RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Stencyl] Project Valentine

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Project Valentine

Play it on Kongregate
Or fill out the Contestant Webform
Highscore Table

What is Project Valentine?

Project Valentine is a holiday game I am working on, to be released on Kongregate and Laguz.us.

It is an online, asynchronous version of The Dating Game.

The player takes on the role of a Bachelorette seeking a Valentine, and asks questions of 3 mystery contestants.  These contestants answer her questions, and at the end, the Bachelorette selects one of them to be her Valentine.

The asynchronous twist is that each contestant is created by filling out a web form.  The web form contains all 30 of the questions in the game, and once completed, is submitted to a database that the game pulls from.  This allows anyone to create a contestant for the game.  In addition, whenever a contestant is selected as the winner, their score goes up.  There will be a highscore table, showing which contestants have received the most Project Valentine victories.

All names of contestants are randomized, the form takes no personal information at all, and if we find email addresses, names, or anything of the like in any of the submission fields, we will delete the entries.

But NAMKCOR, couldn't people abuse the system?

Well sure, that's always a possibility, but it is one I am taking into account.

Upon submission of the form, a symbol swearing word filter will be applied, changing common obscenities into harmless character combinations. 

Additionally, there will be a REPORT button right in game, so if anything slips through, or if a contestant is flat out uncouth, a player can report them immediately.  When a contestant reaches a threshold of reports, they will be blacklisted, and will no longer show up in game or in the highscore table.

Sounds great, when is it released?

Currently, Project Valentine is nearing completion.  Barring any significant and unforseen setbacks, it is slated for release on February 10th.

You can keep up with the news by following my tumblr blog.  Major updates will be posted into this thread.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:53:40 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Linking to tvtropes is a punishment you should reserve for your worst enemies. Only good fortune saved the rest of my evening.

More seriously, that sounds like a great idea NAMKCOR.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I've got the webform for contestant submission completed.

Go on and give it a go!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Doublepost: Beta Version 0.0061 is up!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Where can we play the beta?? I also filled in the file and I'm Angel E. :D

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Where can we play the beta??

There's a link in the main topic.

Also the point of having generated names was to keep personal information out of the game, to prevent creeping.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Officially released!  Enjoy it on Kongregate!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:49:15 PM by NAMKCOR »