RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Solved] Help with setting event position

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
RMRK Junior
I'm currently working on a chase system, so that when the player enters a room, it checks to see if a monster is chasing them. If one is, it checks the players coordinates, then sets the monster event to a point based on them.

Part of the time this works. However, most of the time it doesn't move the monster event, and it's just stuck in the wall where it's default position is. In the case of the event that I'm going to link below, if the player enters the room from the top (player y == 9) the monster event will work fine and be set to the correct position. However, any set position events below that one don't work; if the player is entering from the right or the left of the screen for example.

event page:

I'm sure it's just something stupid that I'm missing, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:34:51 AM by yuyu! »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hello. Please upload your project so that I can take a look at it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
RMRK Junior
I just figured it out, for some reason I have to put a wait command between the set event location and the switch commands. Don't really understand why.