RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Teardrop Distance

Rep:
Level 76
Creator of sliced awesomeness.

Hello there. Some weeks ago, I teamed up with somebody to create a game for the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest. The game had great potential, but sadly they disappeared without notice, greatly hindering the project. Taking me several days to realise this, I ended up gathering the assistance of other artists. The game is but a shadow of what it was meant to be, but it is still a fairly enjoyable short story, so I'd like to share it with you.

It was written with my own framework, based on Java, JRuby, GDX and LWJGL.

Background

A 2D sidescrolling platformer, retelling a grim story about mankind's final struggle for survival. You'll be playing the role of the woodcutter, who will attempt to uncover the dark story behind humanity's downfall.

The project features awesome voice acting and fairly fun gameplay.

Screenshots

Links

Note that the Public's Choice thing is probably impossible to win since I don't uh... have a good reputation at Webs, so I can't exactly go there and tell everybody about the game.

We invite you to try it, or watch a full playthrough.

Credits

A full list of credits can be found at the end of the game (check the video). However here is the list either way:
Spoiler for:
  • Main Developer / Programmer
    • Me / Omegas7 / Haskell.
  • Main Artist
    • Xiie.
  • Artists
    • Xiie
    • Amy / Qtpi
    • Sebastian Vesterlund
    • Me
    • Apoc
  • Voice Acting
    • Kai Skrotzki (The Narrator and background scientist)
    • Viva Becker (The Saviour)
    • Chase Richard Johnson (The Old Man, The Fisherman, The Keeper, The Scientist)
    • Adoxographist (The Weaver)
    • Katie Dagnen (The Saviour Precursor)
  • Music
    • MaestroSegments
    • EliteFerrex
    • lindstrom4
    • Koori-Kun
    • keepwalking
    • AngelofPeace
  • Sounds
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:31:18 AM by Omegas7 »
Oceanic Unicorns. Yes.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm downloading it now. I'll play it tomorrow and report back.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 76
Creator of sliced awesomeness.
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it :]
Oceanic Unicorns. Yes.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It's really cool. :3

I had a little trouble advancing through the dialogue. It likes to skip sometimes.

I love the arts.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 24
RMRK Junior
The story you are offering is gaining popularity as it can be offered to others as well.