RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
You Are Disabled

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You Are Disabled
Play
Ludum Dare Entry

You Are Disabled is a platformer where your character is plagued with a random disability at birth, seen as inferior by humanity and discarded underground. Your character must deal with his/her disability and escape.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:39:24 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Moved to full board due to completion.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It's cool. Hard.

Is it even possible to finish the game as a cripple? Or, for that matter, as a spastic or nearly blind?
Basically what I'm asking is do players only have a 25% chance of being able to, like, actually do anything?

Also, if it's not much trouble, I'd love to know exactly what being spastic does to the game, i.e. how the movement changes work.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:14:23 AM by Pac »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Spastic makes you randomly fuck off in different directions sometimes.
I finished the game as a cripple, but I don't think it's the "true" ending.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Great game.  I love gameplay being used to show meaning rather than narrative.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Spastic makes you randomly fuck off in different directions sometimes.
Yeah, but I'm interested in how the behaviour was actually implemented.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Finished a few modes. The only thing I have to say is that the jumping needs a bit of work. It feels stuck sometimes and it's hard to make precise jumps in a few instances (mostly fireball rooms with tiny platforms).

I'll put this in a spoiler just case people don't want to know about exploits.
Spoiler for:
While doing illiterate I noticed you could skip most of the last rooms by just going through the ceiling on the room below and falling down in the last room.

On the one before this one you can also just jump over the barrier and time it to land on the square.

Rep:
Level 102
Thanks everyone.

@Pacman: Every 90 to 600 game loops (100 game loops per second) either left, right, jump, jump left or jump right is selected randomly. It simulates a key press for left and right and after some random period of time, simulates a key release. Jumping uses a boolean because for some reason the simulated key press for the jump behavior wasn't working. The simulated key press approach carries a bug with it; the key never releases if you switch scenes. I think I'll fix that in the patch I'm going to do.

@TDS: that's the best glitch.

This was featured on the Newgrounds home page, which is very cool. I've always respected Newgrounds because they're not afraid of embracing different or even offensive stuff (unless you make a pro-gun control game about a school shooting). A lot of people absolutely hate my game, so I'm glad it still made it up there.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Well done! I was Illiterate. Now I have to play through again to see what the signs said...
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Crippled. Man. Is. So. Slow.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
This game is brilliant, and you deserve that frontpage Irock.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yeah, quite honestly I don't understand the 3 star rating, the game is impeccably designed and astonishing for 3 days. Congratulations on the lots and lots of views it's had in such a short time, and on front page. That's awesome.

A lot of people absolutely hate my game
but whhhhyyyyy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:44:10 AM by Pac »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Probably some social justice warriors or something.

CHECK YOUR ABLEIST PRIVILEGE SHITLORD

Rep:
Level 102
It's mostly people complaining about the game being too hard. They either don't understand the intent or don't care.

VERSION 1.1

- Added a way to restart with a different disability from the first room
- Made it so you respawn on the side of the room you came from
- Got rid of unintended annoyances while playing Spastic
- Added an indication right before a tic when playing Spastic
- Made lava bubble hitbox a little smaller
- Shameless self promotion links when clicking "A Game By Cory Martin"
- Fixed a typo
- Other minor tweaks
- Secret

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
I just played the game. I reached a point at which I was too frustrated to move on and gave up. I think you have done a great job of portraying a message through game medium.

Enex: The Hero's Shadow, a game which boasts past 40 hours of gameplay!

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
A very good game! Thumbs up!