RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Erase floor tiles? [vxa]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I literally just started using vxa after using xp forever. The only reason for the change was the higher frame rate and the enhanced font drawing. Since I never really used VX much less VXA I can't help but be overwhelmed... this might sound like a dumb question, but in XP I used to erase the floor tiles and make an isometric room and set it as a panorama. I would then map events and certain objects over it. I'm trying to do this in ace, but I don't know how to erase the floor tiles??

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Sorry, not sure what you want. Do you mean delete them in the editor? Or do you want to delete tiles in game?

Is this even close to what you're talking about?

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/1589-parallax-mapping/?hl=parallax
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51490
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Hmm that is basically what I did in XP. Though I meant how do I delete them in the map editor. Example: I have a grass floor and a parallax, how do i delete the grass floor to show the parallax beneath it?

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Paint over it with an empty tile?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
The problem is that there are no blank autotiles. I just realized i can make a dummy autotile though haha. Idk why I keep feeling limited to the rtp

Rep:
Level 58
in training
There are still blank tiles but they're a buried a little. Slightly different spot on each of the defaults but here's an image showing its location in the "Interior" tileset.

Is that what you're after? The "delete" tile?

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Omg, that's exactly what I was talking about. Thank god. I like the default rtp in ace and I'm using it in game so I didn't want to have to edit the tilesets too much. Good to know it's still there

Rep:
Level 96
I had trouble finding it the first time I started VXA too. I don't understand why it's not the very first tile LIKE IN EVERY OTHER Rpg maker. It just doesn't make sense.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Theres a lot of things in VXA that don't make sense