RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP Request] Touhou Character Sprites

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
Hey there, sorry to trouble you people but I need some help. I'm helping a friend of mine find some sprites for a Touhou RPG he's making and he needs certain Touhou Sprites in his game and we can't seem to find them or find them in the RPG Maker XP-style as they're either in 2003 or VX style which we don't need.

We currently need:
Yumemi
Chiyuri
Nue Houjuu
Shou Toramaru
Nazrin
Kyouko Kasodani
Toyosatomimi no Miko
Yoshika Miyako
Seiga Kaku
Mononobe no Futo
Soga no Tojiko
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Tenshi Hinanai
Iku Nagae

If you can either find these sprites in XP-style or if you guys could help make them we appreciate it! He's making the game mostly by himself and I came in later and is helping him out, out of my own spare time. We would appreciate it if you could help us. Please and thank you.

Oh! And while we're on the subject on Touhou are there any good Japanese-era Tilesets and Character Sets we could use for the Touhou setting? The European-era of RMXP doesn't fit with the cast. Thanks once again!

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Do you:
-Have the rest?
-Know who made them?

Can you show what you have?

(Disclaimer: I don't use XP; but I thought I'd help out anyway)

I do not know the artist how made them, but here's some of them:

Yuyuko

Yukari

Yuuka

Yorihime

Okuu

Toyohime

Sanae

Sakuya

Remilia

Reisen

Reimu

Ran

Patchouli

Mokou

Mima

Marisa

Komachi

Keine

Kanako

Kaguya

Eirin

Aya

Alice

Akyu

Shinki

Byakuren

This is the artstyle and the looks of the characters. My friend found these sprites by searching everywhere, even pixiv, but the ones I mentioned in my first post are the ones missing and/or needed the most with the exception of Tenshi and Iku but it's nice to have the whole gang around.

And any Touhou/Japanese Tilesets as well? Only 2003 and VX version seems to exist yet the XP version doesn't for some reason despite that Touhou is very popular.

Location of the Sprites found, thanks to my friend though not all Touhou sprites and hasn't been updated in a while:
http://deli.cubic2.net/member/taoc/kadoya/tkoolxp.htm

Tenshi, Iku, and Narzin sprites were found here:
http://tohohjk.blog.shinobi.jp/%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E7%B4%A0%E6%9D%90/

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im2783801
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:21:29 AM by VirusChris »

Are you guys seriously? You couldn't find any?

So I made a Shou Toramaru sprite since I wasn't getting any replies on it.

Shou Toramaru

This is my version of Shou Toramaru (???) from the bullet hell game series, Touhou (??), in RPG Maker XP (RPG????XP) sprite style as I haven't seen one or a very good one for the RMXP so I decided to make her myself. You can freely use this sprite anything, just give proper credit! ^_^

And here's a current list of the Touhou characters I need in RMXP style:

Yumemi
Chiyuri
Hatate
Kasen
Nue Houjuu
Kyouko Kasodani
Toyosatomimi no Miko
Yoshika Miyako
Seiga Kaku
Mononobe no Futo
Soga no Tojiko
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
Sara
Kosuzu

So... anyone know if these sprites exist in any shape or form in the RMXP style? And do you think the Shou Toramaru sprite I made is good enough? I feel like I can improve even more on it, she was tricky to make because of her hair!

This was the only Shou Toramaru sprite I could find on Pixiv, and it wasn't exactly good:

Which is why I made my version myself.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:32:23 AM by VirusChris »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
You wouldn't happen to know of this, right? No PC-98(Someone oughta do a survey about that sometime) but you get Kisume.

This guy also has VX sprites, though that's not what you're looking for...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:58:03 AM by Wiimeiser »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
This guy has the UFO, TD and DDC sprites but not any of the others...

I swear, some people think EoSD is Touhou 1. They're not numbered except 7+ on disc...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm sure he appreciates the help, but he hasn't been back since May. I don't think he's coming back.