RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2D Perspective and Public Opinion

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I definitely agree with Strike on this. Obviously everything won't be perfect especially since this is my first real attempt at pixel art from scratch.

Just gonna throw this out there, I wouldn't consider that to be pixel art. Pixel art is really about careful manipulation of individual pixels and pixel clusters. It doesn't look like you gave much thought to the form or structure of each individual element.

This is a good intro to pixel art. Getting the techniques down is important. The rest is just practice and visual research.

Rep:
Level 71
I definitely agree with Strike on this. Obviously everything won't be perfect especially since this is my first real attempt at pixel art from scratch.

Just gonna throw this out there, I wouldn't consider that to be pixel art. Pixel art is really about careful manipulation of individual pixels and pixel clusters. It doesn't look like you gave much thought to the form or structure of each individual element.

This is a good intro to pixel art. Getting the techniques down is important. The rest is just practice and visual research.

Thanks I'll definitely take a look at that.

I would agree if I was targeting anything but PC because it at least seems that a majority of games released with that perspective on PC are made with RPG Maker. So it may in some cases be safe to assume that the game was created with it.
Maybe you only feel that's the case because you're in an RPG Maker community? I've seen a decent number of independent games with this perspective, and most of them don't use RPG Maker.

You shouldn't even be worrying about this anyway. Make what you want.
I was looking for games with that perspective on Steam and I mainly found RPG Maker games. There were definitely games from other engines though. You're probably right, I may be worrying over nothing. I'd just hate to spend all this time making the game just to have hated because of something as stupid as perspective. I guess that's just part of the risk of game design.