RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game in a Week XIV: THE GENRE GRINDER'S REVENGE

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

THE RESULTS

THIRD PLACE

Spoiler for:
Normal Mode:

Far from Home
by Netol

Hard Mode:

My True Love
by Ekima

SECOND PLACE

Spoiler for:
Normal Mode:

God Save the Queen
by Bluntsword

Hard Mode:

Endmemoria
by Boe

And, finally...

FIRST PLACE

Spoiler for:
Normal Mode:

Voz
by Exhydra

Hard Mode:

IT'S A TIE!
Lost Cause
by TopsyKrett

AND

Grace of Vil

by Hiromu

ALL SCORES

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for Normal Mode:
Rank| Game Title| Entrant| Genre| Score
1.| Voz| Exhydra| Horror| 7.58
2.| God Save the Queen| Bluntsword| Mystery| 6.33
3.| Far From Home| Netol| Horror| 5.83
4.| Ni Sekai| Gamer Luna| Romance| 4.58
5.| B.U.T.T.O.N.| Little Psycho| Humor| 4.49
6.| The Sickness| ZaMullet| Drama| 4.25

Spoiler for Hard Mode:
Rank| Game Title| Entrant| Genre| Score
1.| Lost Cause| TopsyKrett| Dungeon Crawler| 6.66
| Grace of Vil| Hiromu| Dungeon Crawler| 6.66
3.| Endmemoria| Boe| Point-and-Click| 6.5
4.| My True Love| Ekima| Dating Sim| 5.16
5.| Skyless| Lonefoxlaughing| Arcade| 3.08

DETAILED SCORES

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for Normal Mode:
Rank| Creator| Polish| Playability| Ingenuity| Entertain| Overall
1.| Exhydra| 8.67| 4.67| 9| 8| 7.58
2.| Bluntsword| 7.33| 5.67| 6.33| 6| 6.33
3.| Netol| 7.33| 5.67| 6.33| 6| 5.83
4.|Gamer Luna| 6| 3.67| 5| 3.67| 4.58
5.| Little Psycho| 4.3| 5.67| 3.33| 4.66| 4.49
6.| ZaMullet| 4| 5| 3.67| 4.33| 4.25

Spoiler for Hard Mode:
Rank| Creator| Polish| Playability| Ingenuity| Entertain| Overall
1.| TopsyKrett| 8.33| 5.67| 6.33| 6.33| 6.66
| Hiromu| 8.33| 6.67| 5.33| 6.33| 6.66
3.| Boe| 7| 6.67| 7| 5.33| 6.5
4.| Ekima| 5.67| 5.33| 5| 4.67| 5.16
5.| Lonefoxlaughing| 3.33| 3.67| 2.67| 2.67| 3.08

Spoiler for Original Post:
Introduction

After much discussion and planning, we've decided to let this one hit the light. In other words, GIAW XIV IS HERE! This time, we're going with what we call a "Genre Grinder Challenge". You may remember how this goes from the first one we tried. During this contest, you can actually choose to compete in either "normal mode" or "hard mode". I invite you to read on and learn more about the contest!~ :yuyu:

The Genres

Spoiler for:
First, choose if you'd like to compete in normal mode or hard mode. You may then choose what genre you'd like to make your game, but it *must* be selected from the lists below. The original idea was for the genres to be randomly given to you, but we decided to hold off on that. Yet, you still have the option of receiving a random genre. You only need to let us know to "randomize" you, if you're looking for an extra challenge!

Normal Mode
Note: For normal mode, the game allows a lot of flexibility. However, your game must exhibit a general atmosphere of your selected genre. You will be judged on how well your game displays that genre.

Spoiler for:
1. Humor
The point of a humor game is to make your players laugh. So, that's the simple goal here - to make a funny game!

2. Horror
With this genre, the point is to scare your players. You have to make your game creepy and all that horrific stuff.

3. Romance
The goal here is to make your players feel loved. No, just kidding. If you don't know what romance is, than you're a robot. B(

4. Drama
The emphasis is to make an emotionally moving game, with a focus on making the player feel a certain way while playing your game. This is not to be confused with the "Romance" genre. A good example of this would be To The Moon. The game can range from gloomy to heartwarming.

5. Mystery
This genre would have an emphasis on suspense, discovery, and all that fun mystery stuff. Think of keeping your players thinking - just like a good crime-solving detective game. Or you can get creative with it. The goal here is to make your players feel like they are solving a mystery, so to speak.

6. Text Adventure Game
This is a weird genre, but it's really easy to make. It takes a LOT of writing to make it successful, though. All you really have to do is make the whole game run through pictures and text.

Hard Mode
More credit goes to Zylos, for the wonderful examples!

Spoiler for:
1. Point-And-Click Adventure
Examples:
    King's Quest - Very simple to make, just have the player follow the mouse click to the destination. That's what most existing mouse scripts do already. If you're clever about it, you can even have the mouse also be what examines the environment by cycling between "walk here" and "examine this" type cursors.
    Myst - If you're good at drawing or know where to find decent background drops, you can use the mouse system for something like a first person perspective by clicking on points of interest on the picture and activating an event for it.

2. Arcade
Examples:
    Pong - I think a number of people have already made this before. Very straight forward, you just have to brush up a bit on your basic math and physics.
    Frogger - Perhaps one of the easiest arcade-like games to make. Just have a frog try to cross the map, and if any event-touch events get triggered... squish.

3. Puzzle
Examples:
    Columns - Not an easy game to make but very possible. You have a trio of events fall down the screen, and can switch the order/position of them while the first one is still moving. Then you cross check to see if any of the events match up three in a row.
    Professor Layton - Technically, the whole of the series can be listed as puzzle adventure games, due to the core of the game revolving around you solving logic puzzles and such. Sounds like an easy thing to shoot for for this category!

4. Dungeon Crawler
Examples:
    Diablo - Admittedly I barely remember playing this with Zeich, but it should be an easy thing to try to imitate in RPG Maker. Multi-leveled dungeon with legions of enemies for you to fight, sounds like a dungeon crawler to me.
    Dark Cloud - You're in a dungeon with ever floor like a maze, and you have to find that ONE enemy among dozens on that floor that has the key you need in order to proceed to the next floor. Sounds simple to do, and yet incredibly fun to play!

5. Stealth
Examples:
    MGS - The Acostrike team already made something like this, so stealth is definitely a possibility to make. You check to see if the player is in a certain location compared to the enemy and if the enemy is facing your way, and if they're visible... game over.
    Thief - Anyone remember this old computer game? With VXA, I imagine it's a little easier due to their region tiles, so you can determine which places are darker and which ones are not. If you're too visible in the light, you'll have enemies on your tail to deal with.

6. Minigame/Carnival
Examples:
    Sonic Shuffle / Mario Party - It's fairly straight forward. You have a main game and main story, and you keep score with dozens of bizarrely random minigames to play and have fun with. Only difficulty I foresee is AI, but that's part of the challenge!
    Warioware - Honestly, this is the genre I'm hoping to get simply so that I can make a super fast spree of microgame madness. Just lots of little minigames that take mere seconds, back to back in a fun manner. Easy!

7. Dating Sim
Examples:
    Harvest Moon - Though its full of a lot of things, Harvest Moon is the most common example I can think of. Pretty much, the goal of the game is to make other characters fall in love with you, marry them, and whatnot. Once again, you can feel free to get creative with it. Oh, but there IS a catch that makes this a little more challenging. It's very text-based, so you'd have to be sure that you're talented with writing.

Contest Dates

Spoiler for:
You will have one week to complete the game (or demo). HOWEVER, this is going to be a flexible week. Meaning: you can choose your start-up date. If you do not provide a start-up date, you will be expected to start on the default date, (Sunday) June 14th. Here's the options for starting/ending dates:

(Sunday) Start June 14th 12:00 AM - Finish June 20th 11:59 PM
(Monday) Start June 15th 12:00 AM - Finish June 21th 11:59 PM
(Tuesday) Start June 16th 12:00 AM - Finish June 22th 11:59 PM
(Wednesday) Start June 17th 12:00 AM - Finish June 23th 11:59 PM
(Thursday) Start June 18th 12:00 AM - Finish June 24th 11:59 PM
(Friday) Start June 19th 12:00 AM - Finish June 25th 11:59 PM
(Saturday) Start June 20th 12:00 AM - Finish June 26th 11:59 PM

*BE SURE TO TELL ME YOUR TIME ZONE!

Example: Say, I'm starting/ending on (Sunday) June 14th. That means I'd submit my project before 12AM on the 20th. To be safe, in this example, submit it by (Saturday) June 19th at 11:59PM. Make sense? :)

*Note: You can sign up for the contest late, if you wish. The latest recommended time to sign up is (Saturday) June 20th. If you sign up any later than June 20th, your project will be due on (Saturday) June 26th This means that you will have less time to work on your project.

*The judging period will START (Sunday) June 28th, and will last approximately two weeks, and is subject to change.

What to do when you complete your project:
Send me (acolyte) a private message with the download link to your project. You are responsible for uploading the project. After I receive your project, I will distribute a copy of it to each judge. We would prefer that you send your copy unencrypted. If you do encrypt it, do so at your own risk. That means that the judges will not be able to remove any bugs that hinder the gameplay.

Rules & Information

Spoiler for:
We meow have a general rules/FAQ list for contests. Hopefully, it's easier to navigate and includes all the information necessary.

Click here for contest Rules & FAQ!

Additional Notes and Reminders:

• Remember that we are doing a "flexible" contest week, so you will have differing starting times from everyone else. Be sure that you don't start until YOUR start day.
  • You will also have differing ending dates, so be sure that you're submitting your project at midnight (your time) on your specific ending date.

Scoring Guidelines

Spoiler for:
  • Polish (visuals and audio)
  • Playability (gameplay and general mechanics)
  • Ingenuity (originality and story)
  • Entertainment (the fun factor)

Awards

Spoiler for:
T.B.A.

• First Place (Normal)
  • Second Place (Normal)
  • Third Place (Normal)
  • First Place (Hard)
  • Second Place (Hard)
  • Third Place (Hard)
  • GIAW Completion Award: Awarded for submitting a game, regardless of placement.

Participants:

Spoiler for:
Anyone can participate, really. Well, obviously you'd have to be a member of the forum but, I digress.

Here's a list of everyone who's going to participate, and what their start dates are:

Total: 21
Submitted Games:11
Withdrawn/Disqualified Games:10

NORMAL MODE:
  • bluntsword - Mystery -(Sun) 6/20th - 6/26 [CT]
  • CrazyCrab - Mystery -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [CEST]
  • Team ChezSandwiches - Text Adventure -(Sat) 6/20th - 6/26 [PST]
  • Team Kodi - Humor -(Sat) 6/20th - 6/26 [UCT]
  • Little Psycho - Humor -(Thurs) 6/11th - 6/17 [GMT+2]
  • Mekuso - Humor -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [GMT +2]
  • Zamullet - Drama -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [GMT+2]
  • exhydra - Horror -(Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [PST]
  • Netol - Horror -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [EST]
  • Sophist - Text-Adventure Game -(Sun) 6/20th - 6/26th [GMT]
  • Gamer Luna - Romance -(Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [GMT+2]
  • It could be you!
HARD MODE:
  • boe - Point-And-Click Adventure - (Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [PST]
  • joy - Point-And-Click Adventure -(Mon) 6/20th - 6/26 [GMT -4]
  • "Team ChugaChuga" (Yuyu & Dr.MC) - Dating Sim - (Fri) 6/19 - 6/26 [CST]
  • Ekima - Dating Sim - (Sat) 6/18 - 6/24 [CEST](+2)
  • Hiromu - Dungeon Crawler - (Sun) 6/14 - 6/20 [CST]
  • delyemerald2 - Stealth - (Thurs) 6/18 - 6/24 [GMT+2]
  • flapbat - Puzzle - (Mon) 6/20 - 6/26 [PST]
  • TopsyKrett - Dungeon Crawler - (Wed)17th-23rd [EST]
  • h0m3r0w - Puzzle - (Fri) 6/19 - 6/25 [CST]
  • lonefoxlaughing - Arcade - (Sat) 6/20 - 6/26 [EDT]
  • It could be you!

Judges:

Spoiler for:
The rules of the judges remains the same as always. However, we have the right to decline judge applicants, due to past issues with judges dropping out. We want to make sure that we can trust our judges. There will only be a maximum of 5 judges, as usual.
  • IAMFORTE
  • PhoenixFire
  • Countdown
  • Legacy

When Signing Up...

It's a lot of text, so I'll do this as a reminder. Tell me these 3 things when you sign up:

1. What genre you've picked (see "Genres")
2. What day you'd like to start (see "Contest Dates")
3. What your time offset is (see "Contest Dates")
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:50:08 AM by strike »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Point-And-Click Adventure
(Sunday) Start June 14th 12:00 AM - Finish June 20th 11:59 PM
-1 offset
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I'll go ahead and toss my name in the hat, because I never got to do this last time (due to hosting). ;9 I'll be taking classes by this time, but why not at least give it a try? ;o

Team: "Team ChugaChuga" ~ Me & DrMcChickenNuggets
Genre: Hard Mode: Dating Sim
Timezone: CST
Start day: Friday, June 19th

do u like my team name
i just thought of that lol!!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I will toss my name in for judging

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I will toss my name in for judging

As will I, since the hosting position was usurped from under me =p
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Participant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Ugh ... what to do, what to do. I am going to enter, but I am not sure exactly what genre yet.

Also, I don't think any emails went out for notification.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I went ahead and send out a very humble email notification to everyone. It should take a bit for us all to get them. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I added in the judges and cleaned up the thread a little :) sorry, the thread looking so wonky was probably my fault, from when I copy pasted the template ;_; Feel free to change anything you don't like, I pretty much just edited the participants section and stuff ~
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Artistic Dreamer
GIAW 14: 3rd Place (Hard Mode)
1. Genre: Dating Sim
2. Start day: Saturday, June 20th
3. Offset: GMT +2

^.^ (About time I challenge myself a little)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:45:02 PM by Ekima »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I changed up the time offset wording a bit, because it was making me hella confused. Everyone can just tell me their time zone and I'll figure it out from there.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
This is exciting. I want to participate.

I may.

But let me grind it over a bit.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
so I'm guessing you all loved my edgy email? purrfect B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
so edgy, it ended up in the sewers section of my email :mad:

...spam ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 87
I haven't played many dating sims and I've never tried to make one.

LETS DO THIS!

Hardmode: Dating Sim
Starting the 14th 12:00 AM PST (pacific)

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
More like Dating Sim in a week.
I'm the odd man out. :3

Spoiler for:
Also why can't I edit op? Stop oppressing me! >:(
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
I can judge if you need an extra one.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
I think I'll also make a game, exempt from and awards of course.. Can't have a judge officially enter now can we? lolz.. I think I'll try my hand at a dating sim too, since I've never tried one, and ill start on it this coming Wednesday. Eastern time zone.

Rep:
Level 87
Eh, The more I dive into the Dating Sim genre, the less I want to do it. Is it alright if I switch it to Normal Mode Mystery?

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Dungeon Crawler
Starting June 20th. Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)

Hopefully I'm not busy then :O

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Apparently love is in the air. :o
OP has been updated.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:15:29 PM by Acolyte »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wanted to make a Dating Sim before it was cool :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 37
RMRK Junior
I...am incredibly nervous to be honest. This will be my first contest. Also, since this genre is before my time, I'm a bit nervous. I'm determined, however, to do a great job and show something I can be proud of.

With all of that said:
1. Text Adventure (Easy of course lol)
2. June 20th start date
3.-4

**also! I'll be working with a team! Team ChezSandwiches
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:28:29 AM by Chez »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Naaah, don't be nervous. :-) We don't bite!

Also, we've probably seen the worst there is already by this point! ;)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Ohhh Finally!!! Been waiting for this years GIAW. I had been in two of those so far and each year had tons of fun.  :) Definitely joining this year's one too! Gotta get a better place this year though.

Team: "Team Kodi" (Just me)
Genre: Normal Mode (Humor)
Timezone: (UCT)
Start Day: Saturday, June 20th

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Any way I'd like to enter but it would always at least give me 2 days less to finish :(

If I were to enter I wish I could start 11th and end 17th of June!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:33:31 AM by Little Psycho »

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 83
Count me in as well!

Genre: Hard mode (Stealth)
Timezone: CEST (GMT+2)
start day: Thursday, June 18th

Rep:
Level 96
welcome aboard
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Any way I'd like to enter but it would always at least give me 2 days less to finish :(

I'll allow it.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=

I'll allow it.
Yaaaaay, I love you Aco!!!
Then I'm GMT+2 and I want to do a humor game :)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 96
Welcome to GIAW :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
Easy game (Drama)
Time Zone GMT+2

Rep:
Level 96
Ok, welcome to the good ship SS RMRK.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
Are there limitations on the rating?
Because I was thinking about a violent game with, probably some erotic. (\s/)

Rep:
Level 96
Sorry, but after talking about it for a bit we've decided that we can not allow erotic games into the GIAW.
Don't let that discourage you, if you still want to make a non-erotic game you're free to join. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Okay..I think I can make something work. I'm in.

Point and click
M Start June 15th  - Finish June 21th
EST GMT -4

Rep:
Level 96
may the odds be ever in your favor
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Looks like we're getting a pretty great turnout so far. :D

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Participant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Alright, I suppose I should stop procrastinating. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get everything finished.

1. Normal Mode : Horror
2. Start Time : Sunday, June 14th
3. Time Offset : PST (UTC−8:00)

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 96
toot tooooot
welcome to the game in a week train
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 32
RMRK Junior
GIAW 14: 3rd Place (Easy Mode)
I'd Like to join!

Genre: Normal Mode: Horror
Timezone: Eastern Time
Start day: Monday, June 15

Rep:
Level 96
You have chosen 2, enter the contest.
Thank you for choosing RMRK GIAW, have a nice trip.

By the by, we're a little low on judges.
If anybody that wasn't planning on entering would like to be a judge, that would be great. :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:07:46 AM by boe? »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
You have chosen 2, enter the contest.
Thank you for choosing RMRK GIAW, have a nice trip.

By the by, we're a little low on judges.
If anybody that wasn't planning on entering would like to be a judge, that would be great. :)

Honestly, I'm doing a lot of playtesting of my big project game right now, so I think I might just drop and judge instead. Lot of working coming up for some people visiting me soon anyways.

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 83
Yay GIAW!

As usual though, I'm a bit confused about being able to use resources you've already created but not creating them specifically for the challenge.  Example: if I've created a day/night script or event for another game, can I copy and paste that to my GIAW? 

Either way, I'm in!  Puzzle Game for me (but still an RPG/Adventure too).
Start: June 15
Time Zone:  Pacific Standard

Rep:
Level 96
you are meow in the running
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Text-Adventure Game
1st Week Starting
Time-Zone -6 Central America
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
honk honk meow meow
youre in neow
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Anyone fancy doing this in a wee team (if we're allowed to?)
Would quite like to get into this again, but have been really working art more than anything lately since college has just finished, would want to focus on that, but happy to help out in all other regards too...except scripting o_o

Don't know if I have time to get a decent one done myself though, can definitely have a think about it if no one else wants to~

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Text-Adventure Game
1st Week Starting
Time-Zone -6 Central America

:tpg:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Also, Little Psycho starts midnight GMT+2.

Rep:
Level 83
Anyone fancy doing this in a wee team (if we're allowed to?)
Would quite like to get into this again, but have been really working art more than anything lately since college has just finished, would want to focus on that, but happy to help out in all other regards too...except scripting o_o

Don't know if I have time to get a decent one done myself though, can definitely have a think about it if no one else wants to~

I'm interested in Team Wee if you'd like to take over battles.  I wasn't planning on having battles at all since I know I wouldn't have time to program them on top of other cool gameplay.  Or if you'd just like to add spriting, portrait, or title screen flair.  I'm using RM2K (totally outdated but still AWESOME!), so I don't know if that works for you.  PM me if you want to brainstorm any of these!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Oh

I forgot to say I'm not making my game in rm, but instead a program meant for text adventures

It exports to all os's through a program reader

If this disqualifies me

Well I don't really care

Rep:
Level 96
If this disqualifies me

I don't think there's a rule against using non-RM. I'll like ask Aco or something.
If there is we'll change the rules.

Well I don't really care

I do. ;-;
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 83

Well I don't really care

I do. ;-;

Boe is such a studly chaotic-good knight in shinning armor.

Rep:
Level 98
More like a knight in white satin

Rep:
Level 83
He never reaches the end...

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
RMRK Junior
Hi everyone,
got informed about the contest by a buddy over at the RPG Maker forums, decided to come along seeing how far away IGMC is.
Anyway, I'm free and I'd love to participate, been too long since I actually finished a game.

Just had one question, just because I choose horror doesn't mean it has to be Amnesia / Outlast horror, where you run away and hide right? I'm more into horror where you can actually fight back, so I'd be more interested in an RPG Horror game. I'm guessing that's permitted given the flexibility, but it never hurts to ask, ''better safe than sorry.'' ;)

Anyway, here's my entry...

Normal Mode - 2. Horror Sorry, Mystery sounds more fitting with just a little bit of horror thrown into the mix.
Time Zone: Central European Summer time, +2 hours.

Looking forward to it. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:22:10 PM by CrazyCrab »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
If this disqualifies me

I don't think there's a rule against using non-RM. I'll like ask Aco or something.
If there is we'll change the rules.

Well I don't really care

I do. ;-;

Since it's in normal mode, and fairly easy to do in RPG Maker anyway, I'll allow it.

Rep:
Level 34
Miscalculations
I might give it a try. c:
  • Normal Mode - Humor
  • (Mon) 6/15th - 6/21th [GMT +2]
lel~

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'm interested in Team Wee if you'd like to take over battles.  I wasn't planning on having battles at all since I know I wouldn't have time to program them on top of other cool gameplay.  Or if you'd just like to add spriting, portrait, or title screen flair.  I'm using RM2K (totally outdated but still AWESOME!), so I don't know if that works for you.  PM me if you want to brainstorm any of these!

Aye, sounds good. Don't need to do battles if you don't want; you sound like you already have an idea/plan set out, I'm not here to mess with that, I wanna do some art right now! Can look into the eventing and that if you want as well, has been a while since I've used RM2K but I'm sure it'll come back to me :)

I can't start this weekend, as I've got my college exhibition tomorrow and plans over the weekend. Can probably start any time after that though, as I'm totally free next week. Also, if you're game for it, I've got a friend who might be wanting to help out in an effort to learn the software and some game development fun :)

PM me or something, let me know your thoughts/plans? I haven't checked page1 yet, have you already signed up for a genre? x

Rep:
Level 96
CrazyCrab and Mekusom, come on Down! You're the Next Contestants in "The Game in a Week!"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow, this thing really picked up! O_O Yay, mod emails? Or other things??
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
One Bluntsword GIAW entry, to go.

Mystery
Starting June 20th

Woot

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bluntsword AND Sophist? This gunna b good
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
I'm gonna have to shift my start date to the 20th.  I forgot I have a major test on the 18th.

Rep:
Level 96

Welcome aboard Mr. Swag. Could I get your offset?

I'm gonna have to shift my start date to the 20th.  I forgot I have a major test on the 18th.

Ok. You're date has been moved. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Junior
Just a quick heads-up, I changed my topic to ''Mystery'' as I feel like it fits my idea a bit better.

I'm not sure if I can scare people all that well, but being mysterious on the other hand...
I guess a little bit of horror goes perfectly well with mystery.

Rep:
Level 96
Changed.

Also, [/LIST] has been eliminated.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Changed.

Also, [/LIST] has been eliminated.

HOW? Every time I remove those annoying [/list] things, they come back. ;9
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)
    Could I move my start date to Sunday the 14th instead? So much free time has suddenly appeared.

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72

Welcome aboard Mr. Swag. Could I get your offset?

Uhhhh, I'm not good at these. Central time zone please.

Ok. You're date has been moved. :)

Rep:
    Level 96
    Why did you edit what I said? ;-;
    I don't get it.

Edit: Were you saying that? I'll set your offset to CT.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:13:08 PM by boe? »
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 43
    I actually don't know how it will turn out, but I'm in. :)

Genre:         Normal Mode / Romance
    Timezone:    GTC+2 (GMT+2)
    Start:          14th.June 12:00 AM

Let's hope it isn't the lowest score again. :D (\s/)

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Why did you edit what I said? ;-;
    I don't get it.

Edit: Were you saying that? I'll set your offset to CT.

Yes. I accidentally typed in the wrong spot. Doh!

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I actually don't know how it will turn out, but I'm in. :)

Let's hope it isn't the lowest score again. :D (\s/)

Not erotic, right? o_o
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 72
    2014 Best Topic
    Well, I mean, as a judge, and therefore being one that judges games, and since I was never asked anyways, I'll just pop my I requested response in here... I really don't care the content of a game. A game is a game. As a judge I accept whatever comes my way. That's part of judging fames; I'm not going to tell someone that they can't be creative however they want to be... That being said, idlf people want to make games that they want someone to look at, but can't enter here for "reasons" send them over to me anyways and ill give feedback, of course, the regulated entries take priority so it may take a little longer on said feedback, and a I doubt my rant will suddenly allow ALL games to be allowed...

Yeah, thats all, carry on with the signups...

Rep:
    Level 98
    Well, I mean, as a judge, and therefore being one that judges games, and since I was never asked anyways, I'll just pop my I requested response in here... I really don't care the content of a game. A game is a game. As a judge I accept whatever comes my way. That's part of judging fames; I'm not going to tell someone that they can't be creative however they want to be... That being said, idlf people want to make games that they want someone to look at, but can't enter here for "reasons" send them over to me anyways and ill give feedback, of course, the regulated entries take priority so it may take a little longer on said feedback, and a I doubt my rant will suddenly allow ALL games to be allowed...

Yeah, thats all, carry on with the signups...

I believe it is more that since all the judges must play every game, it wouldn't be fair to force them to play a game about extreme taboo subjects or whatever erotica you can think of. I think the only way we would allow an erotic game is if all of the judges were in agreement that it was ok, and even then it's still kinda sketchy.

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    As a judge I accept whatever comes my way. That's part of judging fames; I'm not going to tell someone that they can't be creative however they want to be... That being said, idlf people want to make games that they want someone to look at, but can't enter here for "reasons" send them over to me anyways and ill give feedback, of course, the regulated entries take priority so it may take a little longer on said feedback, and a I doubt my rant will suddenly allow ALL games to be allowed...

Uhhh... These "reasons" for not allowing that content are expressed for a very good reason. The idea of forcing people to play weird shit because it's their "sworn duty as a judge" is ridiculous -- and I find it insulting to insinuate that it's part of the "judging games" process and people should just put up with hard core material.

I also don't think telling someone to not make an erotic game stunts creativity; I like to think it promotes decency. Saying that a work of "creativity" shouldn't be limited in this situation is akin to painting an erotic picture, selecting 5 random (volunteering) strangers of varying ages and values, and shoving it in their faces. MLP PORN!! LO!! You just got prank !! THNX 4 VOLUNTEERING!!

Just to be clear, I don't care if people want to make erotic, violent, weird games and post them on the forums. Just don't force people to experience the full force of your fetishes because they swore an oath to endure any game as an honorable GIAW judge.
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
    Rep:
    Level 92
    a slave obeys
    Project of the Month winner for April 2008
    Erotic games are simply there to target that one audience, and simply are meant for that "One thing" we all know what it's for and what type of audience it's meant for and would bite the bait. Also, The judges wouldn't be the only ones affected, the creator would also be affected, as it would be frowned upon and since it'll make people feel uncomfortable as you can see, you should realize that it would get a low score and criticism that could affect the creator's mood and even motivation on future projects. Both parties would be affected.

Also; you don't need to have an erotic scene of a women getting raped graphically to tell the story when you could have her shown been tied and beaten up with tattered cloths, leaving the 'details but letting know it happened without been graphic about it works even better and without having to make one sit down uncomfortably playing it. Adding the details simply is there to "Sell-out" to people who has that kind of 'fetish'. But that's my opinion about it.

Rep:
    Level 87
    Can you switch me to judge on the main page? I'm still listed as a person making an easy mode mystery game.

Rep:
    Level 96
    I kept you there because you didn't sound sure.
    You've now been switched over. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 43
    Not erotic, right? o_o

No just romance, nothing more. :D
    I watched through all the participants and nobody picked, so I will try to make one. ;)
    Even I'm somewhat sure it's a try. :D (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    No just romance, nothing more. :D
    I watched through all the participants and nobody picked, so I will try to make one. ;)
    Even I'm somewhat sure it's a try. :D (\s/)

Right on! Thank you for clarifying that! :)

Going with your earlier "I hope I don't get last place" statement, I would just like to remind you and everyone that entering these contests is always worth a try. At the very least, you learn a lot from this experience. :)
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 43
    Right on! Thank you for clarifying that! :)

Going with your earlier "I hope I don't get last place" statement, I would just like to remind you and everyone that entering these contests is always worth a try. At the very least, you learn a lot from this experience. :)
    If I asked first if I'm allowed for erotic and it said no, then I accept that. :D

That's right, even I do terrible, I would still learn some stuff from the contest. ;) (\s/)

*EDIT*
    One little question, am I allowed to do YouTube videos or Livestream the project I'm working on? /)
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:32:21 PM by Gamer Luna »

RMRK Junior
    Hi, I was just wondering, are there any prizes? Haven't noticed anything about that in the main post. The section is still empty, 1st time participant. ^^'

If not, then I have a bunch of Steam game keys (overlapping bundles, games that I already game, games that I'm not interested in and came with the bundle...) that I'm more than happy to chip in with. :) Could be a nice addon I guess.

They're not particularly expensive or anything, but I guess it's something! And nah, I'm not really into selling them (some are quite valuable, 20 euros and more), I'd rather do something nice with them. :D

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Hi, I was just wondering, are there any prizes? Haven't noticed anything about that in the main post. The section is still empty, 1st time participant. ^^'

If not, then I have a bunch of Steam game keys (overlapping bundles, games that I already game, games that I'm not interested in and came with the bundle...) that I'm more than happy to chip in with. :) Could be a nice addon I guess.

They're not particularly expensive or anything, but I guess it's something! And nah, I'm not really into selling them (some are quite valuable, 20 euros and more), I'd rather do something nice with them. :D

Collectively we have a bunch of steam keys for various stuff, but I wasn't sure what was still valid or not. I'll start a dialogue with some of the rmrk advanced people.

Rep:
    Level 43
    I looked at the first post of this GIAW and seen that it's the wrong genre that is entered there. O.o
    Actually text adventure is fine too, unless normal exploring is okay in that kinda games too.
    There will be no fights, so text adventure is good too and it gives me a bit more freedom in designing the game. :) (\s/)

Rep:
    Level 96
    Sorry. We appeared to have had a mixup at reception.
    I'm going to have to speak to somebody about this.
    Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line.

Thank you for holding.
    I spoke to the head forum foreman, everything should be cleared up.
    Thank you for calling RMRK customer service.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bitch
    Rep:
    Level 87
    Bits'n'Pixels
    Collectively we have a bunch of steam keys for various stuff, but I wasn't sure what was still valid or not. I'll start a dialogue with some of the rmrk advanced people.

If it helps or you need more, I have a bunch of Steam keys for things as well that I'm happy to contribute towards prizes.

Might sound a bit weird coming from someone involved in the contest, I guess, but just trying to help out :)

Rep:
    Level 98
    So I guess week one has started

Rep:
    Level 98
    so good luck everybody

Rep:
    Level 98

Rep:
    Level 82
    Starting!

What could this be ...

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
    Level 57
    Miiiiaf =^+^=
    I somehow almost finished mine already... Took me only a few days!! Got to polish and bug-check everything :D
    (Note to anyone not knowing, I started 11th and will send in my entry in 2 days!)

Didn't use anything but RTP and maybe, I did use some stuff that isn't mine...

I used Enterbrain sprites and RTP (and made one sprite myself)
    I used lyrics/song titles from Disney, Mötörhead, Led Zeppelin, Weather Girls, Fallout3 Intro song.
    I also used two songs in the game: Jack Savoretti - Soldier's Eyes and Mötörhead - Ace of Spades
    I also used a game-title and idea from Hu Wen Zeng and Umoni Studio (Piano Tiles -Don't tap the white tile)

This is no game I want to make any money from!! So don't hate me on this :D

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
    Level 98
    Uh, the first official start date for anyone is supposed to be today .-.

Rep:
    Level 96
    It's ok. They were approved. :)

I'll allow it.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 98
    Alrighty .-.

Rep:
    Level 43
    I started on mine today and see, that it turns out more a drama then romance. O.o

Well, a small question about videos I got, can I allready upload them or do I need to wait till the judging is done? :) (\s/)

Rep:
    Level 96
    I think it would be best to wait at least until after everybody is finished. (June 26th)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 43
    Okay, thank you for the reply. :)

I made something like a developer diary. :D (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Come this Friday, you're all going DOWN

DOWN

TO AN EARLIER ROUND ?
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 98

Artistic Dreamer
    Hey, I was wondering if I could make a late change to my start and end date, instead making it from the 18th to the 24th? Just got invited to an event that will tear out all of Wednesday 25th, and I'm already a bit busy in this period due to work, so it would really be a shame.

Also, it's so nice to hear about everyone's progress! :D Really looking forward to the end results.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Updated. :D

Good luck everybody!

Rep:
    Level 34
    Miscalculations
    I just started the project! (almost forgot about it XD)

Good luck guys~ >u<

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Good luck, friends. :D
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 83
    I have like at least 2 days where I won't be able to work on my game AT ALL!  But you're still all going down... In a friendly competition kind of way, that is ;)

Rep:
    Level 96
    was all ready to go
    then my start date arrived
    all of the block of writing

oh wait i'm supposed to smack talk, um... i hope you all have a good day, even after you lose to me >:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 75
    Pixel Artist | Writer
    Planned on doing this earlier but had ridiculous hours at work. Can I combine two hard modes or will I have to stick with one genre? (i.e. A dungeon crawler dating sim or a stealthy puzzle game.)

EDIT
    I'm just going to post my project now and just not do any dating sim aspects if I can't when I start.

Genre: Puzzle (Puzzle / Dating Sim if possible)
    Start: 6/19
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:44:09 AM by h0m3r0w »
    "Nothing's changed about war cept' the caliber of the gun."

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    I think everyone should just stick to picking one genre. You can put whatever you want in and won't be penalized for it, but it will be judged by the category you select. For example, you can enter in the puzzle category and have dating sim elements, but you'll ultimately be judged by how well the game adheres to the puzzle aspect.

Basically if you want to make a puzzle game with some dating sim stuff, go for the puzzle genre. If you want to do a dating sim with some puzzles thrown in, go with the dating sim genre.

Rep:
    Level 75
    Pixel Artist | Writer
    I think everyone should just stick to picking one genre. You can put whatever you want in and won't be penalized for it, but it will be judged by the category you select. For example, you can enter in the puzzle category and have dating sim elements, but you'll ultimately be judged by how well the game adheres to the puzzle aspect.

Basically if you want to make a puzzle game with some dating sim stuff, go for the puzzle genre. If you want to do a dating sim with some puzzles thrown in, go with the dating sim genre.

Ah okay I see so it's more so to help out the judges. Thanks, I'm gonna go with the puzzle genre and sneak in some elements. The rest of the information about the game stays the same. Good luck pals.

Genre: Puzzle
    Start: 6/19
    "Nothing's changed about war cept' the caliber of the gun."

Rep:
    Level 96
    W3LCOM3 TO TH3 G4M3 1N 4 W33K HOM3ROW M4Y TH3 ODDS B3 3V3R 1N YOUR F4VOR >:]
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
    Rep:
    Level 85
    I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
    2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
    I may have to pull out, unless it would be possible to switch my start date to the 20th. I haven't even gotten a chance to open my maker folder or VX all week, my cat Zot has been throwing up fluid for days and on Monday and Tuesday he stopped eating, and we've been back and forth to the vets and taking care of him. He's doing much better now, thankfully, seems the meds they have him on are letting him eat again and he's slowly getting back to normal.

Rep:
    Level 96
    I moved your start date.
    Hope everything works out. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    My start day is today, but I might not actually get the chance to work on the game today. :B I guess we'll see. Malson just moved to a new place, so we're going to spend some time exploring the area. And my mouse batteries died and I hate using the touch pad thing. :mad:
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 72
    RMRK Junior
    1. Genre: Hard Mode - Arcade
    2. (Saturday) Start June 20th 12:00 AM - Finish June 26th 11:59 PM
    3. Timezone: EDT (It's 5:24pm here as I post this).

Happy GIAW-ing, everyone! :3

Rep:
    Level 96
    Welcome.
    Welcome, to GIAW XIV.
    You have chosen, or been chosen, to enter one of our finest RPG Maker competitions.
    And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through to parts unknown, welcome, to GIAW XIV. It's better here.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    This might look a little like the menu from the Postman. :B We're not very script saavy, and they're all public scripts, so it should be ok. Yes? ;o
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 82
    Mine is looking to be very, very short.  ;o   I went and tried some spiffiness and that cost me some time.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
    Level 37
    RMRK Junior
     :'( :'( most likely due to some problems that came up I won't be able to compete.

Rep:
    Level 96
    There's always next time. :)
    Hope everything works out.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Game Title: God Save The Queen!

And that's it so far...

Edit - I don't start until tomorrow anyways, right? So the fact that I haven't gone much passed my title is ok, right? Right!?
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:39:09 PM by bluntsword »

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    suuuuuuuuure B)
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 43
    I've finisehd my week today. :D
    I hope it turns out better then the last few times. ;)

At least it has a longer gameplay. :D
    Good luck to all the other participants. :) (\s/)

Rep:
    Level 82
    Bleh ... could not manage to get very far this time around. I really only have an introduction ready. Not even sure I should turn it in.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
    Level 96
    last year homura hiromu turned in a very short demo of their game
    but it was awesome, so it scored well

don't worry about length :)

Spoiler for:
    thats wut she sed lo
    oops their name isn't homura, it's hiromu
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 82
    Polished up what I had and turned it in.   :o

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Bitch
    Rep:
    Level 87
    Bits'n'Pixels
    last year homura hiromu turned in a very short demo of their game
    but it was awesome, so it scored well

Was that the one about becoming a ghost?

Aye, that was amazing. The only points it lost at all were the disappointment factor that it ended suddenly, but still was just so good despite being short. Aye, I wouldn't worry about short games; it's all about just making a game and having something fun to show off :)

RMRK Junior
    Oops, I only just noticed that I'm supposed to give it in today and not tomorrow. Wasn't feeling too well this week and made little to no progress till this weekend.
    Given that I've got pretty much no gameplay done (just mapping and design, I was going to implement it all day today and tomorrow morning) I think I'll have to sadly pass this one up, I'll just post it on my own. Shame, really. ^^' Oh well.

Rep:
    Level 84
    puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
    I wish I'd had any ideas for this; forcing yourself to have a deadline actually results in some pretty decent stuff if you take it seriously. Or at least stuff that you can polish up and have a nice little game.

Rep:
    Level 32
    RMRK Junior
    Hi, had a sudden and slightly sad moment of realization, it's the first time I've submitted to one of these... and I have no idea where you submit it to, how and where do you submit the actual game?

Rep:
    Level 96
    Send Acolyte a PM with a link to a download of your game.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bitch
    Rep:
    Level 87
    Bits'n'Pixels
    They're usually submitted directly to the judges, or whoever's running the event, so Acolyte in this game it may be. They'll then all be released publicly after all the submission dates have ended and all the judges have given their scores for the whole competition.

Someone will let you know where you can send them specifically though :)

Rep:
    Level 32
    RMRK Junior
    Thanks so much!

Rep:
    Level 32
    RMRK Junior
    Oie... fail... managed to finish but the stupid compression takes forever with this thing... -_-' it's compressing right now... didn't help that I had to work and stuff all day yesterday I literally had like two hours on this thing yesterday, lol

Rep:
    Level 34
    Miscalculations
    I didn't even finish the project, fml.

...maybe next time? ;w;

When I get time I'll release the short cute game someday.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Six games in so far!

Rep:
    Level 89
    my game was late because of the patriarchy :\
    i'm sure the cis scum white males wanted me to fail
    well too bad for you

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I won't kick the bucket on my project just yet, but I should probably give you all a heads up that I might have to drop by the end of this. ;( I started Friday and have pretty much done nothing but put a few scripts in it and type up a weak planner (I guess an hour's worth of work at best). It's gonna be so weird being a GIAW drop-out. I'm never a GIAW drop-out. We'll see what the week has to offer. ;9
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    Hey.
    Even if you drop out, at least your game will better than mine. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    But it's just a blank page with some scripts :V I still have it on the default map with the white-haired guy standing on water like jesus
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    But it's just a blank page with some scripts :V I still have it on the default map with the white-haired guy standing on water like jesus

Hey.
    Even if you drop out, at least your game will better than mine. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I disagree >B(((
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 82
    Just make it a game about Jesus walking across the Atlantic Ocean in real time.  ;o

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    And Jesus wears armor and has white hair >:D
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 37
    RMRK Junior
    There's always next time. :)
    Hope everything works out.

Thanks I really appreciate it, hopefully the other text adventure entry wins!

Artistic Dreamer
    *dies*

GAH that was... bad xD My game is so unfinished, it's horrible. That's what you get for being sick for 2 days and working 2 more. Oh well.

On brighter news, this is my first game! Even if it's not entirely done xD It's been such a great learning experience as well! Yay ^.^ I'm looking forward to the results, and to hear more about the other games.

(A small warning to the judges: The game is most likely broken. It's missing some features, which I didn't have time to correct into a "not active" version, I think. And I didn't have time to test it through, so chances are that balancing are entirely off. Chaos! Yay!)

Rep:
    Level 72
    RMRK Junior
    Aaaaand submitted!

This was my first time really working with actual scripting "under the hood" of VX Ace; I managed to write (with much debugging) a script on my own that modifies SAS IV, and I'm quite proud of that- having a functional demo feels pretty good even if it's more bare bones than I planned. I did end up spending a lot more time banging my head on the keyboard than I had planned to figure out how several classes interacted to get everything working, but it was valuable experience.

After spending a week on this project, I feel like I learned a lot that I didn't know about RGSS3 before. :3

-LFL!

Rep:
    Level 97
    2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
    Congratulations to everyone who finished!

Rep:
    Level 96
    Make The Impossible Game
    See The Invisible Pixels
    Raw! Raw!
    Game in a Week!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 83
    Didn't finish, but would be glad to have judges play with a N/A score when I do finish later today.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Game in a Week XIV is now officially over! Here are all the people who entered, and their game status:

Total: 21
    Submitted Games:10
    Withdrawn/Disqualified Games:11

NORMAL MODE:
    • bluntsword - Mystery -(Sun) 6/20th - 6/26 [CT]
    • CrazyCrab - Mystery -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [CEST]
    • Team ChezSandwiches - Text Adventure -(Sat) 6/20th - 6/26 [PST]
    • Team Kodi - Humor -(Sat) 6/20th - 6/26 [UCT]
    • Little Psycho - Humor -(Thurs) 6/11th - 6/17 [GMT+2]
    • Mekuso - Humor -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [GMT +2]
    • Zamullet - Drama -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [GMT+2]
    • exhydra - Horror -(Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [PST]
    • Netol - Horror -(Mon) 6/15th - 6/21 [EST]
    • Sophist - Text-Adventure Game -(Sun) 6/20th - 6/26th [GMT]
    • Gamer Luna - Romance -(Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [GMT+2]
    • It could be you!

HARD MODE:
    • boe - Point-And-Click Adventure - (Sun) 6/14th - 6/20 [PST]
    • joy - Point-And-Click Adventure -(Mon) 6/20th - 6/26 [GMT -4]
    • "Team ChugaChuga" (Yuyu & Dr.MC) - Dating Sim - (Fri) 6/19 - 6/26 [CST]
    • Ekima - Dating Sim - (Sat) 6/18 - 6/24 [CEST](+2)
    • Hiromu - Dungeon Crawler - (Sun) 6/14 - 6/20 [CST]
    • delyemerald2 - Stealth - (Thurs) 6/18 - 6/24 [GMT+2]
    • flapbat - Puzzle - (Mon) 6/20 - 6/26 [PST]
    • TopsyKrett - Dungeon Crawler - (Wed)17th-23rd [EST]
    • h0m3r0w - Puzzle - (Fri) 6/19 - 6/25 [CST]
    • lonefoxlaughing - Arcade - (Sat) 6/20 - 6/26 [EDT]

All in all, a great turnout! I want to congratulate everyone who participated. Even if you didn't make the deadline, you still gave it your best shot, and I hope you learned a lot from the experience. Those that have submitted their games on time will be evaluated by our panel of judges. The winners will be announced no later than Sunday, July 12th.

Prizes will be announced shortly. Sorry about the delay on that .-.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:24:28 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
    Level 84
    So, as a judge I got all of the games that were sent to me downloaded. However, because of the way it was organized, I don't know if I have all of the games, and of the ones I do have, I don't know which ones belong to which contestants or what some of their titles. A lot of them were just named GIAW, so I'm having a hard time judging these at the moment.

Rep:
    Level 96
    My game is named End Memoria.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Slight alteration, apparently bluntsword was confused about his start and end date, so I'm allowing him today to finish and submit.

So, as a judge I got all of the games that were sent to me downloaded. However, because of the way it was organized, I don't know if I have all of the games, and of the ones I do have, I don't know which ones belong to which contestants or what some of their titles. A lot of them were just named GIAW, so I'm having a hard time judging these at the moment.

I was pretty sure I put the author of each game in the corresponding PM title?

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Slight alteration, apparently bluntsword was confused about his start and end date, so I'm allowing him today to finish and submit.

Read: Aco is amazing.

I totally decided I forgot how dates worked and started on Sunday July 21st instead of Saturday. Anyhow, I just turned in my game: God, Save The Queen.

I even pulled back on what I wanted to get done and STILL came nowhere near finishing.

Oh well, for the crazy week it's been, I enjoyed getting back into RPG Maker. Makes me want to revive an old project or two...

Rep:
    Level 83
    Hopefully the game Brady and I made will still be played, even though it was 2 minutes short of being a full day late!

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    damn, should have submitted my one map

I could have beat the record for least gameplay, right behind Ghost Hunt :(
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    damn, should have submitted my one map

I could have beat the record for least gameplay, right behind Ghost Hunt :(

Always submit!

Rep:
    Level 82
    My game had nearly zero gameplay ... pretty much all story and semi-pretty graphics.  ;\

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
    Level 43
    Hey, if that is all true that said here, then I got chances this time. :)
    Because I got no gameplay too, only a lot of text to read. :D (\s/)

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Don't listen to exhydra. Everything he makes is great and he knows it.  :mad:

Artistic Dreamer
    ... Am I the only one who thought that it was better to submit the things I had? My game sure didn't get done, nor did it have all the features I actually planned.

I'm sure that, even if the games didn't have much, they would still be enjoyable. Besides, then you can always finish them later on and get all the missing glory then! Always submit. ^.^

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    ... Am I the only one who thought that it was better to submit the things I had? My game sure didn't get done, nor did it have all the features I actually planned.

I'm sure that, even if the games didn't have much, they would still be enjoyable. Besides, then you can always finish them later on and get all the missing glory then! Always submit. ^.^

Most definitely. I've done four GIAW's now and have only once submitted a full game. It's a part of the fun to see how much you can accomplish and what you can do.

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)
    Whoops I'm one of those who named their game GAIW, my game (title screen at least) is called Grace of Vil :P should have stuck my name on it

Rep:
    Level 72
    RMRK Junior
    If there's still confusion about who authored what, I titled mine "Skyless" (on the title screen, anyway- filename should be "web-giawxiv").

This is the first RPG Maker project I've ever submitted anywhere, so I'm pretty psyched to have put together what I did, even if it's only a tiny little demo. :3

Rep:
    Level 83
    Brady and I submitted an RM2K game.  Need I say more?

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Commence with the obligatory impatient waiting phase

HURRY UP JUDGES

too soon?
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 82
    Thank you for volunteering and spending the time to grade each game, judges. Please take your time.  :)    Please give me a ten in each category

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I never submitted anything, so I don't have to be nice !! >B(

oh wait

I never submitted anything, so I don't have to rush the judges.. .

.. . .
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    Swag Swag Swag
    Don't worry bout the lag
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Finally figured out the prize list! (subject to change. restrictions may apply, results may vary. fV: )

• Nintendo 3DS and WiiU codes donated by HaloOfTheSun:
      • OlliOlli (Wii U)
      • Sportsball (Wii U)
      • OlliOlli (3DS)
      • Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
      • Whoa Dave (3DS)
      • Steamworld Dig (3DS)
    • Steam Keys donated by Boe
      • Bejeweled™ 3
      • Card City Nights
      • Talisman: Digital Edition
        • Talisman: Digital Edition: Gambler Character Packs
        • Talisman: Digital Edition: Martyr Character Packs
      • Talisman Prologue
      • Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC)
    • Three RPG Maker VX ACE Steam Keys donated by PhoenixFire
    • RMRK - Free selection of Pokemon! (6 regular)
    • RMRK - Free selection of Pokemon! (3 shiny)
    • Free Wayward Ebook from Bluntsword!

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:57:23 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
    Level 96
    Good times for all. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 44
    Looking forward to playing thses when they are relased to the public. I've always loved playing rmpg maker games they have so much more passion put into them than modern rpg games. They have more touch to the real world and not money pockets.

Rep:
    Level 43
    The waiting for results are allways the hugest horror to me. ;)
    Because I ask every day and night myself, did I at least okay? :D
    And actually there are some really nice prices added there. :) (\s/)

Rep:
    Level 83
    Looking forward to playing thses when they are relased to the public. I've always loved playing rmpg maker games they have so much more passion put into them than modern rpg games. They have more touch to the real world and not money pockets.

I love your description of RM games :)

However, isn't the decision to release the games to the public up to the game creator?  I'd rather not release mine since I used the GIAW to test some gameplay concepts that I want to use in a different game.  Can anyone clarify this for me?

Rep:
    Level 97
    Definitely better than Hitler.
    2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
    Yes, it is up to the creator whether or not their game is released publicly.
    :tinysmile:

Rep:
    Level 43
    Wasn't it tin he past few GIAW forbidden to post videos or links to the game official, until the judges ended judging?
    Just wondering. :) (\s/)

Last Stop
    Rep:
    Level 88
    Everyone Off
    Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    yeah just until the judging is over. it's to avoid public opinion swaying the judges votes in the event they see the video and comments prior to getting to play one of the games.

Rep:
    Level 84
    When does judging need to be done? And how do we submit scores? I think I'm just about finished judging (unless I missed a project).

Rep:
    Level 96
    When does judging need to be done?

I don't think there's really any kind of hard time limit. Just don't take more than a month. :X

And how do we submit scores?

I think you send them to Acolyte.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I'm just about finished judging (unless I missed a project).

Cool. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Actually the deadline is the 12th. But yeah, send the scores to me.

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    I'm excited actually. Can't wait to see!

Rep:
    Level 89
    Looking forward to seeing what the pjudges think of my game. You better judge my game, and not being judging me because of who I am.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    SCORES ARE INCOMING. PREPARE URANUS.

Rep:
    Level 82
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Artistic Dreamer
    *refreshes page repeatedly*

... I'm rooting for you all :D All of you! Especially you!

Rep:
    Level 96
    Getting ready to get the lowest score. (=^・ω・^)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    MY URANUS IS PREPARED
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 82
    SO MUCH TENSION!

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 82
    ... next week!

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    So uh.... apparently one of the judges didn't score one of the games .__.

Scores will be here soon though! Promise!

Rep:
    Level 84
    That would probably have been me. Couldn't get it to work, if it's the one that I'm thinking.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    No, flapbat's game didn't count as it was late. I've already gotten in contact with the judge about the game.

Rep:
    Level 96
    Hey.
    When the scores come out, can the judges tell me if you got the clock or not.

Spoiler for:
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:35:33 AM by boe »
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 96
    Mods are asleep, post cats.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 72
    RMRK Junior
    Excitement!
    Suspense!
    Antici...pation!

Carpe ludum!

Inspirational phrase!

Rep:
    Level 89
    I'm almost sorry how hard I'm going to stomp all of you. That is, unless all the judges are sexist pigs. If they aren't then there's no way I'm losing. My game has the deepest impacting story of any of the games in the compition no chance.

Rep:
    Level 96
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 96
    Actually the deadline is the 12th. But yeah, send the scores to me.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Ok, I'll post the scores, but one of them is going to be missing a judge. >:(

Rep:
    Level 96
    Sorry if it seemed like I was saying something.
    I wasn't saying anything.
    Carry out with what you were doing.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 30
    If you're only missing the scores of one game and there are two separate categories of games, couldn't you post up whichever category does have all their scores? It may only be half of the overall scores, but it gives us one category winner and something to celebrate while we nag the absent judge to play the missing game already.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    I....honestly forgot that there were two categories. .-.

Will post them shortly.

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Thanks for hosting this time Aco, I know it's a lot of work!

Rep:
    Level 43
    Somehow I wouldn't even know, if I could be a good judge. :/
    I do really hard to say a honest oppinion to someone, because I don't want to hurt someone. :'(

@Acolyte:
    Take all the time you need and don't overwork, I don't want anyone seen burn out here. ;) (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    YEAH YOU GUYS LEAVE ACO ALONE  OK

:mads:

<3  :  )
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Congrats to all the winners, and to those who participated!

First prize winners should contact me for their prizes. Other prizes will be determined afterwards. :)

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Congrats, guys! :D
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 82
    Woah!    o:    I don't really feel I deserve the first place win because I had like ... literally nothing but a little atmosphere. But okie!   o:   

EDIT: I'm curious as to how many of the judges were 'named' by the game.

I really haven't had time to add on anything since entering due to IGMC, but I did fix a few minor issues with something probably not too many people will come across. Ah well.

You can download Voz, if you want.
    8mb, no RTP required
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:05:50 AM by exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
    UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
    Level 96
    I would also like to know something.
    How many of the judges got the clock. (Already asked, but I rlly want 2 no.)

EDIT2:
    Also, did you get stuck anywhere?
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:47:09 AM by boe »
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Congrats all around and yay for second!

Last Stop
    Rep:
    Level 88
    Everyone Off
    Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    Scores updated due to a mathematical error on one of the judges parts. disregard other peoples averages. aquire bacon.

Mainly Luna was actually markedly improved over last time for scoring and due to a math error along the way the final average total did not add up. the error appears to have been solely in calculation of that score but I am double checking all of the math for verification purposes.

Rep:
    Level 89
    Last place?
    I'm guessing you all expect me to get mad, to start yelling.
    But I'm not.

I just want to say, good job everybody.
    The people who got first place deserved it, because they worked hard on their games.

Spoiler for:
    But you're all still shitlord cis scum. :)

Last Stop
    Rep:
    Level 88
    Everyone Off
    should be 100% there were a couple of minor rounding errors that did not affect positioning.

Artistic Dreamer
    Oh! OH! :D I'm surprised I actually scored so high, considering how incomplete the game was. Now... it's off to the ongoing projects page with it, so it can get finished. If any of the judges feel like commenting on its flaws, I'd absolutely love it, so I can improve.

Congrats to all the winners! I'm sure you all did awesome. I'm hoping to see some of your projects soon. ^.^

Thank you to all the judges for taking time to judge everyone fairly!

And most of all, thanks to Acolyte for hosting! The contest really helped me jumpstart my game making. It's a great initiative, and you did great. ^.^

Edit - Project page here: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=50241.0
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:57:16 AM by Ekima »

Rep:
    Level 87
    Woah!    o:    I don't really feel I deserve the first place win because I had like ... literally nothing but a little atmosphere. But okie!   o:   

EDIT: I'm curious as to how many of the judges were 'named' by the game.

I really haven't had time to add on anything since entering due to IGMC, but I did fix a few minor issues with something probably not too many people will come across. Ah well.

You can download Voz, if you want.
    8mb, no RTP required

It did for me. As a fan of Remember.exe and someone who never gets afraid of horror games, this was a very pleasant surprise, despite a lack of gameplay.

Rep:
    Level 30
    Huh. My score is more disappointing than I hoped, yet I placed higher than I expected given I'm not fond of dungeon crawlers. Well, at least I can finish up the post-contest game and get that uploaded now.

Congratulations to everyone!

Rep:
    Level 32
    RMRK Junior
    Yey! I got third!!!
    Was so glad I got to do this, the battle system is something I've been thinking about trying to figure out for awhile, was wondering how it seemed?

Rep:
    Level 43
    Actually positive surprised about the score. :D
    4.   | Ni Sekai   | Gamer Luna   | Romance   | 4.58

Because I know the hugest issue was about not using the topic at all. :/
    It was more a horror game then a romance one. :(
    I missed on getting to the romance part, because it was way later in story...
    But the mistake was mine again, wanted to do more, then I could. :D

*EDIT*
    Spoiler for:
    Rank   | Creator           | Polish   | Playability   | Ingenuity   | Entertain   | Overall
    4.   |Gamer Luna   | 6           | 3.67           | 5           | 3.67   | 4.58

I didn't even think I polished it that much. O.o
    The playability was a bit bad, because of the weird running bug, which I don't know how to fix. :/
    I think Ingenuity wasn't that great, because I seen such a story many times. :)
    Why is Entertain and Playability the same score? O.o

After all I expected about 3 - 4 score rate, so higher as expected. :D
    But where does the genre use go to?
    Just wondering. :) /)
    *END OF EDIT*

And congratulation to all the winners. :) (\s/)
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:22:29 PM by Gamer Luna »

Rep:
    Level 72
    RMRK Junior
    Achievement unlocked: Dead Last!

...Well, on the bright side, I've got a lot of room for improvement, and I completed something in a week! ^.^'

Rep:
    Level 87
    If anyone wants a more detailed reasoning for their scores and what I thought of their game/how they could improve it, feel free to PM me and I'll be more detailed. >>Thick skin required. I'm nice, but I will mention every detail that I think needs work<<

Rep:
    Level 96

EDIT2:

Also, does it have to be PM.
    I'm not ashamed of my crappy game.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 87

EDIT2:

Also, does it have to be PM.
    I'm not ashamed of my crappy game.

Endmemoria? I like the twist ending, but I think it's possible you lost points if people didn't get it. I was a bit iffy on the game until I got to that point.

Rep:
    Level 96
    Yeah, mine was End Mermoria. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)
    Sweet! The event was really fun once again, good job everyone :D

Rep:
    Level 43
    Yeah, mine was End Mermoria. :)
    And it is a well deserved 3rd place. :3
    I really enjoyed playing it, but 2 game breaking bugs were in this game:
    Spoiler for:
    1. The stove wasn't clickable after getting the cold coin, because of "below character".
    2. The portal in "home" wasn't passable, because of "same as character".
    Again I really loved the story telling and graphicstyle of you. You have a great potential in game making. :3
    Great work and congratulations to the well deserved 3rd place. :D (\s/)

Rep:
    Level 83
    Congrats, ya'lls!  Posting the detailed scores is a great plus. 

Maybe next time I'll finish my project on time, lol

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Sooooo, first place winners. Prizes?

Rep:
    Level 57
    Miiiiaf =^+^=
    Yaay, got 4th :D

Seems like little people seem to get the point of my humour xD
    My sister liked it though, she had to giggle a couple of times!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
    Level 43
    What would be a nice gesture, is to give the reviews of the judges too. ;)
    That way people know what they did good and what bad.
    And to improve would be a lot easier. :D

I got a really detail review by Legacy, which I had to agree with. :)
    My hugest issue this year was, that I picked romance and it turned out as a horror game, because I didn't get far enough to the story to actually add the romance. :D (\s/)

Rep:
    Level 96
    Reviews would be nice.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
    Level 32
    RMRK Junior
    Yeah, I'd love to know how mine seemed too, if it played well, especially how the characters seemed, and if that battle system was fun or confusing.

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I wouldn't mind doing video or livestream reviews again, but no promises that we'll finish them ;__;

I have been told that I make quite a wonderful host
    ...by no one ;9
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    btw awards have been dished out :D courtesy of bluntsword for the icons and graphics!
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    Video reviews would be cool.
    Maybe you, aco and strike? :3
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

my name is Timothy what's yours
    Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    and our lovely mascot, teen pop star Pacman! xoxo :gracie:
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    Would love to if I have time.

Rep:
    Level 72
    RMRK Junior
    Thank you to everyone involved! I love my shiny new badgey-buttony thing! ^.^

Special thanks to:
    Acolyte for posting and logistic-ing the submissions,
    bluntsword for icon-y bits,
    Legacy for offering detailed reasoning on request for scoring of projects!

...AND YOU!

-LFL!

Rep:
    Level 44
    congrats to you all
    and to you all a congrats

Rep:
    Level 91
    Do the entry games get posted anywhere or are they just kinda dropped after the contest?

Rep:
    Level 96
    That is left up to the creators of the games. I guess nobody wanted to post their games.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    POST YOUR GAMES, PEOPLE

PLEASE
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 96
    Sotp Your Agems, Leppoe

Elepsa
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    oh hey, nobody else grabbed prizes.
    Prize free-for-all!  ;8

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Can always save em for next time :p

though I think GIAW is fun with or without prizes
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    I like prizes

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)