RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How you like monster drops?

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
Yo, everyone!~
I'm making a MMORPG that I got the inspiration for from various games such as Fantasy Online and Sword Art Online. So my question is really simple:
How you like monster drops to be?
This way:

Basically, when the monster dies it just drops the items on the ground near it and the corpse disappears.

Or this way:

The corpse stays on the ground until all of the drops are picked up.

Tell me which way you like more.
I'm crazy as much as I want to be.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I like the second one more personally, though I would say maybe design a system that is visually more attractive than the grid you have shown there.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
I would say maybe design a system that is visually more attractive than the grid you have shown there.
Visually more attractive? Like what do you mean by that? Could you show me like a screenshot or something?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:59:49 PM by XaXaV »

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Game Crafting Minor
I rather like the second one myself!
It's much neater and easier to manage.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

I've always been a fan of the loot window. ;]
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
Thanks for the replays!~
Another thing:
How you like the drops to be distributed? Like for example, if a player kills a monster only this player can loot it. What about that?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Thanks for the replays!~
Another thing:
How you like the drops to be distributed? Like for example, if a player kills a monster only this player can loot it. What about that?

Makes sense to me. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
for some reason i thought this thread was "how do you live with yourself monster"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Thanks for the replays!~
Another thing:

Makes sense to me. :)

^ This

I would say maybe design a system that is visually more attractive than the grid you have shown there.
Visually more attractive? Like what do you mean by that? Could you show me like a screenshot or something?

I can try to mock something up for you, sure. What is this being built in, and, what kind of atmosphere are you looking at?

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
I can try to mock something up for you, sure. What is this being built in, and, what kind of atmosphere are you looking at?

I'm using RMVX with RGSS 1 library. What do you mean by atmosphere?

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
What kind of game is it? Like, a dungeon crawler, general role-play game, etc.. And in what style? Is it a modern style, steampunk, medieval, etc.

Rep:
Level 74
RGSS Scripter
What kind of game is it? Like, a dungeon crawler, general role-play game, etc.. And in what style? Is it a modern style, steampunk, medieval, etc.

It's a general RPG. It's sort of like medieval + steampunk. :D Dunno how to describe it actually.
You can check some screenshots from Fantasy Online (just google it) if you haven't played it.
I'm making my game kinda like FO.