, but happy to help out in all other regards too...except scripting o_o

Don't know if I have time to get a decent one done myself though, can definitely have a think about it if no one else wants to~

I'm interested in Team Wee if you'd like to take over battles.  I wasn't planning on having battles at all since I know I wouldn't have time to program them on top of other cool gameplay.  Or if you'd just like to add spriting, portrait, or title screen flair.  I'm using RM2K (totally outdated but still AWESOME!), so I don't know if that works for you.  PM me if you want to brainstorm any of these!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Oh

I forgot to say I'm not making my game in rm, but instead a program meant for text adventures

It exports to all os's through a program reader

If this disqualifies me

Well I don't really care
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If this disqualifies me

I don't think there's a rule against using non-RM. I'll like ask Aco or something.
If there is we'll change the rules.

Well I don't really care

I do. ;-;
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 83

Well I don't really care

I do. ;-;

Boe is such a studly chaotic-good knight in shinning armor.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
More like a knight in white satin
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 83
He never reaches the end...

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
RMRK Junior
Hi everyone,
got informed about the contest by a buddy over at the RPG Maker forums, decided to come along seeing how far away IGMC is.
Anyway, I'm free and I'd love to participate, been too long since I actually finished a game.

Just had one question, just because I choose horror doesn't mean it has to be Amnesia / Outlast horror, where you run away and hide right? I'm more into horror where you can actually fight back, so I'd be more interested in an RPG Horror game. I'm guessing that's permitted given the flexibility, but it never hurts to ask, ''better safe than sorry.'' ;)

Anyway, here's my entry...

Normal Mode - 2. Horror Sorry, Mystery sounds more fitting with just a little bit of horror thrown into the mix.
(Monday) Start June 15th 12:00 AM - Finish June 21th 11:59 PM
Time Zone: Central European Summer time, +2 hours.

Looking forward to it. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:22:10 PM by CrazyCrab »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
If this disqualifies me

I don't think there's a rule against using non-RM. I'll like ask Aco or something.
If there is we'll change the rules.

Well I don't really care

I do. ;-;

Since it's in normal mode, and fairly easy to do in RPG Maker anyway, I'll allow it.

Rep:
Level 34
Miscalculations
I might give it a try. c:
  • Normal Mode - Humor
  • (Mon) 6/15th - 6/21th [GMT +2]
lel~

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'm interested in Team Wee if you'd like to take over battles.  I wasn't planning on having battles at all since I know I wouldn't have time to program them on top of other cool gameplay.  Or if you'd just like to add spriting, portrait, or title screen flair.  I'm using RM2K (totally outdated but still AWESOME!), so I don't know if that works for you.  PM me if you want to brainstorm any of these!

Aye, sounds good. Don't need to do battles if you don't want; you sound like you already have an idea/plan set out, I'm not here to mess with that, I wanna do some art right now! Can look into the eventing and that if you want as well, has been a while since I've used RM2K but I'm sure it'll come back to me :)

I can't start this weekend, as I've got my college exhibition tomorrow and plans over the weekend. Can probably start any time after that though, as I'm totally free next week. Also, if you're game for it, I've got a friend who might be wanting to help out in an effort to learn the software and some game development fun :)

PM me or something, let me know your thoughts/plans? I haven't checked page1 yet, have you already signed up for a genre? x

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
CrazyCrab and Mekusom, come on Down! You're the Next Contestants in "The Game in a Week!"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Wow, this thing really picked up! O_O Yay, mod emails? Or other things??
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
One Bluntsword GIAW entry, to go.

Mystery
Starting June 20th

Woot

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Bluntsword AND Sophist? This gunna b good
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
I'm gonna have to shift my start date to the 20th.  I forgot I have a major test on the 18th.

Rep:
Level 96

Welcome aboard Mr. Swag. Could I get your offset?

I'm gonna have to shift my start date to the 20th.  I forgot I have a major test on the 18th.

Ok. You're date has been moved. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
RMRK Junior
Just a quick heads-up, I changed my topic to ''Mystery'' as I feel like it fits my idea a bit better.

I'm not sure if I can scare people all that well, but being mysterious on the other hand...
I guess a little bit of horror goes perfectly well with mystery.

Rep:
Level 96
Changed.

Also, [/LIST] has been eliminated.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Changed.

Also, [/LIST] has been eliminated.

HOW? Every time I remove those annoying [/list] things, they come back. ;9
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)
    GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
    Could I move my start date to Sunday the 14th instead? So much free time has suddenly appeared.

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
    GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Welcome aboard Mr. Swag. Could I get your offset?

Uhhhh, I'm not good at these. Central time zone please.

Ok. You're date has been moved. :)