RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
So they're making an HD remake of Wind Waker.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-23-nintendo-announces-zelda-wind-waker-re-make-out-this-year

I'm in disbelief. Fantastic news, if it's true, but something about the screenshots looks ... off to me.

I guess I'm just in shock.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSF-yNvKmjI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSF-yNvKmjI</a>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:39:05 PM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Theres a tad too much bloom no?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm excited. Wind Waker is my favorite game, and I'm also currently learning to speedrun it.

I think the original's artstyle is better. This one is kind of interesting but needs some work. The environments look cool, aside from the massive amount of bloom. The characters look weird though, almost like they're made of clay. I also can't tell if a lot of the environment textures and models are any different-- they look the same. It still has until at most November to come out, so I'm sure the art will improve. I'm happy it's not just an upres of the original.

Hopefully they'll redo the soundtrack, perhaps have it orchestrated.

Even more hopefully, they'll add in the dungeons that were planned for the original but scrapped due to time. But that's being REALLY hopeful.

At the very least, I'm anticipating an inventory on the gamepad and maybe a more difficult Newgame+.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, I'm pretty excited. I didn't expect Nintendo to show Wind Waker some love any time soon.
:tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
The new game he's talking about doesn't seem to be the remake of Windwaker. He just seems to be mentioning that Windwaker was something original from an artistic stand point that they liked and will continue to push the boundaries. He also mentioned that they're remaking Windwaker, but just HD, not that the new game that is being made is the Windwaker remade. So, 2 points of good news. 1, HD version of Windwaker for WiiU and 2, a new Zelda game that is probably not going to be as linear and will more than likely be multiplayer. With the remake of Windwaker, he doesn't mention anything about changing the gameplay or story or any mechanics other than updating its graphics, which is good nevertheless, but he also didn't mention that they weren't changing anything either so there could be some new content added into the HD version of Windwaker for WiiU. Good news over all I think. 2 different games.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't think anyone was confused about that.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Grafikal what are you talking about.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'd rather have an HD remake of Majora's Mask.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm excited. Wind Waker is my favorite game, and I'm also currently learning to speedrun it.
I was actually going to try to do this because I was inspired by cosmowright. Don't know why you didn't mention superswim and zombie hover in your YouTube WW glitches video :mad:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Still awesome news, but
this.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102
I was actually going to try to do this because I was inspired by cosmowright. Don't know why you didn't mention superswim and zombie hover in your YouTube WW glitches video :mad:
That was before I was exposed to the speedrunning community. I was aware of superswimming, but at the time dry storage had yet to be discovered and I didn't know it was even possible outside of TAS with forest water.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:30:12 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 102
Also yeah, it's interesting that Nintendo is remaking the graphics of the prettiest and most timeless Zelda game to date. The original game still looks good aside from a few kinks.

Rep:
Level 46
Overlord in Training
Where's the 2.5d hd remake of Link to the Past?  :'(

Rep:
Level 102
Where's the 2.5d hd remake of Link to the Past?  :'(
It doesn't exist.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That was before I was exposed to the speedrunning community. I was aware of superswimming, but at the time dry storage had yet to be discovered and I didn't know it was even possible outside of TAS with forest water.
We should compete with each other if you get into it >:]

Zombie hover's a fucking bitch though I can't fucking mash that quickly.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I kinda see what you mean Arlen. I think the combination to bloom, plus the overly saturated colors (even compared to the original) kind of throws it off.

... Which isn't to say I'm not looking forward to it, I loved The Wind Waker.

As for the actual new Zelda they're working on, I'm hoping they return to the open world style of the original NES game. With the popularity of games like Skyrim and Fable, I can see that working very well.

I'm with you, Acolyte. The first time I saw this, I almost cried with joy. Majora's Mask was, and probably will remain, I favorite game of all time. I loved the dark Pixar-like style from that trailer, it's extremely fitting.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 102
We should compete with each other if you get into it >:]

Zombie hover's a fucking bitch though I can't fucking mash that quickly.
I've done a couple non-tuner Master Sword races. They were my only times actually going through the route so I did horribly, plus I softlocked my game in the second race in Dragon Roost Cavern and had to load my last save from before Forsaken Fortress. I've gotta practice!

If you run non-tuner, the only place where you should zombie hover is to skip the Helmaroc fight, which is super short but you have a lot to worry about like ensuring a heart lands on the spikes, lining it up really quickly and not pressing L too early and accidentally turning to face Helmaroc. Though the world record holder for that category, SwordlessLink is a pussy and doesn't do it.

To keep this relevant, there's probably going to be a derpy blind Wind Waker HD race the day it comes out where people will try all the glitches in the original. They were talking about it in #zelda on the SRL IRC server.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:35:07 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 96
LttP doesn't need a remake. Neither does Wind Waker, really, as someone already pointed out, but it's a better candidate than LttP.

2D SNES / GBA games shouldn't be remade. They're fine. Early 3D games with ugly, horrible polygons and gross brown textures and general fuzziness that make your eyes hurt, THOSE are the games that need to be remade. So yeah, Majora's Mask would be nice, along with FF7, FF8, and all those other 15+ years ago "cutting-edge" 3D games that, now in retrospect, look like absolute garbage.

I'm glad game companies are more open to this idea, now. They did an HD remake for Ico and Shadow of Colossus, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, OKAMI, and Hitman Trilogy HD just came out. Those are good choices. But not LttP, or Super Metroid, or any of those games; those are perfect the way they are because they never sacrificed playability to have "sweet, new 3D graphics."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:54:32 PM by Arlen »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I've done a couple non-tuner Master Sword races. They were my only times actually going through the route so I did horribly, plus I softlocked my game in the second race in Dragon Roost Cavern and had to load my last save from before Forsaken Fortress. I've gotta practice!

If you run non-tuner, the only place where you should zombie hover is to skip the Helmaroc fight, which is super short but you have a lot to worry about like ensuring a heart lands on the spikes, lining it up really quickly and not pressing L too early and accidentally turning to face Helmaroc. Though the world record holder for that category, SwordlessLink is a pussy and doesn't do it.

To keep this relevant, there's probably going to be a derpy blind Wind Waker HD race the day it comes out where people will try all the glitches in the original. They were talking about it in #zelda on the SRL IRC server.
Yeah, I know a good chunk of the first half of the speedrun, but I've never really sat through looking through the second half. I guess I should try for English, no tuner, then. Would save me the time and money of getting a GB connector and a GB, too.

And do you happen to use Dolphin or original console with Dazzle or something? 30FPS isn't as bad as trying to do frame-specific timings (ie. dry storage) on 60FPS games, but I don't know if there's a delay for Dolphin with a Magic Joy Box (if you happen to use that or some other controller input thingy) so... yeah.

I've also been thinking about speedrunning DmC3 if I can somehow get controller shit working on my laptop.

Rep:
Level 102
I use a Dazzle DVC 100 and hook my Wii up to it with s-video. I kind of lucked out because the ONLY software that works with a Dazzle on OS X, VideoGlide, has no noticeable delay, and since my TV is too far away for me to split the signal, I play by looking at the same video on my monitor that I stream. I can get storage, so it's good enough! Console is the best way to play the game, and I don't think emulators are allowed in the leaderboards for Wind Waker.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
From what I remember, I've only heard of GB and GBA emulators being banned because they were so much faster at loading than the actual handheld, but not sure about other consoles. I guess I'll get around to setting that all up though, then.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
They did an HD remake for ... Shadow of Colossus

This was probably one of the best things ever made by mankind.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Hopefully they allow you to skip the cutscenes in this port.

Also it looks worse than Wind Waker in Dolphin.

Also a thread is made for Wind Waker HD but not YARN YOSHI and SMT X FIRE EMBLEM and THE NEW XENOBLADE which looks awesome.