RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMVX Character Specific Weapon Animations

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Hello,

So, I wasn't sure if this was something that could be fixed in the program itself without having to add a new script, so I'm posting this here. I'm working on my game and I want to be able to show the characters attacking with their equipped weapon. Like, see the character attack the monster. I'm using a frontview battle system (Yanfly Engine Zealous) and have little to no interest in using Tankentai or any sideview system. 

The problem, of course, is that the animations in VX are tied directly to the weapons and spells; not the characters.

I'm wondering if there's a way to use the notebox to toggle between various animations for a weapon dependent upon which character it is currently equipped to.

I've done some googling, and so far, all I've seen are scripts and demos for RMVXAce that would attach specific skills to weapons, which might work but for the fact that it's Ace and I'm using plain ole VX.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You!

Rep: +0/-0Level 34
RMRK Junior
The following post is interesting too.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
My post which is interesting is the following post. All of us can be interesting, if not more, than all the time, we all know that we love very much, or very little in this direction.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&