RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Needed: Voice Actors

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I was planning on having a few lines of the game voiced out (especially attacks and such) and I was wondering if anyone could help with voice acting. I could send a script of what I need voiced and you could record/save/send me the .wav file. I am currently available to all, I don't need anyone for any specific parts seeing how the game is in extremely early development. But just post if you're interested and i'll post here when I have a few things figured out.
Gone. Just, gone. Maybe Forever.

Ooo!  Me!  I'll see what i can do, I kinda have a southern accent, but I can try to speak as "normal" as possible.
The more normal they seem in public, the more screwed up they are at home

Yup Yup!

I have a mediumish voice, so I'll be happy to helpeh! ^.^
"Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Soul Kingdom: ~||||||||||||||||||| [5% completed]

Yay! I have willing guinea pigs!.... er... Voice Actors! (I kid! I kid! hehehe). Don't worry Taters, I think an accent add's flavor to the acting. And go Tetsuo! w00t sayez ai! Okay, i'll tell you guys what I'll need one of these days. By the way, what types of characters would you be willing to voice? Major, Minor, Male, Female, Villain, Hero, Voice Over, Narrator, etc.?

Rep:
Level 91
you do realize how big everything would be. The .wav file would have to be huge, unless you use an excelent codec.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
well not really, 8-bit 22,050 Khz mono .wav files are smaller than average MP3's of the same length :) and they still sound fine :)
bringing sexy back

There's that, and I also have a compressor for wav files that reduces size, not quality, for just this type of thing. Also I won't be voicing every line. I'll be voicing their special attacks, maybe small shouts for when they attack with their weapons (think anime characters swinging their sword), and any other soon to be famous quotes.

Who's really worried about size?  It's quality of a game that matters, not how fast some schmo with dial-up gets the game.  Anyways, i've vented my frustration, can you give us an example of what you want said?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
well if you filled your game with voices, first off it'd be awesome if they were acted out decently, and secondly, if th egame got large, CD-Rs cost like, what, $0.20? maybe less :) and to mail it would cost nearly nothing, even air mail to other countries would be very cheap for something as light as a cd :)
bringing sexy back

When the time comes young Padwan Learner.... sorry... watching Episode One. Anyways, It's slong the lines of the characters just shouting their special attacks and such, I wanted to add it during the animation.

I also still need to know what types of characters would you be willing to voice? Major, Minor, Male, Female, Villain, Hero, Voice Over, Narrator, etc.,  etc., etc.?

One thing I don't understand, why is publicity of your game so important?  I'm making this for me, It's fulfilling a dream since I was like 10 (20 now) I've been programming games on a TI-86 graphing calculater, in a slighly skewed basic program language.  Is there another reason why you all make your games?

I'll have you know something Sparky!...... now I appologize if I start rambling but there is alot I have to say ebcause that just makes me frustrated and angry.

First, don't ever assume anything about me, because you'll always be wrong. This isn't for publicity, it's because I like to make sure of what's going to happen. I need to know if your up for a biger part and thus let's me come up with a small list of phrases and dialog I will need. Also I'm still trying to get my intro perfectly done.

Second, I've been creating and imagining my entire life, since I bought my first action figure to when I bought my first DnD book to when I played my first RPG Game. Believe me when I say, given a concept, I can make a game out of it in a day, how expansive it is is dependant on what resources are available, and when I found RPG Maker the world was unlocked and everything was available given time and attention for detail.

It started with a straw honestly...a d rinking straw... with Wolverine from the X-Men and one day it broke, so I pried the mutant off and thought about a world where he was sucked away from the other X-Men. I had little dinosaur erasers and other small toys and stuff and I amde into an RPG game, where he could change his claws, and he could have throwing weapons like flahs bombs and such. I think that was my earliest game that I can remember.

Then I bought a box of Metal Die Cast Marvel Superheroes, I had alot of Styrophome laying aroudn so I carved it out and would make their HQ's and stuff and fixed it all up, then I made little levels, I made items and placed them around and I drew up the maps and I had made up my own Platformer/RPG game.

But It's been like that since as far back as I can remember, and now there is someone special to me who I met two years ago, and we have been inseperable and now I have someone to imagine with, I the controler, and I have my player to challenge. So I decided to make an RPG dedicated to that person, and that is what this is. A game for someone else...

A game that has to be perfect for someone special, not you, not me, not anyone in these forums or in the entire world other than that person.

So never assume anything I do is merely for fame or other empty emotion or idea like that!

Boy, story of my and most people here life.  But yeah, who knew I would strike such a sensitive chord to start that layered defense, oh well.  Another thing I don't get, RPG maker is quite limited, but I too am taken by a program called Fruity Loops and its addictive creative reward.  Too each his own?  Or is there really a difference?  Pride and the need to explain ones eccentricies, leaves one hollow ass person.

Yeah, I got my girlfriend who lives with me in my apartment addicted to RPG maker.

Limited in what way? Anything can be done with time and knowledge and an attention to detail, but as you said, to each his own. Also, the tidbit of how hollow you feel and your girlfriend really aren't neccesary... or let me say it in terms you can understand...

"LIMIETD IN WUT WAY???!?!?!? ANYTHNG CAN B DONE WIT TIEM AND KNOWLEDGE AND AN ATENTION 2 D3TALE BUT AS U SADE 2 EACH HIS OWN1!1!!1! LOL ALSO DA TIDBIT OF HOW HOLOW U FEL AND UR GIRLFREIND RILLY AERNT N3CASARY"

Gotta lvoe that hacker/AOL talk.

Rep:
Level 102
Well you've both got diffrent opinions here, I'd say just leave it and forget about it.... :wink:

BUMP'd
bringing sexy back

Also, the tidbit of how hollow you feel and your girlfriend really aren't neccesary... or let me say it in terms you can understand...

WTF, I guess you're just playing kids games, because that line I wrote wasn't about myself.  Say you're not playing games, maybe some people just like to not read things well.  I must say, that was a nice way to try to annoy the hell out of me by writing like that, really captures the retardedness of some people, not saying you are retarded, but I know you'll interpret that in that way, 'cause you don't read well.

I'd love to do some voices for you.

id love to help u i speak very good english and i could play major role and male plzz

Well, if you really need a VA, I can do the creepy Mandy (Grim adventures) and Raven voice.
If you are what you eat, i'll be you by morning.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
if your still ooking for voice actors, count me in! I'll do anyone male!

I ahve experiance with voice acting, so i'm a sttep aheaf on this already!
At least I have chicken.
--------------------------------------------------------

Rep:
Level 91
Sorry for the late replie i just started this forum yestorday but i am a good voice actor and can do almost any voice.. that is if your still looking for people if not good luck on your game. :D

My Computer
I AM WILLING TO HELP
I WANT TO PLAY A MAJOR ROLE
JUST E-MAIL ME THE LINES

AND ITS AS GOOD AS DONE  :lol:  :lol:  :o  :o

MY EMAIL: (ALL SMALL LETTERS) erok05@yahoo.com :wink:
I am the master of my digital way of life...

If you need a teen's/childs voice, I would love to help. becuase I'm only 13, I have a higher pitched voice. I hope you have a part for me. Thanks!
Current project: The demon powers
A project Just being used so I can practice using rpg maker

Rep:
Level 91
-.- ok i know some ppl won't understand why i am saying that , but please please please

STOP BUMPING MONTHS OLD TOPICS UP

(he is more than likely not looking for actors anymore and usually ppl won't bother looking in the date if the reply is new and will try their luck for no point)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: Ars Arcana
I was planning on having a few lines of the game voiced out (especially attacks and such) and I was wondering if anyone could help with voice acting. I could send a script of what I need voiced and you could record/save/send me the .wav file. I am currently available to all, I don't need anyone for any specific parts seeing how the game is in extremely early development. But just post if you're interested and i'll post here when I have a few things figured out.
Oh that would be cool, i would like to yell out attacks when ever you use'em but i dont have a talker thingy.
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I sound silly, so I don't know, plus I have no mic :P
But I have a few friends that could help. Also, make sure everyones is good at acting, you don't want them to sound like the bad actors at www.audioatrocities.com These people were horrible...

Rep:
Level 91
don't post in dead topics either
holy shit my sig was big!