RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Alternate Attack Algorithms scrips problems

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
I have a problem with rpgmaker XP 1.05 and the Alternate Attack Algorithms scripts. I have the same problem with Xelias's script AND Phoenixfire's script.

I has tested each scripts in a empty project.

For PhoenixFire

NoMethodError
Undefined method "*" for nil:NilClass

And for Xelias

NoMethodError
Undefined method "*=" for nil:NilClass

I'm not an expert in script but i don't really understand why the software make an error for that, although Game_battler 1 use that "*" without problem

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
It usually means that it can't multiply because it doesn't exist/is equal to nil.

RMRK Junior
Ok but why ? The scripts seems to not have problems in general and the both doesn't work in a new installation of rpgmakerxp and a new project. I don't understand Oo

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Actually there might be something wrong with 1.05 of xp. I remember writing a script and getting an error because I did:
Code: [Select]
def something(arg1=0,arg2)
It was fixed by doing:
def something(arg1 = 0, arg2 = 0)
So as you can see, it was an out of place syntax error, as the first version was ripped from my old 1.02 project, which worked. I think it also caused random '*' errors aswell. You have to mess with the syntax a bit, or downgrade, which is what I did.

RMRK Junior
I have a steam release, so i can't downgrade, or i don't know how. I will try to modify the syntax...

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I would actually be curious to know if either of you come up with a solution to this one. I never heard of that issue, but if there's a way to make this compatible with 1.05 too, I'll be updating my scripts with that..
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK Junior
I'm not enough skilled into Ruby and RGSS to modify. :/

I don't thing it's a problem of syntax of "*=" because we can find that sort of code :

def maxhp
    n = [[base_maxhp + @maxhp_plus, 1].max, 999999].min
    for i in @states
      n *= $data_states[i].maxhp_rate / 100.0
    end
    n = [[Integer(n), 1].max, 999999].min
    return n
  end

And there a no problem :/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:07:38 AM by Winterfell »