RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] CTRL+ALT RE

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
CTRL+ALT RE

PROJECT DEVELOPMENT

█   The Project Development Spoiler contains the most up to date
                    █   information, notes, snippets, trials and demos. It also contains
                    █   abundant spoilers. (Major spoilers are all in their own, ahem,
                    █   spoilers) Nevertheless, it is recommended you view this thread
                    █   to get a deeper understanding of the project and how I'm going
                    █   about doing it all.

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Characters
Spoiler for:
Playable Characters
Spoiler for:
Party Members
Pets, Thought Forms and Servitors
Spoiler for:
There are many opportunities to acquire pets, all of which can be used in combat and in game events. They can be found, bought, rescued etc.

There are 25 Pets in total, Five of these are ‘Self-Aware’.
There are 9 Servitors, all of which become ‘Self-Aware’ through frequent ‘Summoning’
There are Four ‘Self-Aware’ thought forms, two developed by the player, two more belonging to other party members.
Most Enemies can be caught for practice fights or sale, or Tamed as pets. These pets have limited uses on the battlefield but can be excellent support for in game events, and can be released or sold when they are no longer needed. 2 of these will be requested by party members and releasing them will negatively impact your relationship, giving them as gifts will positively impact the relationship and trigger additional quests.
Spoiler for:
Gods

Based on the race choice of the player, the player starts in one of two locations, Legionaires begin in a large city on the cusp of war, enlisted unwillingly they must bid their mother and friends farewell before boarding the transportation pad that will take them into battle.

Syrisies and origin will both begin at an outpost in the desert, applying for citizenship into the loray kingdom, both characters will be present regardless of choice. The non-player character will, however, be declined and sent out into the desert.

If Leginaire is not played, he/she will die on the battlefield and their name will appear on the monument in their honor, their mother will commit suicide and the house will be up for sale for other player characters.

If origin is not played, he/she will be denied citizenship and will be met as a boss battle close to the end of the game, having gone insane. The player will have a choice to kill her and allow her to be reincarnated as a new entity, or trap her indefinitely in her own trap.

If Sirysian is not played you will meet him/her as the head of a neutral bandit group where you may buy their wares and they will tell you how much they hate the loray kingdom for sending them into the deserts to die alone.

Every time you meet a romance able Character or party member fully detailed/background image displays and scrolls up slowly to reveal the lower half of the image, This screen would then fade away and their portrait would be displayed.

For romance able characters - once romance is initiated, after romance becomes solid(married?) and once the games ends, an image will be displayed of character in different scenarios.
ONE ADDITIONAL for adult gameplay enabled- tasteful sex scene.

Playable Character specific content. Personality types, images similar to full detailed character portraits/event scenes.

Plot heavily impacted by relationships with all characters, different character progression based on choices.

Everything player related MUST FEEL AND BE SIGNIFICANT

OFFICIAL PROJECT

█   The sales pitch, the sugar coated, graphically impressive
                    █   finalized bits and bobs. This is updated infrequently and
                    █   contains no spoilers.
Spoiler for:

CTRL+ALT RE is about a world on the precipice of Industrial revolution, but things are very different
to what they seem and the change the world is fighting for is vastly different from expectation. In
just ten short years the leading Industries have destroyed many of the world’s natural resources and
irreversibly damaged the economy. The populace is unaware of this and gradually the leading
companies are furthering their control. Terms like privacy, alone and safe are no more factual than
the tales of fairies and dragons, there is no singular, simply a whole consisting of many, many,
ignorant pawns following a false king.

Day by day the world grows weaker and the rich and powerful only gain more, while the backbone of
their economy grow poorer, die younger, starve, all in the hopes of completing the one things that
can save them all, project Lucile.  A secret project that will make everyone’s lives easier, it will
eliminate illness, stop disease, no more war, poverty, sadness. All these things may be true, but
unknown to all is the fact that Lucile exists for a singular primary goal. To eliminate the unnecessary.
To cleanse the world of all but those deemed worthy.

Follow the path of a male or female protagonist from three different races as you first discover your
own destiny before slowly discovering the truth, watch as entire cities turn to ash in the blink of an
eye as you uncover the lies and deceit your entire life is constructed upon and make your choices to
bring your entire society crumbling down to its foundations, or use your own wits to ensure LUCILE
makes it through to her launch date and bear witness to the dawn of a new era, but at what cost?

Ultimately CTRL+ALT RE will make you question
everything and bit by bit the world will show its
rotted, disgusting underbelly.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
Depending on your choices each of the three factions will have their own ending and slight variations. None of them are 'evil', there's no 'bad guy' in the game and all three have logical and believable points as to why they may or may not be right. At varied points the players will dislike each of them, then other points you will feel their heartbreak. It makes the last decision all the more difficult, largely because eventually someone close to the player will need to die so that others may live.

Spoiler for:
- - Farming ::
Info Info Info Info Info Info Info

Open World
CTRL+ALT RE is a vast open world with hundreds of interior and exteriors cells to explore, items to find, creatures to hunt and resources to harvest. Each new location offers something unique and interesting with plenty of secret locations, mysteries, festivals and generally fascinating lore filled lands that will constantly entertain. The only limits you will meet are those that involve quests and puzzles in order to proceed, meaning none of those locked doors or dead ends.

Transport
With the sheer size of the world it’s helpful to be able to navigate the map quickly and there are many vehicles that will transport you, for a price. Or you may be interested in purchasing one for yourself. Beasts and machines will take you wherever you need to go.

Mobile Homes
Throughout the world are many camps and inns for you to escape the dangerous night or heal after a long journey, but a mobile home will allow you to camp wherever you please and provide all the benefits of a high quality inn! These homes range from expensive to outrages, so you may be saving for a while!

Spoiler for:
The concept behind CTRL+ALT RE is simple enough in theory, but it’s complexity is sure to please even
the pickiest of gamers with just one simple question. “What do you want to happen?” Being your ideal
character isn’t about picking all the good choices, all the sarcastic ones, all the mean ones. No, who you
are will be based on your actions and it’s designed in such a way that you won’t know which is the right
thing to do. There’s no bad choices, just unprepared or uneducated ones. Ones stemmed from
indifference, cruelty or even amusement.

CTRL+ALT RE will be completely customized, utilizing its own scripted systems, original art and mapping,
music and vocals, massive and numerous locations for exploration and animated cut scenes that will follow
a grunge semi-Snoop Lion style. The theme is a technologically advanced yet still semi-medieval theme, similar
to steampunk without the grandeur. We will also be avoiding as much similarities to the default mechanics
of VXAce as possible.

The story itself is vast and has several outcomes, none of which the players will expect. Not only that
but hundreds of side-quests, maps and characters will all contribute to a truly unique experience.

[color="#48D1CC"]The Setting ~[/color]
CTRL+ALT RE is set in a rapidly declining world full of unique and varied landscapes ranging from
the massive dome cities, rain-forest utopias and technological marvels to desolate wastelands,
nuclear fallout and mismatched junkyard towns and settlements. While the game originally seems
to have a light-hearted feel and a comfortable playing freedom the oppressive graphics and
controlled lifestyle will quickly build the impression of a society gone horribly wrong.

-  - -------------------------- -  -
Players will start the game as a child of a selection of nine different species, roughly seven years old. During the beginning stage
the player will be presented with subtle choices ranging from picking apples, drawing, stealing your father’s sword and doing
chores around the house to killing your pet, throwing rocks at the neighbors, studying in isolation and even building a hidden
fort plus many others. All of which will influence who your character is and where they end up ten years later. These choices will
decide the characters starting class, appearance, starting location and even their social ties and will be the building blocks of a vast
and intricate future, opening or closing doors for your character differently for every playthrough.

[color="#2E8B57"]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color="#48D1CC"]The Priorities~[/color]
The priorities for now are building up and completing the main storyline and all sub-stories,
which will then be followed with developing our own systems and writing up all necessary
scripts. There’s no estimate for how long this will take and I’ll be learning/re-learning Ruby
and all the changes for VX Ace. At best mapping, animations and art will not be necessary
or really attempted for some months, concept art aside. That said I'll do my best to ensure
everything is above-average quality.
-  - -------------------------- -  -
The project itself will be a lot of work, so ultimately I’d like for it to be a commercial product.
It will, however, be a ‘pay what you want’, so 1$ is a perfectly reasonable amount, and more
than that is just generous <3 Of course anyone who beta-tests will receive a free copy.

I’d also like to start a kickstarter for the project once the game has been in production for some
time, which will give me plenty of content to approach the public with. Sufficient funding will allow
me to turn this from a one-man show to a fully fledged production which will allow for much more
content and a faster turnout.
[color="#2E8B57"]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color="#48D1CC"]Playable Races ~[/color]
[color="orange"][size=14]Legion[/size][/color]
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';        this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">Human…
</div></div>
[color="orange"][size=14]Odril[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(Think anorexic  sphinx-like creature with unusually long legs/arms and tribal face markings.)
Similar in structure to a legion, the Ordil is considered the second smartest race and is more culturally accepted among legionnaires than many other species, largely due to the fact they are more easily relatable as they share many of the same psychological reactions and facial/physical cues.

Standing a somewhat intimidating seven foot average the Ordril have long digit-grade legs, very pronounced ribs and hips, large eyes and a tall neck roughly three times the length of a legion. A recessive gene will sometimes endow females with a short fluffy bob-tail, though it is rare.

Their body is excessively furred, particularly around their shoulders and up either side of the neck, their face, however, is covered in short and very soft downy fur. Often Odril are born with facial and back markings, and rarely ever will an Odril be born with completely white or black fur.

Their hands have two thumbs as opposed to the one found on Legionnaires, however they only have three fingers.
[color="orange"][size=14]Solar/lunar elves[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(dark skin, red, gold or bronze hair. Pale skin, white grey, silver or navy hair.)
[color="orange"][size=14]Coldfolk (Nubinari)[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(Mermaids, only far creeper with landwalking.)
[color="orange"][size=14]Lumi[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(four arms, long ears, bat wings and legionish legs with longer toes and a toe-thumb greens and blues)
[color="orange"][size=14]Timberal[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(minotaurish without fur and kangaroo like facial features)

[color="orange"][size=14]Shrill[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(4 eyed ugly little troll things with downward curved tusks and bioluminescence, poor short distance sight, killing long range skills)
[color="orange"][size=14]Ner ut Doe[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(small dragons)
[color="orange"][size=14]Vett[/size][/color]
Spoiler for:
(Gnomes-dwarves)
</div>
[size=18]Concept Screens[/size]
Spoiler for:

This is my idea for the interface, basically an old design I never implemented into any of my games. The idea behind it is that as a child everything is very cheerful, wooden interface, bright colours, but as the story progresses the layout begins to change, being replaced with darker chipped wood, wood with tech upgrades, metal, metal with a lot of tech upgrades and then finally when the main story is finished, based on your choices, it will be a fancy high-tech interface or a charming wood interfaces with leaves and vines, or a mix of both.

[size=18]Concept Art & Sketches[/size]
Spoiler for:
Made you open the spoiler for nothing!
[size=18]Concept Maps[/size]
Spoiler for:
And again!
[size=18]Concept Tiles / Sprites[/size]
Spoiler for:
These things are unlikely to stay, mostly just me tinkering around for ideas.
This is an idea for a save spot. Or the SR machine as it will be called in-game.

(Edit: Not all graphics will be original, so not edited RTP like bellow)

Some more test stuff. I'll be making the tiles myself, of course, buts for now edits of the originals is much easier for me to figure out if it's worth attempting my own versions. :3

Loose ideas and the like, sometimes relevant, sometimes not, and subject to change.
Spoiler for:

[color="orange"][font="impact"][size=36]CTRL+ALT RE[/size][/font][/color][font="trebuchet ms"]
[size=14][color="black"]Launching ALTRNTRLITY, Please Stand By . . .[/color][/size][/font]

All the information bellow is roughly written and not fully realized, it's more for a quick glance at what I'm preparing for, but unfortunately as with many projects I can't be sure it'll make it past the concept stages. Nevertheless I'm already working on concept art and the main plot and ways to implement many of the features I'm dreaming. If I hit too many snags too early on I may scrap the idea entirely, though it is mostly a re-working of something I attempted some time back and with some appropriate tweaking many of the scripts I've made in the past can be adjusted.

This thread will be completely remodeled in a week or two once I figure out exactly what I'm going to do and if I'm going to tackle this idea head-on.

[size=12]<Booting Main; [color="orange"]The General Idea[/color]/BT>[/size][size=10] General Idea Loaded[/size]
Spoiler for:
[size=10][color="black"][font="andale mono"]The idea behind CTRL+ALT RE is to design a game that will suit a variety of playing styles and preferences by incorporating a ‘pick your own destiny’ system. By this I mean a slightly adjust form of games that require a lot of player control via choices and missions, only in a far less obvious way. Let me explain a little better.

While many games will immediately throw you into a character creation screen ALT RE will instead ask for a small amount of information. Specie, Gender and Parent Lifestyle. These three choices will instantly effect your standing with various factions and the beginning path your character will take in the story.

From this point you will start a ‘childhood’ stage, playing as a child through a series of missions that will determine your class, leading path, appearance and various other attributes. Things like choosing to paint, playing with the dog, taking your fathers sword without permission will all begin to build your character until a certain point, at which stage your character will age and you will begin your quest.

Based on your choices your character can start as anything from a farmer or shopkeeper to an assassin or politician, and the paths you are set on will affect the timeline differently. This also means that no matter what kind of things you enjoy in a game you’ll be able to focus on it.

For example, a farmer’s whole storyline will be centred around farming, building, expanding, etc, but will not be limited to this, it just means you’ll have a harder time figuring out how to suddenly turn to the path of a thief or mercenary, after all, your character didn’t grow up on this line, how would they know who to talk to?[/font][/color][/size]
[size=12] <Booting; “TGI P2”/BT>[/size]
Spoiler for:
[size=10][font="andale mono"][color="black"]Though there will be a lot of character building quests ultimately the storyline of the game will sweep up your character, though how and why will be different for each play through and your means of solving the plot and finishing the game will vary from save to save, but then again it’s possible to just ignore the main plot and let time take its course, which it will, but it’s effects on the world will become more and more apparent as time goes on until eventually there’s little you can do, or you may have even made a difference indirectly through your subtle choices and actions, that could be enough.

Which brings me to the next part, an overview of the storyline…[/color][/font][/size]
<Shutting down section 21B, Exiting, Boot Application; “Clear”, “Horizontal line”/SD>

[size=12]<Run Download; “[color="orange"]Synopsis[/color]”>[/size]
Spoiler for:
[size=10][font="andale mono"][color="black"]The game is set around several sub plots and one main plot, all sub-plots can be completed by any character but at lease on must be finished for the main plot to be completed. The sub plots would be things like the one bellow.

Assassin
From a young age –Juels- knew the life of an assassin was for her, from her time slaughtering the neighbourhood pets to her secret dagger practice late at night she was most definitely born for her job. ETC ETC. As she starts her mission she would have already had dealings with many of the undergrounds, unlike a farmer, and would be given a collection of quests to begin with. Following these quests will lead her through many ordeals, ultimately killing a king, or similar. The final major quest for the story line would ultimately reveal a piece of vital information pertaining to the main plot, and without that information there would be no way for your character to accomplish what needs to be done.

All sub-plots will be just as detailed as a full plot, and ultimately each line will be like playing an entirely new game as each one will require a different style of playing, as mentioned before. These plots will affect the world, yes, but not as much as the main plot, which will be something along the lines of a great disaster, ultimately making your character the hero by the end of the game.

That doesn’t mean you will need to stop playing, in fact there will be a whole array of new missions only available after, and some only available once you’ve completed all sub plots and the main.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=12]<Run ALt; "[color="orange"]Designing the Game[/color]">[/size]
Spoiler for:
[size=8][color="black"]The game will be an ambitious project, it will have its own art, animated semi-Snoop Lion style cutscenes, many massive and diverse locations, its own music, completely filled with custom scripts and much more. All of which will suit a technologically advanced yet medieval theme while avoiding as much similarities to the default mechanics of VXAce as possible.

The project itself will be a lot of work, so ultimately I’d like for it to be a commercial product. Though it will be a ‘pay what you want’ type, so 1$ is perfectly reasonable, and more is just generous <3 Of course anyone who beta-tests will receive a free copy.

I’d also like to start a kickstarter for the project once a more solid idea is formed and I’ve worked on it for some time. This will mean MUCH more content among other perks.[/color][/size]
</div>

Spoiler for:
CTRL+ALT RE
Launching ALTRNTRLITY, Please Stand By . . .

CTRL+ALT RE is About a world on the precipice of an Industrial Revolution, but this is most definitely not the revolution the people
are expecting. In just ten short years the leading Industries have not only destroyed many of the world’s natural resources and
irreversibly damaged the economy but also have complete and utter control of the entire unknowing populace. The world
leaders only have one objective, and that is expansion. Day by day the world grows weaker, the rich grow richer and the poor
work harder all in preparation for Lucile, the unannounced project meant to make everyone's lives easier by eradicating illness,
poverty, war, and bedroom issues. How? By 'cleansing' an epic margin of the population without anyone's consent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Follow the path of a male or female protagonist as you first discover your own path before slowly being privy to the truth, watch
as entire cities turn to ash in the blink of an eye as you uncover the lies and deceit your entire life is constructed upon and make
your choices to bring your entire society crumbling down to its foundations, or use your own wits to ensure LUCILE makes it
through to her launch date and bare witness to the dawn of a new era, but at what cost?

Ultimately CTRL+ALT RE will make you question everything and bit by bit the world will show its rotted, disgusting underbelly.
The concept behind CTRL+ALT RE is simple enough in theory, but it’s complexity is sure to please even the pickiest of gamers with
just one simple question. “Who do you want to be?” Being your ideal character isn’t about picking all the good choices, all the
sarcastic ones, all the mean ones. No, who you are will be based on your actions and it’s designed in such a way that you won’t
know which is the right thing to do. There’s no bad choices, just unprepared or uneducated ones. Ones stemmed from
indifference, cruelty or even amusement.

CTRL+ALT RE will be completely customized, utilizing its own scripted systems, original art and mapping, music and vocals, massive
and numerous locations for exploration and animated cut scenes that will follow a grunge semi-Snoop Lion style. The theme is a
technologically advanced yet still semi-medieval theme, similar to steampunk without the grandeur. We will also be avoiding as
much similarities to the default mechanics of VXAce as possible.

CTRL+ALT RE is set in a rapidly declining world full of unique and varied landscapes ranging from
the massive dome cities, rainforest utopias and technological marvels to desolate wastelands,
nuclear fallout and mismatched junkyard towns and settlements. While the game originally seems
to have a light-hearted feel and a comfortable playing freedom the oppressive graphics and
controlled lifestyle will quickly build the impression of a society gone horribly wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Players will start the game as a child of a selection of nine different species, roughly seven years old. During the beginning stage
the player will be presented with subtle choices ranging from picking apples, drawing, stealing your father’s sword and doing
chores around the house to killing your pet, throwing rocks at the neighbors, studying in isolation and even building a hidden
fort plus many others. All of which will influence who your character is and where they end up ten years later. These choices will
decide the characters starting class, appearance, starting location and even their social ties and will be the building blocks of a vast
and intricate future, opening or closing doors for your character differently for every playthrough.

The priorities for now are building up and completing the main storyline and all sub-stories,
which will then be followed with developing our own systems and writing up all necessary
scripts. There’s no estimate for how long this will take and I’ll be learning/re-learning Ruby
and all the changes for VX Ace. At best mapping, animations and art will not be necessary
or really attempted for some months, concept art aside. That said I'll do my best to ensure
everything is above-average quality.

The project itself will be a lot of work, so ultimately I’d like for it to be a commercial product. It will, however, be a ‘pay what you want’, so 1$ is a perfectly reasonable amount, and more than that is just generous <3 Of course anyone who beta-tests will receive a free copy.

I’d also like to start a kickstarter for the project once the game has been in production for some time, which will give me plenty of content to approach the public with. Sufficient funding will allow me to turn this from a one-man show to a fully fledged production which will allow for much more content and a faster turnout.

Concept Screens
Spoiler for:

Concept Art & Sketches
Spoiler for:
Made you open the spoiler for nothing!
Concept Maps
Spoiler for:
And again!
Concept Tiles / Sprites
Spoiler for:
These things are unlikely to stay, mostly just me tinkering around for ideas.
This is an idea for a save spot. Or the SR machine as it will be called in-game.

Some more test stuff. I'll be making the tiles myself, of course, buts for now edits of the originals is much easier for me to figure out if it's worth attempting my own versions. :3

Loose ideas and the like, relevant but subject to change.
Spoiler for:

CTRL+ALT RE
Launching ALTRNTRLITY, Please Stand By . . .

All the information bellow is roughly written and not fully realized, it's more for a quick glance at what I'm preparing for, but unfortunately as with many projects I can't be sure it'll make it past the concept stages. Nevertheless I'm already working on concept art and the main plot and ways to implement many of the features I'm dreaming. If I hit too many snags too early on I may scrap the idea entirely, though it is mostly a re-working of something I attempted some time back and with some appropriate tweaking many of the scripts I've made in the past can be adjusted.

This thread will be completely remodeled in a week or two once I figure out exactly what I'm going to do and if I'm going to tackle this idea head-on.

<Booting Main; The General Idea/BT> General Idea Loaded
Spoiler for:
The idea behind CTRL+ALT RE is to design a game that will suit a variety of playing styles and preferences by incorporating a ‘pick your own destiny’ system. By this I mean a slightly adjust form of games that require a lot of player control via choices and missions, only in a far less obvious way. Let me explain a little better.

While many games will immediately throw you into a character creation screen ALT RE will instead ask for a small amount of information. Specie, Gender and Parent Lifestyle. These three choices will instantly effect your standing with various factions and the beginning path your character will take in the story.

From this point you will start a ‘childhood’ stage, playing as a child through a series of missions that will determine your class, leading path, appearance and various other attributes. Things like choosing to paint, playing with the dog, taking your fathers sword without permission will all begin to build your character until a certain point, at which stage your character will age and you will begin your quest.

Based on your choices your character can start as anything from a farmer or shopkeeper to an assassin or politician, and the paths you are set on will affect the timeline differently. This also means that no matter what kind of things you enjoy in a game you’ll be able to focus on it.

For example, a farmer’s whole storyline will be centred around farming, building, expanding, etc, but will not be limited to this, it just means you’ll have a harder time figuring out how to suddenly turn to the path of a thief or mercenary, after all, your character didn’t grow up on this line, how would they know who to talk to?
<Booting; “TGI P2”/BT>
Spoiler for:
Though there will be a lot of character building quests ultimately the storyline of the game will sweep up your character, though how and why will be different for each play through and your means of solving the plot and finishing the game will vary from save to save, but then again it’s possible to just ignore the main plot and let time take its course, which it will, but it’s effects on the world will become more and more apparent as time goes on until eventually there’s little you can do, or you may have even made a difference indirectly through your subtle choices and actions, that could be enough.

Which brings me to the next part, an overview of the storyline…
<Shutting down section 21B, Exiting, Boot Application; “Clear”, “Horizontal line”/SD>

<Run Download; “Synopsis”>
Spoiler for:
The game is set around several sub plots and one main plot, all sub-plots can be completed by any character but at lease on must be finished for the main plot to be completed. The sub plots would be things like the one bellow.

Assassin
From a young age –Juels- knew the life of an assassin was for her, from her time slaughtering the neighbourhood pets to her secret dagger practice late at night she was most definitely born for her job. ETC ETC. As she starts her mission she would have already had dealings with many of the undergrounds, unlike a farmer, and would be given a collection of quests to begin with. Following these quests will lead her through many ordeals, ultimately killing a king, or similar. The final major quest for the story line would ultimately reveal a piece of vital information pertaining to the main plot, and without that information there would be no way for your character to accomplish what needs to be done.

All sub-plots will be just as detailed as a full plot, and ultimately each line will be like playing an entirely new game as each one will require a different style of playing, as mentioned before. These plots will affect the world, yes, but not as much as the main plot, which will be something along the lines of a great disaster, ultimately making your character the hero by the end of the game.

That doesn’t mean you will need to stop playing, in fact there will be a whole array of new missions only available after, and some only available once you’ve completed all sub plots and the main.

<Run ALt; "Designing the Game">
Spoiler for:
The game will be an ambitious project, it will have its own art, animated semi-Snoop Lion style cutscenes, many massive and diverse locations, its own music, completely filled with custom scripts and much more. All of which will suit a technologically advanced yet medieval theme while avoiding as much similarities to the default mechanics of VXAce as possible.

The project itself will be a lot of work, so ultimately I’d like for it to be a commercial product. Though it will be a ‘pay what you want’ type, so 1$ is perfectly reasonable, and more is just generous <3 Of course anyone who beta-tests will receive a free copy.

I’d also like to start a kickstarter for the project once a more solid idea is formed and I’ve worked on it for some time. This will mean MUCH more content among other perks.

Code: [Select]
[url="http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48468.msg553310/topicseen.html#msg553310"][IMG]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/018/5/f/sponser_by_syrubis-d72q9bg.png[/IMG][/url]

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Legion
Spoiler for:
Human…
Odril
Spoiler for:
(Think anorexic  sphinx-like creature with unusually long legs/arms and tribal face markings.)
Similar in structure to a legion, the Ordil is considered the second smartest race and is more culturally accepted among legionnaires than many other species, largely due to the fact they are more easily relatable as they share many of the same psychological reactions and facial/physical cues.

Standing a somewhat intimidating seven foot average the Ordril have long digit-grade legs, very pronounced ribs and hips, large eyes and a tall neck roughly three times the length of a legion. A recessive gene will sometimes endow females with a short fluffy bob-tail, though it is rare.

Their body is excessively furred, particularly around their shoulders and up either side of the neck, their face, however, is covered in short and very soft downy fur. Often Odril are born with facial and back markings, and rarely ever will an Odril be born with completely white or black fur.

Their hands have two thumbs as opposed to the one found on Legionnaires, however they only have three fingers.
Solar/lunar elves
Spoiler for:
(dark skin, red, gold or bronze hair. Pale skin, white grey, silver or navy hair.)
Coldfolk (Nubinari)
Spoiler for:
(Mermaids, only far creeper with landwalking.)
Lumi
Spoiler for:
(four arms, long ears, bat wings and legionish legs with longer toes and a toe-thumb greens and blues)
Timberal
Spoiler for:
(minotaurish without fur and kangaroo like facial features)

Shrill
Spoiler for:
(4 eyed ugly little troll things with downward curved tusks and bioluminescence, poor short distance sight, killing long range skills)
Ner ut Doe
Spoiler for:
(small dragons)
Vett
Spoiler for:
(Gnomes-dwarves)

This is my idea for the interface, basically an old design I never implemented into any of my games. The idea behind it is that as a child everything is very cheerful, wooden interface, bright colours, but as the story progresses the layout begins to change, being replaced with darker chipped wood, wood with tech upgrades, metal, metal with a lot of tech upgrades and then finally when the main story is finished, based on your choices, it will be a fancy high-tech interface or a charming wood interfaces with leaves and vines, or a mix of both.

My only issues really are visibility, staring at the bright green sometimes bothers my eyes, and they're much better than others. I wouldn't want people to not be able to play because their eyesight isn't too great, or the interface is just too dark with too many bright lights.

And ignore the maps, the first was when I first got my hands on VX, the other is a wip, I just needed some examples.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I really like the concept behind it, and I support where you're going with this, redesigning the mechanics as far away from default mechanics as possible. It kind of reminds me of the storyline of an anime or something as well.. Which I definitely like. I plan to try this out when you release it too, so keep on it!!  =)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Thanks so much for the support! Fingers crossed it gets passed the design stages, eh?  :zwink:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Sounds awesome, the setting in particular. I'll keep an eye on this.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Wow. :o This certainly does look promising!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Thank you both! I just hope it doesn't disappoint. <3
I've updated the second thread with some quick info on the potential playable races. It'll go into the main thread when it's more... Artistically written.

Will have more detailed updates after Christmas.

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Story is completely written down, all the interface is done, almost full set of items and classes.
Some minor map work that will be edited once custom graphics are complete.

Animated tutorial scenes and character creation menu are done with the choice of male/female, 8 races, two appearance variations for each gender/species. The graphics are not done and instead are using the old vx profiles until I can hire an artists, or do them myself.

Still working on the information for each race that will be visible in the preview window on the character creations screen, and the bulk form with all stat variations that can be seen when expanded. Still need some tweaking regarding the graphics and font.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
So lovely! :gracie: Was that a triforce I saw? ;]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Oh my goodness, so it is. Dang, I knew it seemed familiar!
And thanks!

And another screenie of some interface. Only because that's the only real thing done so far besides countless database work, story and prep maps that I'd rather not show on account of the sheer... Blandness. I'm hesitant to put any work towards the mapping yet until I know if I'll by hiring an artist for the custom tilesets or doing them myself.

But yeah, basic interfaceness!

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Just a quick idea of what the database is looking like. Most of it will be changed, tweaked etc but you get the idea.

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Updated with info on the leaders and quick info on the Anit/Pro- Luciles and the purgerists. Some features are up, but not with any detail. :3

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
I've been working on a class selection screen, it's coming along fairly well I think. I quickly filled in some content so you can get a rough idea of what it will look like but it's still a big work in progress as I'm trying to implement extra stats like intelligence, leadership, wisdom etc.
The final screen will be neater, the font easier to read etc, and the info section just looks god awful at the moment hehe.
I've also added another 40 enemies and roughly 200 items. I'll be posting some of my prep maps next time. (Prep as in layout prep, nothing more)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I love the concept art! :yuyu: (and I'm still drooling over the menus, over course~)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I like it, at least visually. If this project does make it  I'll be  playing it.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
This looks beautiful Syrubis. Keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
I wanted to thank you all for your support! Work on the game is still ongoing, I had hoped to update with more screens but since a large portion of the work being done at this point is around eventing and scripting that's not much of a possibility. The good news is a demo of all the maps should be out next month, with luck. Of course none of the maps will be complete and will essentially use only the default tiles it'll give you a feel for the size of the world and it's maps plus some ways on how the player can interact with everything in the game world, from walls to plants. Though on a much smaller scale for the purpose of this demo.

With the demo I'm hoping to include the character creation and first few minutes of gameplay, it will be nothing grand but it will let you get a good look at the menus and such.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Wooooooooowwwwww, this looks incredible, Sy!

I love how you're aiming to really make something new and refreshing with Ace, and all the little complex details are really fascinating. I'm most certainly looking forward to this!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
That database looks really ambitious. It'll be interesting to see how it all works in-game.

Move it, kid. ;)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Hello all! Just a quick bump to let all know this is still in production, and though it is not as far along as we would have liked it is still leaps and bounds ahead of what has been posted here. This thread will be updated as soon as we have the time available and the first demo will be released for all interested.

Drop by again soon for all the updated screenies and demo videos! Looking forward to your input once the playable demo is up!

Syru~

pokeball BCjOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 36
RMRK Junior
Looking forward to it!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 40
Cat Fanatic
Pulled this project up from my old usb and decided to tinker with the starting scenes. Spent a few hours on this, including the time it took to while up a few rough art scenes. I'm pretty proud of the direction it's going, but would love some input.

You can download/watch the video here, unfortunately as far as video media is concerned I've got no idea how to work with it so fingers crossed you actually get to see it. And much love if anyone can upload it somewhere for me to embed :S

http://sta.sh/02dj2qlx5bgv

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Do you have a youtube account?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&