RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TRANSISTOR

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
4 DAYS.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT55lch6y_U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT55lch6y_U</a>

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
big eh
You're right, let's just keep releasing pokemon games over and over again. Who needs fresh and original ideas?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
This lady doesn't know how to hold a sword

but the game looks pretty rad, bastion was fun and immersive
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
The lady is just a singer, suddenly thrown in to an impossible position, she's never had any reason to hold a sword before.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I loved Bastion to death, so I'm really excited for this. The soundtrack sounds just as great as I'd expect.

Rep:
Level 96
I think I heard some neat adaptive music ideas when they showed the tech demo. Like, I think one of the premises of the game that you learn early on (mild spoilers ahead) is that the singer (main character) loses her voice. The battles consist of real time action, and there's this "freeze time, plan your moves, and press a button to execute" mode. What I heard in the tech demo, the music is playing and it's all fast and tense, but when you enter "plan you action" mode, the music changes to this slow, lounge singer-y type thing ... and you can hear the main character singing. Which really struck me. She loses her voice, but when you're planning your moves, in other words "in your head," you can hear her voice. Because we all hear our voices in our head, right? It was really profound to me for some reason, and sounded beautiful.

And a step further than that, I think I heard that the two songs were playing at the same time, actually as ONE song, but certain layers of the music were active at one point, and not at another. Like all that adaptive music stuff I've bored you all to death with before (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFpTqvaIJQ).

So there's lots of reasons I'm excited for this. If Bastion is anything to go by, the story will be excellent. The art direction is absolutely superb. The music is excellent, as well. The gameplay looked pretty cool. But if the studio actually went ahead and did some neat technical stuff with the music, like adaptive music techniques, then I may lose my goddamn mind over this game. But even if they don't, I'm sure I'm still going to love it.

Fingers crossed.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I think I heard some neat adaptive music ideas when they showed the tech demo. Like, I think one of the premises of the game that you learn early on (mild spoilers ahead) is that the singer (main character) loses her voice. The battles consist of real time action, and there's this "freeze time, plan your moves, and press a button to execute" mode. What I heard in the tech demo, the music is playing and it's all fast and tense, but when you enter "plan you action" mode, the music changes to this slow, lounge singer-y type thing ... and you can hear the main character singing. Which really struck me. She loses her voice, but when you're planning your moves, in other words "in your head," you can hear her voice. Because we all hear our voices in our head, right? It was really profound to me for some reason, and sounded beautiful.
Hah, that's actually really clever. Gotta love it when developers throw in interesting details like that.

My fingers are crossed as well, this is some really promising-looking stuff.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
big eh
You're right, let's just keep releasing pokemon games over and over again. Who needs fresh and original ideas?
thanks for expressing my opinion for me

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
no but actually i am annoyed that you decided that that's what i meant. the trailer did not interest me much and i didn't seem to find bastion quite as amazing as everyone else did.
for the record, the most recent pokemon game i've played is emerald (aside from like half an hour in diamond before i gave up because i was bored) and i'm excited about the gen 3 remakes because why the fuck shouldn't i be allowed to be. i understand the hypocrisy insinuated here, yes, but i don't see how i'm expected to make a big hype ruckus for 50 seconds of laid-back music and pretty pictures and 40 seconds of confusing gameplay footage with a husky voice saying words that don't mean anything to me played over it.

like come on, i'm not doing anything criminal here. the trailer didn't draw me in. i don't know much about the game, so i'm not going to claim i'm making an informed opinion. all i'm working with here is what the trailer showed me, and that was an isometric walking-around simulator with what promises to be an involved story. i understand that you find something to be passionate about and incredibly promising in this game. i just don't. yet, at least.

sorry for hijacking your hype thread, i'll leave now.

Rep:
Level 96
It would have been nice if you decided to articulate that so intelligently and completely in the first place, instead of just saying "big eh."  Nobody "expected" anything of you. If you weren't into it, you could have just kept your mouth shut and left. But you didn't. You came in, and fired, so I fired back. And actually, no, you didn't even say "big eh." It was "big eh" with no punctuation. You couldn't have possibly put any less effort in to conveying your opinion, but you decided to come in and convey it anyway. Because according to you, making a thread about a game I'm excited for means you need to be excited for it, too. Better get your opinion in so everyone knows it. But better do it in a way that shows no effort or any intelligent thought or argument.

I've played pokemon games. I've never been in to them. I think they're boring, and just re-hash tired old gameplay. Do you see me in your Pokemon thread? No, you don't.

Goodbye, then.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:58:56 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Arlen! Pac! You are both naughty boys! Now I have to chain you up in the get-along cage until you both apologize... Like you mean it!
:tinysmile:

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
too much assfrustration in this thread for me

Rep:
Level 96
Alright, everybody just calm down.

1.5 days!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Arlen I think you're an alright guy, but you're kind of a dick about your opinions.

:justsaiyan:

As for the game, I'm with pac. Looks like it could be cool I guess. I'm not seeing anything super impressive, but it's interesting.

Rep:
Level 96
I respect opinions when they're intelligently voiced. I don't respect trolls that come in to a thread and just say "big eh" and nothing else, and I won't put up with that bullshit. If that makes me a dick, then I'm proud to be a dick.

For the record, you're not with Pac. You actually expressed your opinion in a respectful and thoughtful way. I have no problem with that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:07:36 AM by Moss. »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Pacman wasn't "trolling" you. It wasn't a personal attack. Chill out bro. :\

Rep:
Level 96
I never considered it a personal attack. I just simply don't like people like that.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
chill out and move with it babe

Rep:
Level 96
The easiest way to "move with it" would be to stop bringing it back up. You weren't even involved, you don't need to get the last word in.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
look guy

you don't tell me

i'll decide.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
hey arlen maybe if you did less drugs you wouldn't be so aggressive

Rep:
Level 96
lol, okay so those last two made me laugh, but I'm so on edge from everyone else in this thread trying to tell me how I feel and what I mean, and being wrong, that I still have this nagging urge to take you seriously and correct you.

edit:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:12:39 PM by Moss. »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU</a>
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
I'm at the part where he's explaining the combination skills. Jesus, haha.

edit: okay, that's a solid 10-15 minutes of the video, haha.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:29:29 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 96
Oh my god. This is what I was talking about with the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymf7o5K9UU#t=2106

That's fucking BEAUTIFUL! It's not just that the music is good, it emotionally ties in with the story. The protagonist is a singer who loses her voice, and when you're in "planning" mode, you hear her singing. And it's so fucking heartbreaking. A singer would feel horrible losing her voice. But we all still hear our voices in our head. Oh, I love it!

Can't wait to play it when I get home.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:04:51 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 98
I just bought this and I'm gonna play it BEFORE ARLEN

Rep:
Level 98
Enjoyable so far, having fun ;o

Rep:
Level 96
I'm playing it now, but went offline so nobody would bother me. :3

Just beat the first boss. I'm really enjoying this game. The combat is so much fun, and oh god, the music, I love the music and all the cool things they do with it. You gotta understand, I studied layered adaptive music in games when I was in college, and it was super exciting and I also had a blast writing that kind of music, but you still don't see it too often in games, or at least not done to such an extreme (and well-executed) amount like it is in this game. I'm just so happy to see it used in such a wonderful way. It's a whole new level of depth to writing music for games, and I'm also hoping that this game sheds some light on a skill that I already have, perhaps making it more desirable when people see it in my portfolio. :3

(To help dispel some of the rabid fanboyism, I'll also say that Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea Ep 2, the opening scene in Paris, also did some phenomenal things with adaptive layered music.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:21:48 AM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 96
shit EXCITES me, man!

Rep:
Level 96
Beat it 3 times, got 100% of the achievements, and I'm sad it's over. But it was definitely one of the most beautiful and memorable games I've played in a long time.

The story was super abstract, so I can understand if some people don't get in to it, but I love not having the plot handed to me. Like how Bioshock Infinite was so complicated, and not really explained until the last DLC; to be honest, I liked the story better before I played the DLC and had all the answers (though it was neat to see such a well-written tie in with the previous games). Or like FF7, in a way. That story was complicated and weird, and didn't really make complete (logical) sense, but it had such a passion and emotion to it that it didn't even matter, it pulled you in anyway. Or like LOST. I LOVED that show ... all the way up to the last 2-3 seasons, when they started giving us the answers, and it was like ... oh ... that's it? My version of the truth was better, but maybe that's just because I liked what I came up with because it was my idea.

The story isn't always handed to you, but it is there if you know where to look. You have to unlock the stories behind all the functions, and that will explain a lot of it to you. There's a lot of depth to the characters, and their motives and black stories, even though you really only meet like 4 of them. It's interesting to see a game where learning more about the story and characters is actually a reward for trying to play the game in all the different ways. In most games, I would find a comfort zone and kind of stick to it to get through the game. In Transistor, in order to learn more about the lore of the game, I HAD to move outside my comfort zone and try new combinations of attacks, and find new ways to win battles.

So yeah. Loved it. I do wish there was more, but that's not to say what's there isn't enough to warrant playing the game. I just never wanted it to end...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:47:27 AM by Moss. »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back