RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question about Used Nintendo Wii

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I was thinking about buying a used Nintendo Wii because they're pretty damn cheap, have pretty damn good games, and Virtual Console. I was just wondering if buying a Wii used would restrict anything about playing online/buying from the Wii Shop Channel as well as various game recommendations. :D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Not that I'm aware of. A friend of mine bought a Wii from a pawn shop, and he never said anything.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Nah it's basically the same, in fact it might even be better. Older wii's still have gamecube controller ports and can run homebrew o.o Otherwise it's exactly the same as buying a new one.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm fairly sure the Virtual Console on the Wii is discontinued now because of the Wii U. I know Nintendo shut down a lot of the online channel services.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Wii U and 3ds is where it's at :P

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm fairly sure the Virtual Console on the Wii is discontinued now because of the Wii U. I know Nintendo shut down a lot of the online channel services.
But... what about the pre-existing games that were released for the VC...? Oh god, I don't know what to do ;~; The point of buying a Wii was because I was too poor for the new-gen consoles >_> Regardless, I guess it might still be a proper upgrade from the GameCube...? I guess I'll just see if my League account sells - in which case I have more money to spend :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:52:20 AM by Kokowam »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I was mistaken, you can still access the shop and buy Virtual Console games on the Wii. Sorry.
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh, ok :P Thanks, though; I'd rather be aware of what probable issues there may be. Even if there aren't any, it's good to be sure, I guess. And well, there are still good Wii games, too. :P