RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
rmxp > aion

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Heya all :)

I plan on making a more or less linear rpg that will record/tell the tale all the great and funny events/past glory lived by many friends and I during the initial release of aion. (Before we get old and forget all those awesome memories!)

I used to be an avid rm2k3 user but this time I think I will use rmxp.

However, I am having a hard time fumbling through all the scripts and resources trying to decide what I might need; so if it is ok I will try to explain the game plan (pun intended) and see what you veterans think. :)

:: I would like the battle system to resemble something like zelda so that the battles don't take you away from current screen.

:: I would like to emulate an open world

:: Using a mouse to click skills similar to an mmo; is this what the XAS mouse action system does?

:: a random number generator would be amazing.

:: an mmo exp bar would also be neat.

Thank you guys for listening. :)

PS: If rpg maker ACE would be better for what I am doing, feel free to let me know why, because I am not apposed to changing; I just want the game to be the best I can make it. 

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
:: I would like the battle system to resemble something like zelda so that the battles don't take you away from current screen.
What you're looking for is an ABS (Action Battle System). Google RMXP ABS. As far as I'm aware, the two most prominent options are Blizz-ABS and XAS ABS. These scripts are generally very intensive to get working, but are quite appealing to players if executed correctly.

:: I would like to emulate an open world
No script or resource will pull this off for you: this is entirely influenced by design decisions. 'Open world' can mean different things to different people - it'd probably be better if you clarify exactly what you're trying to pull off.

:: a random number generator would be amazing.
There is already a pseudo-random number generator built in to Ruby - the "rand" function. This will return a random float value. For more information, read this.

:: an mmo exp bar would also be neat.
This would not be difficult to create, if I understand what you mean (an experience gauge that changes in real time near the bottom of the screen is what I imagined).

PS: If rpg maker ACE would be better for what I am doing, feel free to let me know why, because I am not opposed to changing; I just want the game to be the best I can make it. 
Ace is currently more supported by the community at large than XP, so if you end up having to seek personalised scripts you're less likely to find help, I believe. However, the functions you are looking for will likely run smoother on Ace, but should probably be fine on XP anyway.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 32
RMRK Junior
Get to know more about this content.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Read alot this post.

Rep:
Level 25
RMRK Junior
I love and want to read something useful like this always.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Wow. Is this thread a spambot magnet or what? ._.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]