RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TRANSISTOR

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
hey arlen maybe if you did less drugs you wouldn't be so aggressive

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
lol, okay so those last two made me laugh, but I'm so on edge from everyone else in this thread trying to tell me how I feel and what I mean, and being wrong, that I still have this nagging urge to take you seriously and correct you.

edit:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:12:39 PM by Moss. »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU</a>
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
I'm at the part where he's explaining the combination skills. Jesus, haha.

edit: okay, that's a solid 10-15 minutes of the video, haha.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:29:29 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 96
Oh my god. This is what I was talking about with the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU#t=2106

That's fucking BEAUTIFUL! It's not just that the music is good, it emotionally ties in with the story. The protagonist is a singer who loses her voice, and when you're in "planning" mode, you hear her singing. And it's so fucking heartbreaking. A singer would feel horrible losing her voice. But we all still hear our voices in our head. Oh, I love it!

Can't wait to play it when I get home.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:04:51 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I just bought this and I'm gonna play it BEFORE ARLEN
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Enjoyable so far, having fun ;o
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
I'm playing it now, but went offline so nobody would bother me. :3

Just beat the first boss. I'm really enjoying this game. The combat is so much fun, and oh god, the music, I love the music and all the cool things they do with it. You gotta understand, I studied layered adaptive music in games when I was in college, and it was super exciting and I also had a blast writing that kind of music, but you still don't see it too often in games, or at least not done to such an extreme (and well-executed) amount like it is in this game. I'm just so happy to see it used in such a wonderful way. It's a whole new level of depth to writing music for games, and I'm also hoping that this game sheds some light on a skill that I already have, perhaps making it more desirable when people see it in my portfolio. :3

(To help dispel some of the rabid fanboyism, I'll also say that Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea Ep 2, the opening scene in Paris, also did some phenomenal things with adaptive layered music.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:21:48 AM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 96
shit EXCITES me, man!

Rep:
Level 96
Beat it 3 times, got 100% of the achievements, and I'm sad it's over. But it was definitely one of the most beautiful and memorable games I've played in a long time.

The story was super abstract, so I can understand if some people don't get in to it, but I love not having the plot handed to me. Like how Bioshock Infinite was so complicated, and not really explained until the last DLC; to be honest, I liked the story better before I played the DLC and had all the answers (though it was neat to see such a well-written tie in with the previous games). Or like FF7, in a way. That story was complicated and weird, and didn't really make complete (logical) sense, but it had such a passion and emotion to it that it didn't even matter, it pulled you in anyway. Or like LOST. I LOVED that show ... all the way up to the last 2-3 seasons, when they started giving us the answers, and it was like ... oh ... that's it? My version of the truth was better, but maybe that's just because I liked what I came up with because it was my idea.

The story isn't always handed to you, but it is there if you know where to look. You have to unlock the stories behind all the functions, and that will explain a lot of it to you. There's a lot of depth to the characters, and their motives and black stories, even though you really only meet like 4 of them. It's interesting to see a game where learning more about the story and characters is actually a reward for trying to play the game in all the different ways. In most games, I would find a comfort zone and kind of stick to it to get through the game. In Transistor, in order to learn more about the lore of the game, I HAD to move outside my comfort zone and try new combinations of attacks, and find new ways to win battles.

So yeah. Loved it. I do wish there was more, but that's not to say what's there isn't enough to warrant playing the game. I just never wanted it to end...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:47:27 AM by Moss. »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back