RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hello everyone

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
Greetings everyone.  I have been inactive for a long time, mostly due to life getting in the way.  I have been a fan of and have been using RPG Maker VX Ace for a while, (about 4 months recently) but i've been on and off it for at least 4 years.  I'm preparing a little venture into the gaming world by embarking on a 48 hour crunch next week to build a game project I've had in mind for a long time, but never had the time or the motivation to do. 

I hope I can build in time a game which may in the future spawn a series of games that everyone here can enjoy.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  One thing at a time.  Again, I say hello everyone and I hope to enjoy myself here.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Welcome, new friend!

Can't wait to see how the game goes! Good luck! B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
hello welcome to the internet
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
welcome to rmrk stay a while and party

:boe:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
Thanks everyone.  I look forward to sharing with you guys the game i have in mind.  I hope you guys like it.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Welcome to the forums citizen o/

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Welcome!

Why not tell us about your game and when you plan to have your crunch time?

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
Welcome!

Why not tell us about your game and when you plan to have your crunch time?

Of course.  I was going to ask if there was a place i could put it that wasn't the projects forum.  I don't want to spoil any plot points about it, but here's a basic synopsis of the game: 

Gybonis was once a thriving land filled with flowers and peaceful residents.  The discovery of machines however, and the materials nessesary to build them, have resulted in the cabinet, (the office name given to the top leader, they hold the equivalent ranking of a president) to go mad with power.  You are a scientist working under the cabinet.  Initially, you joined with expected good intentions of the cabinet's decisions.  However, as time passed, you realized he is a madman, with no regard for the well being of the land he rules.  You must now find a way to knock down the cabinet from his throne before his plans are set in motion. 

As for the crunch time as you put it, it's not really crunch time as i see it, it's more like 'get my ass in gear and actually produce something.'  I plan on doing that tuesday and wednesday next week.  I will not be posting progress here because I want to treat this like i actually have to have something playable by the end of wednesday for whatever time i set for myself.  I'm not expecting to have a full game done by wednesday, but i am expecting to have something presentable by then.  And after wednesday, then I'll work to actually produce something good.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Sounds good!

Once you get your game ready, feel free to post it in this forum. Give us some screens and a download link once the demo is ready.

Also, this thread is a resource in helping you get your thread set up.

Welcome to the community!

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
thats pretty gnarly gnarly sounding man man
dude dude totes post it man :boe:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
Looks like I'm going to have to push my 48 hour crunch one day.  I'm going to have to start Wednesday instead of thursday.  BTW, does anyone know of any tilesets around that look war-torn?  Haven't had much luck finding any.

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
In 12 hours i begin my 48 hour crunch to start my game.  At the end of it I will be making a post for the game.  Hope you guys like it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
thanks.  BTW, sorry for double posting.  I hope i didn't break any forum rules doing that.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
yeah, don't ever double post

Rep:
Level 98
unless you feel like it

Rep:
Level 98
in which case it's ok

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
there's double posting going on in here ?!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
double posting is TERRIBLE !!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
but triple posting is cool :halo:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
story is coming along nicely.  20 pages so far, and I'm not even halfway done with it.  I hope i can finish writing it in time to actually do some work in RPG Maker VXA.  Yes I'm using Ace for this project.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Welcome to RMRK. Good luck with the game. :aco:

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
I think i might be scaring myself with this story.  I can't believe how well it is flowing.  From my perspective anyway.  Someone else might not think so.  BTW, quick question regarding the project post, because i want to make one soon, is it a requirement for screenshots to be in the post in order for it to be seen?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No, but we like screenshots :}
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
that's what i thought.  Guess i've got to make more maps first before i can make my post.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Worry not, for it 'tis not a requirement. ;o I personally recommend screenshots to make threads look prettier, though. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
also i like helping people yo so dawg is yo needs some help yo just throw me a note dawg
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
Boe, if that's the word filters at work again, it's very distracting from your post message.  Not entirely sure why the filters were set up that way.

Expect a project post from me in the near future.  Just so you know in advance, the title will be The Gybonis Secret. 

Rep:
Level 98
that's a fast assumption, but no it's not the word filters

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
that's a fast assumption, but no it's not the word filters

I'm probably mistaken, but someone else mentioned a word filter last week as the reason for some posts placing different words in exchange for others.  i thought that was the case here too.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh!

Yeah the word filter we're talking about is "gnar-gnar". Every word related to "co ol,  ni ce,  awes ome,  etc" pretty much is set to change to it. I think it just got set up right before you started posting, so it probably just looks like we all like to say "gnar-gnar" because we're really hip and happenin' or something

^ which is true tho
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
I was just confused.  sorry about that.

Rep:
Level 96
its all gnar-gnar my nar-nar mar-mar :boe:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No worries, railfan!

Anyways, I'll be keepin' an eye out for your game! :D Good luck, friend!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RPG Maker VX Ace Novice
Just in case anyone was looking for my game, i've got a post for it in the project section of the forum.  it's titled The Gybonis Secret.  Though i imagine, stuff to some of you may look bland.