RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Night of the Living Noobyas (Complete Game)

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior

Night of the Living Noobyas

Abstract: Since the beginning, RM communities have been forced to coexist with noobs. Now with the threat of an evil noob threatening the very existence of such forums, a band of hapless and witless heroes will rise to the challenge to bring him down... or get banned trying.
Genre Comedy RPG
Engine:
Game Progression: Completed
Average Game Time: Projected to be at around 8 hours

A Quick Note 12/10/14:
This game was originally made with RPG RPG Revolution (RRR) in mind, but now both RRR and VX.net are gone, no thanks to iEntry. However, I think there are a lot of commonalities between the various RM sites, and many members will recognize members from other sites, that a lot of the humor can be applied across the board. It attempts to take jabs at some of the staff I've grown acquainted with, the communities we've all been a part of, politics, life circumstances, and noobs and rpg's in general.

For those who have played it before, there hasn't been a whole lot of updates outside of some minor improvements. I've also included an RTP version along with the non RTP version now. For those who haven't played it, I can't bank on whether the comedy will agree with you or not, since comedy is very subjective, but I encourage you to at least try the game out and let me know what you think (even if you can't stomach it enough to play through).

It's the only game (so far) I've made, but here's hoping to have at least one more in the next year or two. So if you have any feedback, please feel free to share it.

DOWNLOAD:
You can choose to download the RTP version if you'd like. If you prefer the non RTP version, you need to have the VX RTP installed first (if you don't have it) - Make sure to click the VX RTP:
VX RTP: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

The download for both versions (RTP and non RTP) can be found here:
Night of the Living Noobyas (12/10/14): http://rpgmaker.net/games/5050/downloads/

There is a documentation folder included with character profiles/enemy stats, a couple of bad maps, and a full walkthrough, if needed.

STORY:
Spoiler for:
After Jonnie19 gives Nooblie Nooberson a bad gaming review, Nooblie vows revenge on the entire Triple R staff. With his Noobula Virus in hand, Nooblie plans to create an army of noobs in order to fill the community with stupid people.

Now by some sheer amount of dumb luck, X-M-O, Jonnie19, and AMerk are forced from the comfort of their tree house home in order to tread the boundaries of Shitty Island, in the vain hope that they can pwn Nooblie once and for all.

But is Nooblie’s thirst for revenge his own doing? Or is it the work of an even greater noob?

Join our hapless heroes as they race against illogical time, face idiotic foes, sort through random plot threads, and try to find answers to some of the tougher questions that have plagued wise men throughout the ages, such as:

Where did noobs originate from?
What really happens in a healing bed?
And what is the Final Fantasy paradox?

CHARACTERS:
Spoiler for:
AMerk: Gullible and naive, this happy-go-lucky junkie is as loyal as a dumb dog, but as vicious as an Easter Bunny on steroids when put to the test. While he means well, his heroics (and lack thereof) usually results in mayhem for the rest of the group.

Jonnie19: Sarcastic and witty, though he may be, Jonnie’s skill with the lighter arts of healing will keep this team of misfits well and healthy for another day. Just don’t send him to a healing bed afterwards, or he will have your head.

X-M-O: There’s a lot of things X-M-O would rather do than be dragged around an island with AMerk. But his trip to Hawaii for a much-needed vacation will now have to wait, no thanks to the growing evil that is Nooblie Nooberson and the threat of being banned from his beloved community.

Sparrowsmith: No one knows what the bird knows! This mysterious traveler holds the secrets to some of life’s greatest mysteries; unfortunately, very few of those secrets will have any real value in their quest against noobs.

Nooblie Nooberson: The villains always get a last name! And with a name like his, you can see why. Pissed off at the world, and at RM communities especially, Nooblie is the mastermind behind the goings on around the island. Or is he?

CREDITS:
Spoiler for:
A full list of credits will be found in documents provided with the game, as well as included at the end of the game as well. However, here is a list of the major contributors (outside of Enterbrain and Degica):

Tilesets:
First Seed Material (MACK/REFMAP)
Therapie
Titanhex
Famitsu / Tsukuru / Joy

Sprites:
Penguin
Avadan
grafikal
GrandmaDeb
MapleStory / Wizet
PinedaVX
The Welsh Paddy
Weem (aka Raith)

Battlers:
MapleStory / Wizet
Qut
Jens of Zanicuud

Audio:
Short Story
Video Game Music Archive
Reone662 / Maoudamasil
Theodoric
Music Machina
Sir Connor Anderson
Pure Pwnage

Scripts / Software:
Damian666 – for his CharCreator
BulletXT – for SwapXT
Yanfly – Y6 Core Engine; YERD Battle Display
Anaryu – AS: Antilag
EXP Fix – ZeroManArmy
KGC / Mr. Bubble – Forced Victory Stop
TDS – ToP Menu
BigEd – Level Up Display; Auto Start Option
Solstic – File Window
DiamondandPlatinum3 (DP3) – Pong

rpgrevolution.com
rpgmakervxace.com
sbester – beta testing
BizarreMoneky – for ensuring my stats and battles are properly balanced
MrE, ZeroManArmy, Nate Benton, Benko, and Kelsper – tutorials

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler for:
Various Scenes:

Search everywhere! You never know when you’ll find something clever… or cleverly stupid.

The Plot!

This question gets asked of AMerk quite a bit. Unfortunately, the answers he gives are true. I've been dropped on my head (once while playing football), I've been hit in the head with a hammer (by accident, of course), and I've inhaled helium to the point of passing out (I was trying to get a chipmunk voice and it didn't quite work out as well as planned).

And you're still a bit small.

Nooblie’s Game:

The worst fan game in the history of RM! Okay, so maybe fan games aren't always this bad.

See? Jonnie even agrees!

Game Play and Mechanics:

A taste for battle!

X-M-O shows off his merchandise. Now that RRR is no longer around, I'm sure other Admins can make use of the Staff Beater!

Pac-Man's Nightmare! I couldn't get Pac-Man to work as well as I wanted, so I came up with this... and I wasn't even on drugs.

FEATURES:
Spoiler for:
Uh, well – visible encounters, minimal grinding, lots of side quests (for loot, dungeons, and monsters), mini-games (do they count even when they are required to play?).

OPEN SOURCE – WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR YOU?
Spoiler for:
The game is open source. What that means for you, as a VX owner, is that you have access to pull up my game in the editor and study all of my flaws. If you wish to view my maps, however, you will need to check out the credits spreadsheet to see which swaps go with which maps and apply them through SwapXT. I won’t take the time to explain how to use SwapXT, though, since there are already plenty of tutorials available on its use.

KNOWN ISSUES (NOTHING GAME BREAKING, JUST MINOR NUISANCES):
Spoiler for:
  • The script for the Pong game doesn’t track variables outside of the mini-game, so it doesn’t matter if you win or lose.
  • The swap in tilesets between the Default and Spooky Crypt gets a bit wonky, for some reason. It doesn’t impact the game in anyway, though. It just makes it so that one moment a stool might be passable, and then in another area not passable, or little trival things like that.
  • Using Yanfly’s script, the quantity of items has a box and a squiggly line next to the quantity. I haven’t discovered the fix as of yet.
  • TDS’s ToP Menu is a tad off-center. Discovered why that is. I had 640x480 resolution with Yanfly's Core Script, whereas the ToP is set at the default. This is now fixed
  • Caught a couple of extra typo's while during my wife's playthrough. No idea how these slipped through the cracks, but so far only two that I've seen during her 3+ hours of playing, so I guess it could have been a lot worse.

DISCLAIMERS, COMMENTS, NOTES, AND WHATEVER ELSE:
Spoiler for:
  • This game was made in good faith against some of the staff (and members) I’ve worked with in the past. It is not meant as an insult of any sort against their true character.
  • The game features crude references, some political satire, and brief instances of profanity, but nothing R-rated. In fact, I’d rate this game PG-13, if I cared enough to.
  • There is a bit of gender confusion, especially with kaz and X-M-O’s character, whom I thought were guys when I initially started the game. X-M-O (wherever she may now be) thought it would be funny to see her character portrayed as a guy, and so I left them as is. I have to admit, knowing them as ladies and creating/playing them as guys was quite entertaining.
  • AMerk (meaning me, and not the game character) is not a junkie, nor has he ever been associated with drugs before,  although he is a bit addicted to caffeine. Nor does he endorse the use of drugs, except maybe caffeine.
  • No noobs or staff members were hurt (too much) in the creation of this game.
  • The stunts that you see performed in this game are done so by non-professionals. You should not attempt these stunts yourself… except maybe in the privacy of your own home when nobody is watching.

PREVIOUS UPDATES:
Spoiler for:

Based on feedback received from a recent review, I went ahead and made some necessary fixes to the overall difficulty in the combat.

Most enemies have an increase drop in EXP and Gold of about 1.25 to 1.50 times the previous rate, which should hopefully reduce the need to grind while also making your characters a bit more powerful against some of the monsters and bosses.

In addition to that, enemy agility has been lowered quite a bit, which should allow for your characters a better chance in attacking first. I also went ahead and reduced the rate of some of the attack patterns so enemies don't spam certain attacks at any given time.

Finally, the enemies in the optional dungeon "Mushroom Road" now drop EXP and gold as well, whereas previously they only dropped items.

Hopefully these changes will make the gameplay a bit easier to digest.

Note, the walkthrough and profiles still included with the game file (as word doc and excel sheets) still retain the old stat/exp/gold drops of the enemy. I didn't bother updating these as I didn't feel there was much need for it, since the overall strategies still work if you're in a slump, and it would take too long to update that information.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:03:08 PM by amerk »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I'm gonna try this right after Graspop... meaning, probably thuesday evening ^^

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Now I miss Irock.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Update:

Based on feedback received from a recent review, I went ahead and made some necessary fixes to the overall difficulty in the combat.

Most enemies have an increase drop in EXP and Gold of about 1.25 to 1.50 times the previous rate, which should hopefully reduce the need to grind while also making your characters a bit more powerful against some of the monsters and bosses.

In addition to that, enemy agility has been lowered quite a bit, which should allow for your characters a better chance in attacking first. I also went ahead and reduced the rate of some of the attack patterns so enemies don't spam certain attacks at any given time.

Finally, the enemies in the optional dungeon "Mushroom Road" now drop EXP and gold as well, whereas previously they only dropped items.

Hopefully these changes will make the gameplay a bit easier to digest.

Note, the walkthrough and profiles still included with the game file (as word doc and excel sheets) still retain the old stat/exp/gold drops of the enemy. I didn't bother updating these as I didn't feel there was much need for it, since the overall strategies still work if you're in a slump, and it would take too long to update that information.

Here's the new link to the download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q5hhwqokhqvrwh7/Night+of+the+Living+Noobyas.exe

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
A Quick Note 12/10/14: I've fixed the broken game images and made some updates in the download.

This game was originally made with RPG RPG Revolution (RRR) in mind, but now both RRR and VX.net are gone, no thanks to iEntry. However, I think there are a lot of commonalities between the various RM sites, and many members will recognize members from other sites, that a lot of the humor can be applied across the board. It attempts to take jabs at some of the staff I've grown acquainted with, the communities we've all been a part of, politics, life circumstances, and noobs and rpg's in general.

For those who have played it before, there hasn't been a whole lot of updates outside of some minor improvements. I've also included an RTP version along with the non RTP version now. For those who haven't played it, I can't bank on whether the comedy will agree with you or not, since comedy is very subjective, but I encourage you to at least try the game out and let me know what you think (even if you can't stomach it enough to play through).

It's the only game (so far) I've made, but here's hoping to have at least one more in the next year or two. So if you have any feedback, please feel free to share it.