RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Let's Learn Stencyl!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
     Okay guys, I've started really working hard on learning how to use stencyl to its ultimate potential, though I still have a long way to go. I thought that maybe putting out a few tutorials on the stuff I've learned so far would be beneficial to both me and the community. Irock is probably a better authority on this than I am, so if I leave any gaping holes or get anything horrendously wrong, feel free to badger him until he fixes my mistakes.  :V

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
*reserved for table of contents*

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Chapter One: The Interface

I'm kinda glossing over a lot of the interface here, so if you want a deeper look into it, check out the crash course on stencylpedia.

When you first open up stencyl, you'll be in a tab called the "Welcome Center". There's a bunch of buttons on the left that go to stencylforge downloads and social media and stuff, but for right now, let's worry about the "games" button under my projects. There should be a little grey dotted outline that says "click here to create a new game". Do that. Make it a blank game.

You will now be in a tab called the "dashboard". This dashboard is basically your home base for everything we're going to do. On the left, you'll notice that there are a bunch of things underneath the "resources" category. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory. The tricky two are the actors and the scenes. In rpg maker terms, you can think of these sort of as "events" and "maps" respectively. Kind of. There's a lot of flexibility to what you can do with an actor. Basically, if it's not a static part of the map, it should probably be an actor. We'll delve into a lot of this stuff in more detail later, but for now, let's continue on.

*will be added to later, for realsies*
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:40:27 AM by Princess Acolyte »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Chapter Two: All About Actors

*Coming Soon*

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Chapter Three: Maps n stuff

*Coming Soon*

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Chapter Four: CODEBLOCKS OHMAN :tpg:

*Coming Soon*

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
This is really cool and I've been wanting to learn Stencyl for a while so I will be following.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm interested.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&