RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
1,000 pokemon have been caught :D

You should give out a prize to the person who caught the 1000th pokemon.

It should be a shiny version of the pokemon they caught.

No way to find out who it was, I don't and won't log who catches what in the aim of simplicity.

Implementing the red/gold/ruby and blue/silver/sapphire etc version stuff now.

All trainers will get a random version assigned to them the next time they encounter a pokemon. After the update arrives.

A link to the bulbapedia article for each pokemon will be shown, version is represented by a big bullet point (same for trainers), and fixed the weird alignment / line breaking in the pokemon selector dropdown :police:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:32:19 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Big update has landed - versions, trading, gen3 pokemon  :)

Some things on the to-do list now:

• Make some way to compare someone else's collection against yours
  • Offer a full trade log for users, "My trade history" or something
  • Make a page that lists which pokemon are restricted to which version
bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Nice poke ball animation. I just bagged a torkoal!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I got a rock.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Individual Pokemon pages don't show me which version they belong to (that little colored dot doesn't appear next to their name but it does appear next to mine on my profile - Tyrian ftw).

Also, is there some sort of notification to inform you when someone has initiated a trade with you, or do you just have to check yourself?

Rep:
Level 102
Individual Pokemon pages don't show me which version they belong to (that little colored dot doesn't appear next to their name but it does appear next to mine on my profile - Tyrian ftw).

Also, is there some sort of notification to inform you when someone has initiated a trade with you, or do you just have to check yourself?

Most pokemon have no version. You'll only see it on pokemon that are exclusive to a particular version. Sandslash, for example.

Whoever creates a trade uses the link to that created trade as an invite link of sorts; they'll send it to you. Users have a maximum amount of simultaneous trades allowed, and it won't become an active trade for you until you accept the trade. From then on, it appears in a list of active trades in the trade center :)
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I'm liseran...... 

Blegh lol

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Which pokemon are exclusive to which version?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I AM GOING TO LOVE THIS SKITTY FOREVER AND EVER OH MY GOD :gracie: :gracie: :gracie: :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
Mmmmmmm data handling.

Now busy on a list function, to list all trainers by certain parameters.

Total pokemon asc/desc
Total seen asc/desc
pokedex size asc/desc
trades performed asc/desc
total catches asc/desc
total sightings asc/desc
all trainers of a certain version
trainer start time oldest/newest

I think that's it. When I've got and arranged everything, a user's data looks like this:

Code: [Select]
   [3] => Array
        (
            [trainerpic] => 1
            [pokemon] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 36
                    [1] => 48
                    [2] => 57
                    [3] => 282
                    [4] => 304
                    [5] => 304
                )

[seen] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 1.3
                    [1] => 16
                    [2] => 18
                    [3] => 18.3
                    [4] => 52.3
                    [5] => 79
                    [6] => 101
                    [7] => 129
                )

[dex] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 1
                    [1] => 5
                    [2] => 16
                    [3] => 18
                    [4] => 36
                    [5] => 48
                    [6] => 52
                    [7] => 57
                    [8] => 61
                    [9] => 73
                    [10] => 79
                    [11] => 90
                    [12] => 113
                    [13] => 158
                    [14] => 183
                    [15] => 195
                    [16] => 233
                    [17] => 238
                    [18] => 282
                    [19] => 304
                )

[starttime] => 1393025100
            [lastcaught] => 1394916211
            [trades] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 9
                    [1] => 10
                    [2] => 11
                    [3] => 12
                    [4] => 14
                    [5] => 15
                )

[fave] => 282
            [badges] =>
            [catches] => 6
            [sightings] => 8
            [lastsaw] =>
            [lastkey] =>
            [opentrade] => 1
            [opentrades] =>
            [version] => 2
            [name] => admin3
            [id] => 3
            [total_pokemon] => 6
            [total_dex] => 20
            [total_seen] => 8
            [total_trades] => 6
        )
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Most pokemon have no version. You'll only see it on pokemon that are exclusive to a particular version. Sandslash, for example.

Whoever creates a trade uses the link to that created trade as an invite link of sorts; they'll send it to you. Users have a maximum amount of simultaneous trades allowed, and it won't become an active trade for you until you accept the trade. From then on, it appears in a list of active trades in the trade center :)

Okay, gotcha.

I think there's an error though. I've been assigned Tyrian, but I encountered and caught a Pokemon exclusive to Liseran: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?pokemon=336

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I went to RMRKMon, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt caught a Minun just now.

Yeeess, I wanted one of these for so long. <3

Rep:
Level 102

Okay, gotcha.

I think there's an error though. I've been assigned Tyrian, but I encountered and caught a Pokemon exclusive to Liseran: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?pokemon=336

Yeah, ooops.

if ($version == 1) $blocked = 1;
   else $blocked = 2;

How did I even type that without noticing it's wrong  :anski2:
bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
You're human. Given the complexity of the task you've undertaken, I'm impressed that that was the only error.

Rep:
Level 97
No big deal anyway~

Rep:
Level 102
Speaking of which, the list function I'm busy on now is only technically feasible after making my own functions to grab data from SMF. SMF provides built in functions when you're integrating with it to easily get stuff like a user's account data, but it gives you literally every last thing about their account. When querying for 10+ users it's pages and pages of data, 99% of which I'm throwing away. Now my own function just grabs the username + buddy list in less than 1/100th the time. So I feel safe querying triple, even quadruple digit numbers of usernames :blizj:  ;8
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Did you change the anti-spamming cooldown from capture rate to encounter rate?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
Nope, I want to do something a bit more elegant.
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Fair enough, it's just really punishing towards people who browse the site often as it is right now.

Rep:
Level 102
Remember not to take it too seriously.

In other news, got the rudimentary list page up and running.

A glaring bug is the catchings / sightings, for 2 reasons. First is that I didn't always keep a personal tally for each trainer of catch / encounter events, second is that for a while all new trainers had null default values instead of zero, so the count wouldn't increase anyway. Counts fine now though, will even out over time ;8

And it counts having 0 pokemon as having 1, since count(array) = 1;. Will fix that too =o

So for now, HaloOfTheSun has the biggest dex. He's packing a huge dex :drsword:.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:49:01 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yeah it's just a little annoying when you view the site a lot, and you're supposed to be having fun with a feature, but it grows more annoying than fun due to it almost punishing activity.  Nothing -has- to be done, but it is a little frustrating, which I think defeats the purpose of a fun feature.

Also, it gets confused when I open multiple threads at once ( which I sometimes do ), and I think that screws up the session variables.

Rep:
Level 102
There can only ever be one or no pokemon in your session; any new ones overwrite any older ones. It's literally $sessiondata['seenpokemon'] = $encounter.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
So I'm busy generating and tallying up scores for offered pokemon in a trade, here's how it stands now:

1) Each pokemon in an offer has its encounter rate inverted from 100. So for example, a 75% encounter rate zubat leaves only 25 as a base starting score.
2) The score is then doubled, just to push differences apart further.
3) If the pokemon is version limited, it gets another 50 added to its score.
4) If the pokemon is shiny, its score is multiplied by an arbitrarily chosen 12.5x.

Each pokemon in a trade can be hovered over to see its score. So at the end of this, a pidgeot is worth 90, a gardevoir 140, a charmeleon 120. A shiny charmeleon is worth 1,500.

Of course, much of the value from trading is sentimental, friendship based or some other reason that means the actual rarity of the pokemon is irrelevant. So it's just a little number in the corner, and each pokemon's individual score is hidden until you hover over its name. Just helps at a glance if you're wondering how rare the particular pokemon is. Also, pokemon in a trade now link to their info pages.

And there's now a link to IRC when in a trade :)
bringing sexy back