RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
3/6-3/12 Weekly Map Jam - Snowy Village

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
WEEKLY MAP JAM!
The weather may be due to season, region or a cursed princess but it sure can look nice. Show us a snowy village!

Rules!
-Post up a map that fits the theme from your preferred maker program (Or map making program of choice, Feel free to use the Far Cry 2 map editor if you want to or something.)
-One map, multiple screen shots are acceptable only if it's the same map.
-Post what you think the map theme should be next week! first map with a suggestion is the next week's suggestion, no suggesting twice in a row. Having a suggestion is not compulsory.
-Leave feedback for others work if you're so inclined!

Critique always welcome!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HguyY4qtCo0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HguyY4qtCo0</a>

Respite from the cold wasteland.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
posting here so I don't forget to do this ;(
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
posting here so I don't forget to do this ;(

This. I've wanted to do the past few but totally forgot..

EDIT:

Spoiler for:

Next theme: Cliffside Village
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:50:13 AM by PhoenixFire »
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You chose the best music.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
He didn't want to choose it. I made him.  :mad:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Spoiler for:

I didn't notice it before, but is that maid washing the dirt path  :irock2:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
can't have a dirty path now can we
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Modified my first post, and wanted to drop this little script here that I found.. Might be relevant to this series of map challenges =p

Map Screenshot script: Himeworks Website

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Well, I debated whether or not to post this, but I guess it's a practice thing anyway so w/e.
I had to work a bunch this week, so it's not finished. ;9
It sucks because I was really looking forward to making something cool, but I ended up getting overwhelmed.

So without further ado:
Spoiler for:

It's kinda sorta based on the sky city sample map. I'm not very good at town layouts, so I basically just copied the layout.

Rep:
Level 96
Reminds me of Lagoon (SNES) for some reason.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I made a snow map a little while ago, and I guess that counts?

Next theme should be uhhhhh... A farm :B
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
okay that's not a village, I'll allow it i guess. but if you do that you're not allowed to post any pre made farm maps yuyu.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Updated with a slightly altered map..

Aco, actually, I think yours is better than mine, even though it's based on an example map and all :p

Yours is pretty good too Yuyu... Very different style than I'm used to seeing in maps like that.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
okay that's not a village, I'll allow it i guess. but if you do that you're not allowed to post any pre made farm maps yuyu.

Oh oops, I totally forgot it had to be a village. Just uhhh disregard that? You can use the farm theme if you want though. I only posted something because you guys said you needed a them for next week. :B

I don't have any pre-made farm maps, actually. I need to make one for LT but haven't yet. ;] Maybe this next theme is a good chance for me to finally get around to making one.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
O.o

But, wouldn't next week's theme be cliffside village?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
did you just edit that in? i didn't see it there before.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Updated with a slightly altered map..

I rearranged it slightly, but that's about it. If you're in doubt, you can skip and YuYu's idea and I'll just try to get in a good submission hopefully before everyone else next week to suggest mine =p

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I really don't mind either way lol :B
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
the only real issue i have with it is there's another VILLAGE
people don't fucking post a map because a whole village is hard.

We'll go with cliffside but I'm going to change it up as i see fit.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
okay, if cliffside is okay, can I change it to "cliffside scene/map, houses optional"?

Rep:
Level 96
"cliffside scene/map, houses, people, trees, cats, dogs, fish, birds, rocks, snow, water, sky, clouds, aliens, yelling goblins, elves and dwaves optional"
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
From here on out I'll be modifying suggestions within reason if they're a bit too specific.

This week for example would have been "Snowy Village Scene" or something so it wouldn't have specified specifically making a whole town because that can be pretty daunting for some people.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
"....yelling goblins, elves and dwarves optional...."

no, sorry, those are required.