RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Witcher 3 Official Hype Thread

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU</a>

Just look at it! Look how smooth it is! Those animations are so life-like! And my god, some of the characters really, actually look like real people, and not in that creepy "uncanny valley" kind of way. And that music!

I'm definitely upgrading my video card for this game.

Video about the soundtrack: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/25/the-music-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx
Another game with adaptive music that I'm excited about!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:19:56 AM by Moss. »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Is Witcher anything like Dark Souls?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Only in the RPG stat based sense. It's more about the story and the quests, although the hack and slash combat gets better with every game, so I can see it being more like DS's direct combat in WH.

I'm mega excited, CPR ramps it up for every game they put out.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was asking because I remember reading a review when the first Witcher came out. They kept comparing it to Dark Souls.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
In style and minor setting, maybe. It's Tolkein-like setting. The swordplay and combat isn't near as heavy and direct. Yeah, you can roll out of the way, but you just slash at your enemy like your sword is invisible. Wild Hunt's combat is supposed to be a lot better. Swords will connect, etc.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
only game ill allow myself to be hyped for, havent been disappointed by them

(yet)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I was asking because I remember reading a review when the first Witcher came out. They kept comparing it to Dark Souls.
The first Witcher came out way before Dark Souls did though

I loved Witcher 2 though and that trailer got me fucking pumped.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Tried to get into the witcher 1, meh. Tried to get into the witcher 2, meh  :-\
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I have the original, but not the second. This DOES look good... so I guess I need to get around to playing the first one.

Also, Ryan has distinct tastes apparently:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
E3 Gameplay Footage (played on Xbone, so the graphics aren't really that jaw-dropping)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGtEJx6gEgE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGtEJx6gEgE</a>

Just a sidequest showing off some of the world, so maybe not all that exciting for some, but fuck, I'm still excited. It's all about the details.
Look at the animation. That's what's really being showcased, here. The combat movements look so slick, and FAST. Each hit of the sword recoiled the enemy in the correct direction (maybe I've just not noticed that in other games, but whatever, it looks great). There's a sick arrow redirection kill in there. There's no more dodge ROLLING, which is great, because rolling is kind of silly, really. It looks like there's less cooldown animation between your choices, so casting your shield magic doesn't leave you open as long. Even the facial and body animations during dialog look fresh and natural, not just a selection from a small handful of basic gestures like other RPGs (cough skyrim cough).

It almost looks too easy, though, but I'm sure that's because it would look bad if the dude playing the game ended up dying during the demo, haha.

I have the original, but not the second. This DOES look good... so I guess I need to get around to playing the first one.

Also, Ryan has distinct tastes apparently:

HA. Would be true if Triss wasn't so annoying. Well, she's super annoying in the first game (a lot of things are, really), and in the 2nd game she's miles better (voice actor and all) but still leaves a bit to be desired. Like, some of my favorite moments in Witcher 2 were actually the dialog scenes where all 5-6 main characters were together. They would converse, and it would feel so natural, like they really were all old friends. Something that most RPGs don't do so well, since all dialog is 1-on-1, not often done as a group. But when Triss is supposed to be all tough and fight and shit, her VO's a little over the top. Hopefully it's better in the third game.

Which brings me to ... yeah, Arrow, definitely try to play through Witcher 1. It won't be easy. It's definitely a game that takes a while to get in to. I had to restart it a few times, really, but eventually I sunk myself in to the lore (did a lot of read in-game) and found myself really enjoying it. If you just can't do it, there's definitely some sites out there that will give you a written synopsis to prepare you for Witcher 2. It would explain things well enough, but I just don't think it would have the same impact. The second one is a damn gorgeous game, and a vast improvement on the first game. The lore, as always, is DEEP and very rewarding. The story is damn good, the characters are memorable and even seriously LIKABLE, and the combat is pretty sweet if you learn to use every weapon/skill/trick in your arsenal. Sure, you could just dodge roll around the entire game, but then you're a pussy and you're not doing it right. Use bombs, set traps, stack potions, combine items with magic, trap/stun/ignite enemies and slice them down with your sword while they're recovering. Learn about enemies, and their specific weaknesses, because the game will not simply GIVE them to you.

Don't play on easy. Hell, maybe don't even play on Normal.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:47:21 PM by Moss. »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98

How can you not be hyped for this shit?