RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXAce][Can Map In Return] Alchemy and Timed Buttons Minigame

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
Hello everyone,

So my most recent project greatly focuses on alchemy and crafting potions, medicines and the like. While there are a lot of alchemy systems out there, both scripted and evented, none of them really seemed interesting to me. ^^; Most just depended on collecting ingredients, calling some menu, clicking a button and voila, you have your potion. XD So I was hoping for something more interesting.

Please look with me at this hand-drawn picture (please excuse the lack of resources, this is the best I can do to clarify my idea ^^):

Spoiler for:

Now please let me explain this thoroughly. ^^

My idea of making an alchemy system a little more appealing is as follows, or we can call it the concept:

Say we need to make Item 1, which needs ingredients A, B and C. The player is required to collect these ingredients from various maps. Once that's done and the crafting process starts, he's brought this scene.

The crafting process itself is a mini-game. In the bottom bar, random icons of various ingredients (some being unneeded,) are scrolling horizontally (yes, you consider the red balls the ingredients XD.) Now the player just needs A, B and C in that order. He waits until said ingredients passes through the circle in the center and then he has to click A (space, Enter-doesn't really matter,) in order for the ingredient to be checked on the right panel of the screen. Once all three are checked, the player is given his item. :D

Now the features, or the little details:

• The player is given the limit of one mistake. If he makes more than one mistake while clicking to choose, the item fails to be created, and he loses all the ingredients he had collected.[/*]
  • You can see a mortar and a pestle in the middle of the screen. I think it would look great if every time the player chooses an ingredient correctly, the picture can be changed for a moment to show the pestle moving, and then returns to normal.[/*]
  • The main hero's face is shown at the top left of the screen.[/*]
I know I talked a lot, and it sounds like a large script, but I think it would be a very useful script for all and a new approach on alchemy systems. ^^ Finally, my imagination on how to make things actually work (just to help out whoever would be kind enough to try this out ^^):

• One picture is used for the layout of the screen (something like the hand-drawn picture above,) and can be changed through the script. Another picture to show the pestle moving that's automatically changed when a correct ingredient is added.[/*]
  • The items to be used as ingredients can be labeled somehow? Like writing a code in the Notes section or something, so items labeled as such are shown randomly in the scrolling horizontal bar by their icons.[/*]
I'm finally done. Sorry if this seems like a lot. I just tried to be as detailed as possible. ^^

Thank you very much. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:29:11 PM by Miss Nile »

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Bumping this. ^^ Just thought I should say, I can map for anyone who's willing to take this in return. ^^ I'm a decent mapper, and I can map for both RPG Maker XP and VXAce. Here are examples of my work,

Spoiler for:

The houses have been edited with Mack's roof tiles.

And I can provide more examples if anyone is interested. :) Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:27:50 PM by Miss Nile »

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Bumping ^^

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Well, I'm not much of a scripter, but I could try to event it.

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D I don't mind if it's evented although I think that would be a bit difficult? I am not a great eventer myself but I tried thinking about it and didn't have much luck. XD

<3
Rep:
Level 83

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's not perfect, but I do have a barebones system up and running.

<3
Rep:
Level 83
That's wonderful work, thank you. :D I spent some time playing around with it but I was wondering if there's a way to keep the ingredients scrolling even if the player makes a correct/wrong choice? At the moment, if the player chooses an ingredient, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, the scrolling starts over again so is there a way to keep it running to have things look a little smoother? ^^

Thank you very much for your help, I truly appreciate it. If there's anything I can do in return, please let me know. :D

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Yeah, sorry about that. I got kinda fed up with it and I felt bad about it taking so long so I just sorta posted it even though there were problems. ._.
I'll take another look at it when I have time.

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Oh no, please don't apologize. I really appreciate all the effort you put into this. :D

Please take all the time you need. And thank you very much. ^^