RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Running a common event before using a skill

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Sorry, my first post; I'm a noob, please bear with me.
I don't know if this is possible using only events or if scripts are required also, but....

Anyways, what I would like to do is to run a common event before the actor uses their skill. At first, I simply tried setting the common event in the skill section, but I quickly learned that common events run after the skill is performed.

I tried to do this using common events ---> force action, but I realized that it wouldn't work since I'm using the unlimited actors script by albertfish, (which allows me to switch the formation of my party members) and the GTBS script by GubiD. (Allowing me to have more than 4 actors fighting.)

What do I need in order to accomplish this?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm not familiar with those scripts, so I might be wrong, but I'm not sure that there's a way to do it with events. However, it's possible that the GTBS allows for such an action, in which case you'd need to look through that script and see if it is mentioned in the instructions.

Otherwise, you might need to make a script request, but there aren't a lot of XP scripters on this site.

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Alright, Thanks.
I'll look into it and see if I can find anything.