RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Adventures in RMRKMon....

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
This isn't a contest, per se. But it is a way for you all to earn free pokemon.  We're going to tell a story as only RMRKers can.  I'll post a picture and a few sentences that KaroRushe was kind enough to draw/write up.  Then the next person draws a picture and writes a few sentences to continue the story. 

The Rules
1) You may use any medium for your drawing.  ANY medium, it's a free-for-all. 
2) Your drawing must continue the story in some way. Get creative, let's have some fun! (let's keep this PG rated please, no penis/vagina jokes/stories)

It's that simple!  Now maybe you're asking yourself, what do I get out of this? 

- Every picture/ sentence combo that continues the story earns 1 Pokemon with  a >30% capture rate.
- You can earn a total of 5! Pokemon. 

Let's get started:

Today is the beginning of my journey, with my Partner, Eve. Together we head out to the outside, firmly following my dream to become a Pokemon Trainer. I held my partner in the air, and smile. "Today is the day, Eve." Eve smiles black. I say my farewells to my parents, and walk off, not looking black, my journey begins....

[Thanks KaroRushe for kicking us off!]
RMRKMon staff will be participating in this as well, however we will not be receiving any rewards this time. This is all about you guys, so jump in and have fun!

Ps. In order to keep this thread as orderly as possible I'll be pming you to find out which pokemon you would like

Spoiler for Pokerewards:
LordStark - Butterfree
NekoBucket - Haunter
Sophist - Haunter
LordStark - Beedrill
Lord Stark - Kakuna
NekoBucket - Sableye
Lord Stark - Azurill
Lord Stark (max reached) - Azumarill
AteOneZero - Croconaw
BaronVonPacman -  Delibird
NekoBucket -
Brady - Haunter

-Karo edit-
Pokemon Move set
This part will be kept updated as the story progresses
Pokemons are linked to Bulbapedia, if you want to use other movesets, use those linked for suggestion on what to use

"Shaggy's" Pokemon:
-Eevee-
Code: [Select]
-Eve's Moves-
1) Quick Attack
2) Sand Attack
3) Covet
4) Charm

Random Girl's Pokemon:

-Snubbull-
-Snuru's Moves-
1) Bite
2) Scary Face
3) Headbutt
4) Protect

Black Market Doctor's Pokemon:

???

Happy nurseman's Pokemon:

???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:19:03 PM by Baroness Jules »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I'm pretty sure that I have the least amount of artistic skill on these forums, 30 minutes in paint churned out this masterpiece:

Eve and I had only been gone from home for a short while, but we were already looking much worse than when we left. Still we pressed on, adventure waited just ahead....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

We had barley set foot into town, when a man approached us.
"What are ya buyin?" he asked, displaying three odd stones.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:47:41 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die

"Are you talking to me?" he asked, looking down and frowning, and then looking up, taking a peek into the jacket the man had open.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

The strange man cackles and says, "Got some rare things on sale, stranger."

You don't have any money, but one of them is free...
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

You happily chime, because you love free stuff, "Ok, dude. Gimme the circle-thing."
You don't know what it does, but free is free, right? Right.

(our hero is named "shaggy" now :mad:)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

You got... something? You're not sure what it does, other than be round.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88

WHAT IS THIS?!  You exclaim, searching frantically for the man who has seemingly disappeared.

The lengths I'll go to embarrass myself for you people ;_;
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:38:36 PM by Baroness Jules »

Rep:
Level 96

Well, you guess that that weird round thing doesn't really matter that much. You stow it away in your unconventionally large pockets, hopefully it doesn't get lost in there and become a plot point later on...

You decide you've derped around enough, you need to have your first battle.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die

"Hey kid! Let's battle!" a random chick yelled as she approached our hero.

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

"Who-where did you come from?!" You questioned the girl, as she replies:
"There's no time for expositions, prepare yourself!!!" - she replies quickly.
"Snuru, go!!!" - Random Pigtail Chick sends out a Snubbull

"Snuru, that sounds familiar, alright Eve, let's show them what we got!" - You replied, as Eve takes the stage.

*Eve is now awaiting commands*

-Eve's Moves-
1) Quick Attack
2) Sand Attack
3) Covet
4) Charm

(and just in case; Here's Snuru's moves)

-Snuru's Moves-
1) Bite
2) Scary Face
3) Headbutt
4) Protect

(1st Post has been updated)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:55:39 AM by Karo Rushe »

Rep:
Level 96

Okay, don't choke. Tell Eve what attack to use.
"Eve, use hyper beam!" you yell.
Eve seems confused. I don't think they know that move.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 38
けつばん
But Eve looks like she's gonna do it anyways!

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Snuru tried to retaliate with Scary Face, but it ended up being Freakishly Intense Eric Cartman Impression!

it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Eve is frightened into submission by the snubbull's Cartman impression.

All hope seems lost until our good buddy what's-his-name reappears.

He offers you your choice of three more mysterious items, each able to be used on eve. They're all free, but you may only choose one.

>Choose :
>The Umbrella of Mysteries?
>The Celery of Fortune?
>The Scarf of Destiny?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
did....did I kill the story .__.

Rep:
Level 96
No.

I'm going to post one soon. I think the idea of a story was a really cool one, but we just don't have enough people.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I tried to do another, but my skills are far too lacking lol

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
No.

I'm going to post one soon. I think the idea of a story was a really cool one, but we just don't have enough people.

Lord Stark, where is the next piece to this story? I'm waiting with Antici . . . . Pation.

did....did I kill the story .__.
No you didn't, but the choice of those three items and what effects may cause to the world, it makes one think, one must choose carefully D:

I tried to do another, but my skills are far too lacking lol
Wether your skills are lacking or not, not doing anything is worst than not doing it as nobody starts great the first times.

:I I await in anticipation, if nothing comes up, I'll post something up.

Rep:
Level 96

You choose the Scarf of Destiny!

You've heard stories of powerful monks. They would cover theirs eyes, their other senses would be heightened.

You're sure this will work.

You cover eve's eyes, but it doesn't seem right, you'll still be able to see.

You decide to cover your eyes as well.

I wonder how the battle is going.
If you could see the battle, you wouldn't be happy.
You can't see him, but the black market doctor doesn't look pleased.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:33:42 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96

That's okay, here at the pokemon center we'll restore your tired pokemon to full health.

After being placed on the strange bed, eve is revived!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:16:37 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
The nurse thanks you for your business, and asks that you return in the future.

On his merry way out the door, our naive hero is blind to the true nature of the clinic he had entered...
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(I think I ruined our innocent main character by making him look like a stoner...and shaggy from scooby doo. Same thing, pretty much. ._.)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]