RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
that's less convenient than using a good browser 24/7

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dude. Chrome. I was an IE guy for a loooong time until a virus caused me to try a different browser.

Anyway, just caught my first one, this seems fun, good show and all that.

EDIT: Okay, I just spent more time than I'd like to admit to hunting for Pokemon. This is fun. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:35:12 PM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
IE is also not very secure.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Insecure Explorer? hurr hurr...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Actually, Dr. Mc's birthday got me thinking... why don't we give someone a free shiny/pokemon on their birthday? =o

(also shinys will be a great idea for prizes and stuff!) ;o;

(note: I had this posted in the other thread but deleted and reposted) :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I like that idea

*seconds the motion*
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Cooldown system mostly complete, was not enabled for this update. TDS is a dick, cooldown / capture blocking system is now top priority. After which, pokemon deletion. Which will be tested on TDS.

I'm sorry, I wasn't really trying to be a dick. I was just trying to get a Squirtle. All I did was press F5 + search the word "appeared" which only took a few seconds to find a pokemon on the page. If you want people to bypass the trick you could use an image to denote the appearance of the pokemon rather than using plain text which is easy to track (Not needed for the actual name since it's not feasible to track the name of the pokemon). Again, I'm sorry about what I did. I was not aware I was being such a big problem and I'll stop using the system.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
spamming it was just sorta against the spirit of the system. it's not supposed to be an instant gratification thing

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Strike basically hit the nail on the head.  Back during first testing I wanted to see if there was any diminishing returns so I pointed the refreshing method out to Roph.  I'm glad to see a cooldown system being implemented.  It would suck if everyone had all 251 of them before we implemented trading.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I always anticipated a jerk would try spamming threads to try and mass-capture which is why I generate & send a key along with the ajax encounter request. For now it's unused, though eventually it will also rate-limit your encounters.

The cooldown on capture is already implemented.

Also, I'm aware of a little bug where your sightings page section will list double pokemon if you've seen a normal & shiny variant. I'll fix it and make the shiny version appear shiny :)

Also in the next update, the "owned pokemon" page will be the default view on a trainer's profile.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Spamming takes the fun out of it, I think. It's way more rewarding to catch one by simply browsing... like that's ever stopped anyone from using an exploit in a game. Yes, controls ought to be put on.

BTW, TDS, I don't think you were being a jerk.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I think the Pokemon avatars are throwing some people off and making them think they've seen Pokemon. ;9 I've heard more than a couple people say that.

Well, ninetales avatar, it's been fun. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Here's how the release area should look like:

That pika ;9
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
;_; pikachu wants to wake up ash cause he turned to stone ;________;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I think the Pokemon avatars are throwing some people off and making them think they've seen Pokemon. ;9 I've heard more than a couple people say that.

Well, ninetales avatar, it's been fun. :V
I missed a pokemon or two before because .. well I will load a page, quickly scroll through to see if a pokemon shows up, then read the new entries. But with all of the pokemon avatars sometimes I still didn't see them in time to catch them ;9 

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Also when a page takes you to the last seen reply you have a chance of missing one if it spawns on a higher post.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Yup, thus the reason I scroll through and then read the posts, just caught Alakazam by scrolling to the top of this page before reading your reply xD  lol  ^_^

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Can you implement microtransactions that reset your cooldown? Thanks.

Rep:
Level 102
Can you implement microtransactions that reset your cooldown? Thanks.

This isn't EA's Pokemon Keeper :madcop:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Also in the next update, you will be able to click on pokemon to see who else owns it  :gracie:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
that's less convenient than using a good browser 24/7

...switched over and I've been using FF by default the past couple days.. It's working out okay, though now I have to go in and import all my favorites lolz
Yup, thus the reason I scroll through and then read the posts, just caught Alakazam by scrolling to the top of this page before reading your reply xD  lol  ^_^

That's pretty much what I do too lmao.. That's how I caught ALL except my shiny so far hahaha
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I keep forgetting to hunt first and read later. I've missed out on two and failed to capture four so far! Although, the escapees were probably due to the difficulty multiplier. I have been quite the forum potato this evening.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:19:56 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I can't seem to update my trainer image, for some reason. :O

Rep:
Level 102
I struggled with updating mine as well, so I assume it's because of the same reason. When you select the trainer, keep your mouse inside the trainer pane so it doesn't collapse and hit the update button inside said pane at the bottom, rather than the one under the favorite pokemon pane. I didn't know there was one in the trainer pane because I didn't scroll all the way down to see it and it auto collapsed before I ever could.