RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Wayward (My NaNoWriMo Project)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
NaNoWriMo is a month long race to write a novel (50,000). I started four days ago and now have 10K+ words to my credit.

Feel free to read what I have so far, but be warned:

The idea is not to go back and spend a lot of time editing, so you may see grammatical and other errors. Please enjoy them.

I have outlined the novel to the end, so "spoilers" exist. If you want to see the finished product without knowing what will happen, don't read past chapter 5.

Without further commentary: Wayward.

Edit - Two chapters added. Enjoy.
Edit - Lots added. Outline removed, it's now just what I've written! No spoilers.
Edit - "Completed" version uploaded. My entire NaNoWriMo entry. Still have a lot of story to write!

Update!

So the day has come: I've released the whole thing to everybody!

Get your copy here!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:25:29 AM by boe »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I signed up, so I should really get started.
Motivation, I need some. Does anybody know somewhere online I can get some for cheap?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
The site has some pretty helpful pep talks and writing prompts.

Like this: http://nanowrimo.org/writing-marathon

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Double post :mad:

More added. Any feedback?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Please just go away. You're making me feel bad for neglecting my writing.
Spoiler for:
I'll read what you have in a bit and give some feed back.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
More story written. I'm at 29K+ and chugging along.

The only problem is I have WAY more to put down than 50K words I'm now realizing. Well, it'll be a good start at least!

Check the main post to download the latest version and hey, some feedback would be cool.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Double post sucka!

Actually just a humble brag: completed the challenge and got in my 50k words! I'll post what I have at a later date (prob tomorrow).

Edit - I have updated the download. Enjoy and give feedback please.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:00:00 PM by bluntsword »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Tri-tri-tri-triple post!!!!!

Ok I'm just excited that's all.

My goal for this novel was 90,000 words and look!

Now I just have to edit, tie up some loose ends, finish the plot, make a glossary and index, get the cover ready...

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I probably would have read it if it were still 10,000 and I had known about it;
But all the better if the finished product is around the corner.
Well you did tell me it'd be done around February, so I shouldn't be surprised.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Launch date is next Thursday.

And by launch date I mean it's finished and uploaded to Amazon and b&n and stuff.

Plus that makes it sound like I know what I'm doing.