RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Please use this thread only for feedback / ideas / complaints / suggestions / insults and the like in regards to the pokemon system :)

If you're commenting about a specific change, please link to the post in the changelog. Helps for future reference.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
needs more mudkip
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Posts in this board now have 4x the chance of spawning a pokemon  :gracie:
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Settings page doesn't work for me when picking new trainer pic. Doesn't even highlight the new pic. Tried to pick several other pics to be sure it wasn't one pic glitching, but I can't change the pic at all =/
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I saw a Metapod on Roph's second post, clicked it and then it told me I'd captured a Kabutops. I was happy but confused.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Posts in this board now have 4x the chance of spawning a pokemon  :gracie:

I was about to comment that I haven't seen one all day.

Thanks Drowzee.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I haven't seen one all day. ;9

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I feel foolish for saying this, I think I'm just overlooking it, but I can't...actually find these options for trainer image and such? Do I have to catch at least one pokemon first or something? Now that I think about it, I could almost swear I've never actually seen one.

EDIT: FOUND THE POKEBALL, AND MY BRAIN.

But I still would assert that I don't think I've ever seen one. I have noscript, but RMRK is allowed. I have ABP, but I don't THINK I have anything blocked from RMRK itself in there... what's up with that? :O

EDITEDIT: Because apparently until today, I wasn't a trainer. I'm just...gonna be quiet now.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:09:13 PM by Arrow »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I haven't seen one all day. ;9

I found a hitmonlee under this post just now, lol

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Settings page doesn't work for me when picking new trainer pic. Doesn't even highlight the new pic. Tried to pick several other pics to be sure it wasn't one pic glitching, but I can't change the pic at all =/

There's an update button in the favorite 'mon box, and an update button in the trainer box.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
This is probably something you have planned, but I think it would be neat to be able to see a list of people who have a specific Pokemon. Basic example: I own Xatu, so clicking on its image displays a list of users who also own Xatu. Clicking on Pokemon you've only seen would also show users who actually own it, which would be useful for whenever you decide to implement trading.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
This is probably something you have planned, but I think it would be neat to be able to see a list of people who have a specific Pokemon. Basic example: I own Xatu, so clicking on its image displays a list of users who also own Xatu. Clicking on Pokemon you've only seen would also show users who actually own it, which would be useful for whenever you decide to implement trading.

Almost word for word from my to-do list :O
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
I saw a Metapod on Roph's second post, clicked it and then it told me I'd captured a Kabutops. I was happy but confused.

That's.. odd. And doesn't make sense. From sighting to capture, the pokemon is stored in your session data. Whether you capture or fail to capture, the pokemon is cleared. If you take so long to capture that your session has changed or expired, it's hidden behind the "ran away!" message, as opposed to a failed capture ("escaped!").

How long did you take before viewing / capturing? I can try adding some additional checks either way.

[edit] Actually, if you had multiple tabs open and saw a metapod on one and a kabutops on the second, whichever one you saw most recently would be tried in the capturing. I can't think of any other way this would happen - when you encounter a new pokemon, your pokemon session data is explicitly cleared refreshed with the newly encountered pokemon. You can't have more than one active encounter going on. A new one overwrites an old one.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:02:08 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Since we're probably doing a reset anyway, I think it'd be cool if we got to choose starters.

Rep:
Level 102
Since we're probably doing a reset anyway, I think it'd be cool if we got to choose starters.

I thought about having starters, but then after that would probably come a request for evolution, maybe even battling etc. It's a minigame, I don't want it to become that complex ._.

That's one reason the lists of pokemon are displayed like trading cards - think of them more like that  :drsword:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You're supposed to have battles with the cards. >:(

Rep:
Level 102
Well these are for collecting :mad:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Alright, so fyi.. The trainer section does not seem to work in IE (as in, I cannot change my trainer avatar in settings). however, the favorite pokemon section works fine. I switched to Firefox and they both work fine..

Rep:
Level 102
I don't even bother testing in IE lol. I'll take a look some time. Why would you use IE?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Believe it or not, it actually works perfectly fine for me... I see no reason not to use it. It's just as fact as the others, works on all the same sites and such.. I only switch to Firefox to make use of a downloader plugin =p

Rep:
Level 102
IE is the bane of web developers' lives. Sites may look and run fine in it to you, but only because the guy(s) behind them have slaved over fixing and accounting for stupid inconsistencies and errors from IE. Fuck IE.

I must concede that Microsoft has improved it a lot in recent years, but there is still no reason to use it over chrome or firefox.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
IE is the bane of web developers' lives.

...I know, I actually AM a developer myself, so I know what you mean. I simply meant that it's convenient for me to use as the default. If something doesn't work for me, then yes, I swap on over to firefox and that usually fixes it =p