RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
The problem with evolution stones is that it opens a whole can of worms handling evolution. Taking Eevee for example, many of its Eeveelutions don't use stones but other means, such as Espeon when leveled up both with a high friendship statistic and during the day or morning. Both concepts way outside the scope of RMRKMon.

As for custom pokemon, the question of what IDs to use for them would crop up. Eventually over time we'll add newer gens of pokemon, and Nintendo will I assume continue to release games. Giving them IDs way higher than any likely pokemon would break a load of functions that expect consistent IDs (lists, RNGs). This is technically why missingno. exists in RMRKMon, just to offset from the default array key of 0 :P

I have thought about evolution before, but by another means. Being online for extended periods of time or making posts gives you EXP points, which you can then spend on evolving a pokemon. For each pokemon, I'd store an "evolves from" field and then you could go to a page to spend your EXP - if any pokemon evolve from any of yours.
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to evolution, but if it complicates things, I don't think it'd be all that necessary. ;9

Otherwise, not really any complaints. I still love the system - with or without it. :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
The problem with evolution stones is that it opens a whole can of worms handling evolution. Taking Eevee for example, many of its Eeveelutions don't use stones but other means, such as Espeon when leveled up both with a high friendship statistic and during the day or morning. Both concepts way outside the scope of RMRKMon.

As for custom pokemon, the question of what IDs to use for them would crop up. Eventually over time we'll add newer gens of pokemon, and Nintendo will I assume continue to release games. Giving them IDs way higher than any likely pokemon would break a load of functions that expect consistent IDs (lists, RNGs). This is technically why missingno. exists in RMRKMon, just to offset from the default array key of 0 :P

I have thought about evolution before, but by another means. Being online for extended periods of time or making posts gives you EXP points, which you can then spend on evolving a pokemon. For each pokemon, I'd store an "evolves from" field and then you could go to a page to spend your EXP - if any pokemon evolve from any of yours.
I was thinking we could just have a generic evolutionary stone that works on every pokemon with an evolved form, despite that not being canonical. Also thought about getting them by posting, which might encourage more activity, or at least make the system deeper than being pure RNG. I think that's a good route to go, whether or not we actually use evolutionary stones.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

I was thinking we could just have a generic evolutionary stone that works on every pokemon with an evolved form, despite that not being canonical. Also thought about getting them by posting, which might encourage more activity, or at least make the system deeper than being pure RNG. I think that's a good route to go, whether or not we actually use evolutionary stones.

Rare Candies.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
An unusual glitch has appeared!

Was browsing this morning on my 3DS when I happened upon a shiny Abra. Tried tapping the picture several times but I couldn't get it to respond and catch it in time. Checking my Pokemon out now on the PS3 though, I noticed I now have TWO shiny Abra's and a regular one that I can't remember if I had before.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
An unusual glitch has appeared!

Was browsing this morning on my 3DS when I happened upon a shiny Abra. Tried tapping the picture several times but I couldn't get it to respond and catch it in time. Checking my Pokemon out now on the PS3 though, I noticed I now have TWO shiny Abra's and a regular one that I can't remember if I had before.

The encountering / catching is done through jQuery javascript AJAX requests. I severely doubt the abilities of Nintendo's browser.

Also, catching (or failing to catch) a pokemon clears the encounter. There's no way you can capture twice from one encounter. That's why the capture href is so simple: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?ajax=capture. I'll have a look at some stuff =o

[edit] I guess there is a tiny (I'm talking ~sub 20 millisecond) window where you could initiate two captures from one encounter, as the data is only cleared after the database queries are all done. If your 3DS lagged up and sent multiple requests at exactly the same time I suppose it's plausible.

I've just changed this in the code though, so after the next update, it's utterly impossible.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:05:13 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Glitch report: I encountered a Primeape today but when I captured it the system gave me a dragonaire instead. I think there may be a typo glitch somewhere regarding these two pokemon.

Rep:
Level 102
Glitch report: I encountered a Primeape today but when I captured it the system gave me a dragonaire instead. I think there may be a typo glitch somewhere regarding these two pokemon.

This happens when one encounter overwrites another. When you try and capture it's always from your latest encounter. If you're using multiple tabs and encounter pokemon on those multiple tabs, this will happen.

Dragonair is cooler than primeape too, so be happy :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:33:00 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Dragonaire is cooler than primeape too, so be happy :)

Oh, I am. It was shiny too, so I'm much happier with this outcome.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
[edit] I guess there is a tiny (I'm talking ~sub 20 millisecond) window where you could initiate two captures from one encounter, as the data is only cleared after the database queries are all done. If your 3DS lagged up and sent multiple requests at exactly the same time I suppose it's plausible.

I've just changed this in the code though, so after the next update, it's utterly impossible.

This totally explains Halo's high capture rate. I knew he was cheating :mad: 

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
If that were true then I would have doubles of everything :mad:

Your post had a Shellder but he escaped me :mad:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
I think halo just got lucky when shinies were first added; their chance was 5%. Now it's 2% chance to be shiny, and once the trading update arrives it'll be 1% =o

Also I caught a shiny Porygon2 earlier, but it was on the local test copy of RMRK ;9
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I reckon there should be a badge for capturing a whole generation, made easier once trading is involved.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I think halo just got lucky when shinies were first added; their chance was 5%. Now it's 2% chance to be shiny, and once the trading update arrives it'll be 1% =o

Also I caught a shiny Porygon2 earlier, but it was on the local test copy of RMRK ;9

That and shinies aren't affected by the cooldown. Every time I've caught a shiny it's been right after a caught a regular one. I've been getting lucky with encounters too. I see one on nearly every page I look at, and since I don't really visit RMRK all that often the chances of capturing it are high.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
That's why the capture href is so simple: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?ajax=capture.

Just as a thought, is this query page specific? I clicked on it, and caught a pokemon, yet, the pokemon was not on this page... So, not sure if that counts as a bug report or not, but something to look into?
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 102
An encountered pokemon is stored in your server-side session. RMRK's SMF sessions are currently set to expire/refresh after 45 minutes. Your session refreshing invalidates any encounter (ran away message), or if you attempt a capture the encounter is dropped. Part of your session data is what you see on the end of special links like the logout links; that jumble of letters and numbers. When that changes, your session has updated.

If you've encountered but missed / not attempted to capture a pokemon then it'll still hang around in your session until it periodically refreshes or you overwrite it with another encounter. Hitting the capture URL runs the capture process on your session, so you caught it =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
oh wow, so that link is the lazy members way to play lolz... I caught a caterpie with it =p
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 102
1,000 pokemon have been caught :D
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Hooray slavery! :D

Rep:
Level 102
Lol. Anyway, I was planning to hold back trading until April, though it may land on the 19th - when that Version poll ends :)
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
GOD BLESS A FREAKING MILK COW I've missed every single pokemon I've tried to catch today :mad:

will we be able to gift? was a decision ever made on that? 

Edit: made my post, scrolled up, and finally caught one. Sheesh~

Rep:
Level 102
The trading center is just for ... trading, but I could whip up a little gift function.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
If it is not too much trouble that would be awesome. Please and thank you :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
1,000 pokemon have been caught :D

You should give out a prize to the person who caught the 1000th pokemon.

It should be a shiny version of the pokemon they caught.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I caught an arbok, and then I realized that strike logged himself in on my laptop.  :mad: